Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    I want it to be Draenei. Some "not-so-holy" paladin in example.

Or gnome, just for haters.
    Kelsey Steelspark is pretty awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    *cought*Silvermoon City*cough*

Though I guess technically it's not smoking, just being haunted by level 5 ghosts. So far no one has even tried to begin fixing it.
    Then can we count the Exodar being fully broken for the same time period?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    There's plenty of lore behind Turalyon...

Just imagine, when he comes back to Azeroth, he finds his kingdom, Lordaeron, not only occupied by a bunch of zombies that have sought to drive the remaining residents of Lordaeron into extinction, but who have ALSO allied themselves with the Orcs.

Plenty of founding for some awesome conflict off of that.
    I could very well see Turalyon coming back being a hero, which he rightfully is...but it has to be done right.

Given how long he's been gone, the conflicts that have occurred and the politics washing over ALL of Azeroth, he won't be coming home to something pretty. Not to mention what trials he's been through, what changes he's gone under. Plenty of scenarios to portray him under.

But with that I have a nagging feeling he'd end up as sort of a Garrosh 2.0. He comes back angry and disgusted with the changes and goes, "RAWR! Horde bad!! Kill all greenskins!" and we'd have the same story with a different face. OR he's been warped by what he's been through, maybe even tasting a bit of Legion propoganda: he's Sargeras' herald sent as a spy to weaken the stronger faction, etc etc. Which would usher in a new rebuilding of both factions, together under new leaders to spearhead against the Legion.

(i ramble a bit lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Yes, because MILLIONS of people, and not just ElvenArcher, call Pandaren "crapdaren" and Pandaria "crapdaria". Right.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but we do. It's a common reference by people who dislike them, it's been so ever since the name mists of pandaria got announced.

Marshes of Crapdaria was a long text semi parody on the official forums which got deleted eventually and the user banned, because the posters against pandaria in it were making too much sense over 30 pages, so blizzard in its personal type of typical freedom-of-speech kind of thing, decided to drop a nuke on it.

I don't call it that all the time, but when it really pisses me off I resort to calling it so. Same way people called Deathwing by Deathchin, Draenei by Space Goats etc. You don't hear it all the time but you do hear it. Difference between those and CRAPdaren is they aren't hated as much, not by a long shot.

It wouldn't surprise me if this Elvenarcher is the actual guy/girl who made the official post on the forums, I haven't seen him there in a long while.
    Last edited by KungFuFanta; 2013-09-02 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post
    I come from the Net.
    My format? I have no format.. I am a renegade, lost in the net.

Reboot!
    Signature in progress...

Quote Originally Posted by BukkaKid View Post
    I could very well see Turalyon coming back being a hero, which he rightfully is...but it has to be done right.

Given how long he's been gone, the conflicts that have occurred and the politics washing over ALL of Azeroth, he won't be coming home to something pretty. Not to mention what trials he's been through, what changes he's gone under. Plenty of scenarios to portray him under.

But with that I have a nagging feeling he'd end up as sort of a Garrosh 2.0. He comes back angry and disgusted with the changes and goes, "RAWR! Horde bad!! Kill all greenskins!" and we'd have the same story with a different face. OR he's been warped by what he's been through, maybe even tasting a bit of Legion propoganda: he's Sargeras' herald sent as a spy to weaken the stronger faction, etc etc. Which would usher in a new rebuilding of both factions, together under new leaders to spearhead against the Legion.

(i ramble a bit lol)
    Metzen said "for what's coming next, you'll need their help" (or something similar) regarding Turalyon and Alleria, so they're not coming back as villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Metzen said "for what's coming next, you'll need their help" (or something similar) regarding Turalyon and Alleria, so they're not coming back as villains.
    They also told us in cataclysm, we were gonna like Garrosh, he was gonna shape up to be a good leader.

Do you see where I'm goin' with this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BukkaKid View Post

But with that I have a nagging feeling he'd end up as sort of a Garrosh 2.0. He comes back angry and disgusted with the changes and goes, "RAWR! Horde bad!! Kill all greenskins!" and we'd have the same story with a different face.
    The Alliance needs someone like that. Not just another "let's all get along!" leader that just sits by and lets the Horde do whatever they want.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    The Alliance needs someone like that. Not just another "let's all get along!" leader that just sits by and lets the Horde do whatever they want.
    Didn't they try that with Varian at first and everyone bitched about it?

