Thread: Tinker Class

Page 10 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hmm Teriz isn't responding to my posts...LOL (In Before Teriz saying that he is ignoring them because they have no merit - aka cop out)

Tinker is a fine addition to the game, I think DH is too. Hell add them all I say (well as makes sense and balanced etc). Thing is, if it is fun, I don't care I just want to have fun and play. In my opinion if it makes Blizz money and is fun...GO FOR IT!

You know I was thinking, DK and Warrior sure overlap. They each have a tanking spec, and two dps specs. They both wear plate and use STR as their main stat. They can both dual wield and use big two-handers. They clearly fill the same game roles, and use much of the same gear. However they are also very different, though the only real tangible difference is different resource systems used (Rage vs Runes/Runic Power). That allows them to "play differently", however the other changes revolve around the lore and general "feeling" that is conveyed to the player within each class.

You slightly varied but similar arguments with other classes in WoW. It all depends on where you draw the line. Regardless the more I think about it, in my opinion the design space issue becomes less and less of a concern. Essentially given the right tools and content, Blizzard can make anything work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You said its not logical for Monks to wear leather. I was merely showing you that it is, since Monks in the real world have worn leather, and Monks in WoW are partially based on real-world Monks.
    No. Real world monks do not drink beer and throw kegs.

Again, the logic holds in this case.
    logic is something you do not use. zealotry holds its case

They have never added a new class to address a stat issue.
    Monks say hi

You're talking nonsense.
    No sir your mixing us up again

Looks like that one went over your heard.

nope I was debunking the bullshit you been spewing

Where did I say that? I said they add something for races and classes in each expansion.
    I know what you said

Something that Blizzard doesn't seem to care about. If they do, they'll just switch INT Plate to STR, and give a conversion of some type to Holy Paladins.

Tell me more about how you know what blizzard cares about and what they are going do. Also give me tomorrows winning lottery numbers while your at it.

Wrong. There are 3 INT leather specs and 7 AGI leather specs. Your argument simply doesn't work.
    prior there was 1 class that used int leather, it would make more sense lore wise for monks to wear cloth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kensim View Post
    Hmm Teriz isn't responding to my posts...LOL (In Before Teriz saying that he is ignoring them because they have no merit - aka cop out)

Tinker is a fine addition to the game, I think DH is too. Hell add them all I say (well as makes sense and balanced etc). Thing is, if it is fun, I don't care I just want to have fun and play. In my opinion if it makes Blizz money and is fun...GO FOR IT!

You know I was thinking, DK and Warrior sure overlap. They each have a tanking spec, and two dps specs. They both wear plate and use STR as their main stat. They can both dual wield and use big two-handers. They clearly fill the same game roles, and use much of the same gear. However they are also very different, though the only real tangible difference is different resource systems used (Rage vs Runes/Runic Power). That allows them to "play differently", however the other changes revolve around the lore and general "feeling" that is conveyed to the player within each class.

You slightly varied but similar arguments with other classes in WoW. It all depends on where you draw the line. Regardless the more I think about it, in my opinion the design space issue becomes less and less of a concern. Essentially given the right tools and content, Blizzard can make anything work.
    he loves to cherry pick and ignore any post that debunks his bullshit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    No. Real world monks do not drink beer and throw kegs.
    You never heard of Drunken style Kung fu?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zui_Quan

logic is something you do not use. zealotry holds its case
    Sticks and stones...

Monks say hi
    Monks were added for the leather slot, for the third full hybrid slot, and for the Pandaria expansion. As I showed in the previous post, the stat imbalance still exists within leather armor.

In other words, you have no clue what you're talking about.

nope I was debunking the bullshit you been spewing
    So Blizzard adding class and race features in every expansion is BS? Please explain.

Tell me more about how you know what blizzard cares about and what they are going do. Also give me tomorrows winning lottery numbers while your at it.
    Common sense. Try it sometime.

prior there was 1 class that used int leather, it would make more sense lore wise for monks to wear cloth.
    However, since there are already 3 cloth classes, it makes more sense in WoW to make Monks the third leather class instead.

Which is also why we can predict that the next class will wear mail armor, because every other armor slot is at three classes, while mail is at two.

It's really not that hard.

Because there's so much agility cloth in the game for Monks to use.

