Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Don't really understand why people always seem to like Feline Swiftness in the tier 1 for talents. Displacer Beast seems better to me in literally every situation. 15% movespeed just isn't enough to warrant losing an absurdly good mobility skill.

Other than that it's a pretty good guide. Can't think of a single situation where I'd use Cenarion Ward or Nature's Vigil though, both skills are pretty mediocre at best. Can't think of a good fight for Incarnation either after you get them all on farm, Druids just don't really need another CD like that. But good information in the guide nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Don't really understand why people always seem to like Feline Swiftness in the tier 1 for talents. Displacer Beast seems better to me in literally every situation. 15% movespeed just isn't enough to warrant losing an absurdly good mobility skill.

Other than that it's a pretty good guide. Can't think of a single situation where I'd use Cenarion Ward or Nature's Vigil though, both skills are pretty mediocre at best. Can't think of a good fight for Incarnation either after you get them all on farm, Druids just don't really need another CD like that. But good information in the guide nonetheless.
    Many people share your opinions on those things. I guess my goal (eventually) with this guide is to try to have everyone's opinion (given it has logical reason behind it and could be defended in a debate) in the guide with as much actual fact about everything as possible, and then let the reader decide what they feel is the best fit for them. So I'll go back as soon as I get time and try to edit the things you've said in, to make sure all different points of view can get a say in the guide. I do my best to stay as unbiased as possible, I hope it's at least showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post

Feline's Swiftness is nice considering there's nothing special you have to do for it. But yeah, Displacer is definitely better for Horridon Charge/Iron Qon tornadoes. I'll probably play around with Cenarion Ward again when 5.4 goes live just to see if it's worth using over the passive Ysera's Gift but considering it consumes a GCD I doubt I'll enjoy it much. Nature's Vigil was actually very powerful for Heroic Tsulong but if you screwed up the timing then it was worse than Heart of the Wild. Would rather have NV be moved down to the YG/CW/NS tier (perhaps have the 10% bonus damage portion removed to keep it a healing tier but otherwise remain the same) and just have a new level 90 talent added.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Feline's Swiftness is nice considering there's nothing special you have to do for it. But yeah, Displacer is definitely better for Horridon Charge/Iron Qon tornadoes. I'll probably play around with Cenarion Ward again when 5.4 goes live just to see if it's worth using over the passive Ysera's Gift but considering it consumes a GCD I doubt I'll enjoy it much. Nature's Vigil was actually very powerful for Heroic Tsulong but if you screwed up the timing then it was worse than Heart of the Wild. Would rather have NV be moved down to the YG/CW/NS tier (perhaps have the 10% bonus damage portion removed to keep it a healing tier but otherwise remain the same) and just have a new level 90 talent added.
    Come 5.4 EVERYONE with a brain will be using nature's vigil. It is amazing (on the off day it's working on the PTR).

Displacer is better. Always. The only time i would consider not using it is Durumu for running the maze. But it's better to blink through icewalls, out of the beams to drop purple puddles, and just over all better. Jinrok you blink out when you get orb, horridon charge, council to get out of the raid when you have bitting cold (the none group up one), tortos to dodge shells (arguable that Feline's Swiftness may be nicer, but blinking down from a knock up is awesome), megera to drop cinders or run from ice torrent, JiKun to survive the knock back (or if your super pro to dodge kaw), Dark Animus to blink back to the raid from matter swap, Twins to get to a meteor for nuclear inferno, Lee Shen for helm of command and thunderstruck, Raden to stack back up from vita.

Burst movement is amazing. Passive movement is okay, but not as good. You rarely are running 24/7 during a fight.

Amen to the displacer comments, I was late to the party in picking it up, it wasn't until Lei Shen heroic that I took it and I honestly don't know why I was so stupid to have not tried it before. I don't bother respeccing on durumu but that probably isn't a bad shout if you are progressing there , you can still blink in the maze but you have to be pretty sure you are not going to end up in hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Checksmix View Post
    Come 5.4 EVERYONE with a brain will be using nature's vigil. It is amazing (on the off day it's working on the PTR).
    Does the healing to damage part of NV proc from trinket heals? Otherwise I'm not seeing how it's any different from live.

Edit: I mean HotW was sort of nerfed for Resto in that using it for the damage component instead of healing could be frowned upon but it doesn't look like anything chances for NV.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2013-07-29 at 04:17 PM.

Does the healing to damage part of NV proc from trinket heals? Otherwise I'm not seeing how it's any different from live.