Quote Originally Posted by angryplateguy View Post
    They also told us in cataclysm, we were gonna like Garrosh, he was gonna shape up to be a good leader.

Do you see where I'm goin' with this?
    Which they tried to do, and failed. So no, I don't really see where you're going with this.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Varian was supposed to become this badass Conan the Barbarian King kinda character... but people seemed not to like it.

I think the Night Elves might start throwing a fit soon though after a 'High King' is crowned. Tyrande is finally acting like her old WC3 self again and seems pretty 'racist' towards humans.

Overall though the Alliance playerbase doesn't seem to appreciate 'badass' characters. I think, due to WoW, many alliance players have started to see the Alliance as some kind of peaceful, do-no-evil, noble faction. So anything that isn't a priest, paladin or nice girl isn't going to be well received.
    Sure we do. Imagine my disappointment when I thought I was rolling a badass character like this:

But instead, got this:

Varian was supposed to become this badass Conan the Barbarian King kinda character... but people seemed not to like it.

I think the Night Elves might start throwing a fit soon though after a 'High King' is crowned. Tyrande is finally acting like her old WC3 self again and seems pretty 'racist' towards humans.

Overall though the Alliance playerbase doesn't seem to appreciate 'badass' characters. I think, due to WoW, many alliance players have started to see the Alliance as some kind of peaceful, do-no-evil, noble faction. So anything that isn't a priest, paladin or nice girl isn't going to be well received.
    The game is called World of Warcraft. I say ignore what people "appreciate" for the sake of the game's name.

I can't speak for others, but I didn't care for Varian because he was very exactly Conan, but without any of the backstory that makes Conan a good character. Conan wasn't an epic all powerful Cimerian, he was a normal Cimerian who came to civilization where everyone was made weak and stupid by living soft lives. Whenever he boasts it isn't personal, but for his entire race of people. Conan is more like a Vrykul who wandered down to Stormwind but couldn't be rousted due to cunning and strength where as Varian was a king who had a training montage in a comic book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance has already had the most badass can-of-whoopass-carrying character since BC...

i love Millhouse

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahFrigginBlah View Post
    Alliance has already had the most badass can-of-whoopass-carrying character since BC...

i love Millhouse
    And - again - just because it's an alliance race doesn't make it an alliance character.

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    And - again - just because it's an alliance race doesn't make it an alliance character.
    People seem to be incapable of differentiating the two. Like they keep saying "Bring Illidan back to the Alliance!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    Didn't they try that with Varian at first and everyone bitched about it?
    Turalyon would be a good foil for "do right" Varian.

Anyway, it's worth noting that Blizzard said in an interview that came out right around the time that MoP came out that Turalyon and Alleria would be showing up in the expansion after it.

They'd have to do a pretty massive "change of plans" to somehow "nudge" two extremely lore-important characters out of the flow of things, especially because we know that Blizzard works on multiple expansions at once.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make a gnome bad ass - give him a mecha. Simple.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Tyrande can fill the role fine if she didn't have male chauvinists writing her character during major developmental scenes. Shandris is always badass.
    THIS, a hundred times. What was once a fury of the nature incarnate, became:

stage [a]: a forgettable N-elven priestess with a catchy name (this is the impression I got from WoW while having virtually no knowledge about Warcraft games beforehand)

stage [b]: a zero-lore zero-interaction raidable N-elven priestess with a unique model

stage [c]: a clearly lobotomized, with incompetence rivaling that of Spearmarshall Kormir herself [sans the personality and badass-ness!], barely present arm-candy of her OMG!-divinely powerful! man-god of a husbando.

WHY

Why Therazane and Magatha Grimtotem have to be the only well-written female characters in WoW's universe? ? ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    Sure we do. Imagine my disappointment when I thought I was rolling a badass character like this:

But instead, got this:

I have played horde since beginning and mostly consider alliance a boring goody two-shoes faction but even i am pissed of the portrayal of Night elfs.

When i first encountered nelfs back in wc3 i was amazed. Blizz had really set a new base for how elves can be described. Elves have usually been depicted as pale skinned and lean bodied and shorter than humans. But night elves on the other hand, muscular, taller than humans, somewhat barbaric.

These guys should be the badasses of alliance. Thousands of years old warrior race. Instead they ended up being humans bitches.