Teriz where are the rest of your tinkerbells to defend you? Probably realized you're spewing shit from your mouth and gave up on you after you told them any ideas for a tinker class were wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

10+ Year Old Account
    You never heard of Drunken style Kung fu?
    You mean Zui Quan? has little to do monks in wow drinking beer and tossing kegs

Sticks and stones...
    Don't make it less true. Also its funny how you cherry pick ignoring kensim's post

Monks were added for the leather slot, for the third full hybrid slot, and for the Pandaria expansion. As I showed in the previous post, the stat imbalance still exists within leather armor.
    whatever you say

In other words, you have no clue what you're talking about.
    kinda like you and all your post about how tinkers?

So Blizzard adding class and race features in every expansion is BS? How did you reach that ridiculous conclusion?

Wosh it goes over your head

Common sense. Try it sometime.
    coming from you? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Seriously you have no clue what blizzard is going to do, none of us do

However, since there are already 3 cloth classes, it makes more sense in WoW to make Monks the third leather class instead.
    makes sense to not just to have 1 class be able int leather

Which is also why we can predict that the next class will wear mail armor, because every other armor slit is at three classes, while mail is at two.
    One again int plate is used by 1 spec/class it would make more sense to address that. Further more no one could predict dks or monks before they were announced

It's really not that hard.
    sure if you ignore all fact, claim your opinion is fact than cherry pick and ignore any counter argument

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Because there's so much agility cloth in the game for Monks to use.
    They could have very easily used spirit cloth

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Teriz where are the rest of your tinkerbells to defend you? Probably realized you're spewing shit from your mouth and gave up on you after you told them any ideas for a tinker class were wrong.
    If they ever added a tinker class to wow I am sure he would tell blizzard their ideas were wrong for the tinker class

They could have very easily used spirit cloth
    Eh, possibly. I have a feeling cloth tanks are something Blizzard has nightmares about, though, like dual-wielding Blood tanks.

Tinker+Alchemist from War3 TFT have a lot of unused potential to be fused into a single class.

Check out my signature below for some basic ideas:

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Tinker+Alchemist from War3 TFT have a lot of unused potential to be fused into a single class.

Check out my signature below for some basic ideas:
    Its in your sig? Fanboy alert. Your opinion no longer matters

A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

Nah, that'd be way too much work and way too much effort for a class that wouldn't be that popular. Chances of getting any new classes with the next expansion are little to none. Blizzard has stated many times they want to try to release a new class every other expansion. Since we just got the Monk, we shouldn't be getting another class for at least one expansion (though I won't complain if we do).

Personally I would love to see a Battlemage, mail armor, mixing melee with magic. Wouldn't mind seeing a version of Rift's Harbinger Mage soul.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Next to none, IMO.

Alchemist really isn't a tech class. Its a potion class. Coverted by both the profession and the Warlock class,
    And the tinker class from TFT is too silly. Too whimsical.

Neither, IMO, is really suitable for a player class based on a tech archetype.

If you do want to check out the various roles:

Melee: Steampunk based - robots and mecha. Power armor. The Steam Warrior. DPS or Mech focus.
    Ranged DPS: The Gunman. Guns, grenades, traps, gadgets and gizmos
    Spell based Ranged DPS: Technomancer. Fusion of magic and technology.
    Healing: Combat Medic. Tech based - not alchemy based.

I don't think there will be much benefit to mix themes.

Personally, I'd give the Tinker a Ranged Physical DPS spec - rifle based, no bows - as well as a Tanking spec - steampunk based, possibly with a mecha/power armor slant. If a third role was necessary, I'd be tempted to give it a healing spec, but one that does without the Alchemist crossover. Failing that, a mid range DPS option based on pistols might be an option.

Quote Originally Posted by nekai View Post
    Personally I would love to see a Battlemage, mail armor, mixing melee with magic. Wouldn't mind seeing a version of Rift's Harbinger Mage soul.
    Mail armor? You're essentially looking at a Shaman.
    With the more typical plate armor look, its essentially a Shockadin.

The difference would lie in their school of magic

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    his pattern works like this.
    You sir, have made my night. I think you might want to work on sarcastic quotes though, it's so obvious that Teriz doesn't make that much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post

Mail armor? You're essentially looking at a Shaman.
    With the more typical plate armor look, its essentially a Shockadin.