Edit: I mean HotW was sort of nerfed for Resto in that using it for the damage component instead of healing could be frowned upon but it doesn't look like anything chances for NV.
    What changes for NV is that right now, doing damage does healing, and doing healing does damage. 5.4, doing damage will do healing, and doing healing will do damage AND healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoroc View Post
    What changes for NV is that right now, doing damage does healing, and doing healing does damage. 5.4, doing damage will do healing, and doing healing will do damage AND healing.
    Ah, missed that part.

I don't know how that's a nurf... it's a giant buff. Instead of a useless damage CD you probably don't use since your a healer you get a fantastic healing CD. Sadly has too long of a CD to be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Checksmix View Post
    I don't know how that's a nurf... it's a giant buff. Instead of a useless damage CD you probably don't use since your a healer you get a fantastic healing CD. Sadly has too long of a CD to be amazing.
    It's a nerf in the sense that you no longer use the talent for its intended purpose; extra raid damage in a low damage taken situation. Can't comment on PTR fights yet but for ToT it gives us something to do during lulls in Jinrohk, Horridon, Durumu, Primordius and Twin Consorts heroics.

But yeah, I agree with you that the change to Nature's Vigil will make it the go-to talent choice; HotW's cd is too long to be worth anything unless there's a single extremely high damage 30-45 second phase (this would have been amazing for Sinestra) and DoC is mostly something to joke with on LFR and Flex unless Wrath's mana cost returns back to what it is on live.

Edit: Should add Council to that list as well; other than Frostbite there's really nothing to heal until the second empowered boss.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2013-07-31 at 01:27 PM.

On live, NV ups healing done by 10%. In 5.4 it will up healing done by 10% and cause single target spells to smart heal for 25% of the healing they do, IIRC.

That table of haste breakpoints has been out of date for SotF for a long time, but they're changing SotF again in two weeks so I don't know if you want to bother updating it now.

http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=41

It's come to my attention that you this guide is still recommending FoN and Incarnation over SoTF. I highly suggest you remove that part and recommend SoTF over both. It's higher throughput bottom line. If you want proof here is list of all the top performing resto druids in the US and EU, all using it (Tigerlady does use it, idk why she doesn't have it currently). It's just better and requires a slight change in play style.
    Last edited by Checksmix; 2013-08-16 at 03:36 AM.

Ok, I'll be updating everything soon, when I get off work. Thank you checksmix for noticing that on SotF, I'll fix that as well.

Just an unknowing warlock popping in - but for raid group with a large amount of druids (4-5), will it be a good strategy to have them all spec into Ysera's Gift and have them be topped off all the time for progression? Or is the value of 5% pr 5 sec x 5 too low to warrant it?
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

10+ Year Old Account
    As an FYI, I have updated my gear guide that is linked in this guide for 5.4.
    Last edited by Juvenate; 2013-08-22 at 09:37 PM.
    I blog about Resto Druid stuff at WTS Heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    Just an unknowing warlock popping in - but for raid group with a large amount of druids (4-5), will it be a good strategy to have them all spec into Ysera's Gift and have them be topped off all the time for progression? Or is the value of 5% pr 5 sec x 5 too low to warrant it?
    Resto druids should spec it hands down. Free's up time to use other spells and is good passive healing.

Tank druids may still want CW or renewal, but YG is still great raid healing for them and passive self healing.

Balance and feral druids want renewal, it's a self heal CD that is always useful for them. Resto's can get away with out it because we can save NS for ourself or use the 2pc.

On farm everyone can spec into it, as it's going to be the thoughtless talent.

There been a 5.4 BiS list posted for Resto yet? Think I've got my 4-set (either Helm+Shoulder+Chest+Pant or Shoulder+Chest+Gloves+Pants) and off piece decided on but just curious what others have to say.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2013-09-02 at 03:40 PM.

The claim that Symbiosis Cleanse "Only dispels Disease and Poison. Almost completely useless." isn't really true, as it's also on a separate cooldown from Nature's Cure. It allows you to dispel diseases (which you couldn't normally do) and it allows you to dispel two people from poison. Both of those are useful on Horridon (heroic especially) and makes druids the only healers who can dispel on all four doors. The spell is situational, but it's great on any fight with poison or disease.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    The claim that Symbiosis Cleanse "Only dispels Disease and Poison. Almost completely useless." isn't really true, as it's also on a separate cooldown from Nature's Cure. It allows you to dispel diseases (which you couldn't normally do) and it allows you to dispel two people from poison. Both of those are useful on Horridon (heroic especially) and makes druids the only healers who can dispel on all four doors. The spell is situational, but it's great on any fight with poison or disease.
    He says almost useless. That's one instance where I take cleanse, and even then if you are getting poisons on door 2, you need more/better interrupts. On door 3, I rarely cleanse because we have a monk and two paladins. I'm there in case shit hits the fan, and I don't really need SWG. So it is almost useless. One fight out of 13 isn't really amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.