The difference would lie in their school of magic

EJL
    http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zc0d0vltgurdrtddkGk">Harbinger (59)

Take a look at this, make sure to check both the tree and the roots. Throw in some nice passives like Titan's Grip and Bladestorm. That's more of what I'm talking about. Make 'em tanks too for fun.
    Last edited by Selah; 2013-09-03 at 08:02 AM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nekai View Post
    http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zc0d0vltgurdrtddkGk">Harbinger (59)

Take a look at this, make sure to check both the tree and the roots. Throw in some nice passives like Titan's Grip and Bladestorm. That's more of what I'm talking about. Make 'em tanks too for fun.
    Still ends up being a Shaman/Paladin with a few flashy moves. You want a Battlemage? A mana using, plate wearing class who uses 1H and 2H weapons and mixes magic and melee? Its a Paladin. Give him mail armor? He's a shaman.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Its in your sig? Fanboy alert. Your opinion no longer matters
    I'm getting realy sick of ppl putting other ppl down in this thread. Ppl have a different opinion than you. Build a bridge and get over it.

Most of what Teriz says makes sense. Others posted opinions to the contrary so he came up with circumstantial evidence to support his view. Nothing wrong with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean Zui Quan? has little to do monks in wow drinking beer and tossing kegs
    So you're saying that a style of martial arts based on elusive, drunken movement has little to do with WoWs Monk class doing a martial art that performs elusive, drunken movements?

Further more no one could predict dks or monks before they were announced
    I did.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ea-Runemasters!

I even predicted melee healing.

sure if you ignore all fact, claim your opinion is fact than cherry pick and ignore any counter argument
    The fact is that by WotLK we had 3 cloth, 2 plate, 2 leather, and 2 mail. DKs got plate, and Monks got leather.

Now what do you think the last armor slot will be?

Also classes can logically fit into the game that can wear agi/int mail armor?

Again, its not that hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    There has been NOTHING from Blizzard in any way or form to suggest a tinker class. When it was brought up recently it was acknowledged, but kind of dismissed for the moment.

The tinker is a steampunk dream for a vocal few, I personally don't believe it will ever find it's way into WoW. It's just way too niche-y, it screams goblin. And frankly even for WoW it's a bit too steampunky, at least for my taste. I certainly do not want a player next to me in a future raid having steam and metal clanging sound effects going on, that annoyed all of us enough in Gnomeregan.

Then again the monk is a class that screams Pandaren, so meh.

There are two reasons you won't see it anytime soon imo: one, there won't be a new class in the coming expansion, i'm darn sure of it. And two, when they introduce another class it will be something that appeals to more people. Both DK and Monk are concepts that immediately connect with people and pose a viable argument for buying the expac. The Tinker...not so much. Think more along the lines of the often speculated and "creamed-my-pants-thinking-about-this" topic of teenage threads: The Demon Hunter.

Most people on these forums just keep harping on about the Tinker because he's one of the few class concepts left from the original Warcraft games that hasn't been exploited as a class in WoW yet, and since Monk was last they jump to this. I still think it's very very unlikely. And I personally wouldn't want that class either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginantonicus View Post
    I'm getting realy sick of ppl putting other ppl down in this thread. Ppl have a different opinion than you. Build a bridge and get over it.
    Most of what Teriz says makes sense. Others posted opinions to the contrary so he came up with circumstantial evidence to support his view. Nothing wrong with that.
    I have no idea how Teriz can be arsed to even read what the numerous trolls are posting, let alone reply to them.

Even worse is that there are so many insults and demeaning attitudes towards other posters - just liking the idea of a Tinker or Alchemist class immediately results in an unbelievably high amount of taunts and various vulgarities...

You can like the ideas or dislike the ideas or even just not care about the ideas - but why are there so many trolls that are constantly posting more and more senseless replies that contain nothing but demeaning words...

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you read these forums? The majority can't get a point across for the life of them, it's like condensed trade chat at times.

I think it's fun talking about the Tinker class, definitely don't see it happening though and I personally don't want it either.

I have no idea how Teriz can be arsed to even read what the numerous trolls are posting, let alone reply to them.

Even worse is that there are so many insults and demeaning attitudes towards other posters - just liking the idea of a Tinker or Alchemist class immediately results in an unbelievably high amount of taunts and various vulgarities...

You can like the ideas or dislike the ideas or even just not care about the ideas - but why are there so many trolls that are constantly posting more and more senseless replies that contain nothing but demeaning words...
    Because you tinkerbells never shut up. And the forums as a whole are annoyed.