Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    I wish.

But i've lost faith.

It smells fishy. 1 week from 5.4 and we still know nothing.

Like Jon Snow
    Theres a ton of information on it, what did you want to know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Well, if they ll merge PVP and non pvp realm, if they gonna fix faction balance as close as a pure 50/50. How Roleplay realm ll be merged. Is it a new AH that remplace the old one or it's a new one where you have to pay a big fee and the old one remain. What's the schedule for release, what are the realm concerned. How it ll work for glad title and bracket and the new arena stuff. Is AH coming at the same time, and is TSM useless now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerousBacon View Post
    I think it's gonna roll out as quickly as CRZ did and that you should maybe calm down a little.
    Haha... that joke made my day...
    PS: noticed how many EU servers have problems since end of August - guess why? expect vr not before 6.0....
    Last edited by mmoc25fb373f9a; 2013-09-03 at 01:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if they ll merge PVP and non pvp realm, if they gonna fix faction balance as close as a pure 50/50. How Roleplay realm ll be merged. Is it a new AH that remplace the old one or it's a new one where you have to pay a big fee and the old one remain. What's the schedule for release, what are the realm concerned. How it ll work for glad title and bracket and the new arena stuff. Is AH coming at the same time, and is TSM useless now?
    All of this has already been answered.

- They will only merge like realms. PvE -> PvE but not PvP -> PvE.
    - Yes, the whole point is to try and fix faction balance and population, so a high pop horde favoured realm will be merged with a low pop alliance favoured. They are not limited to connecting 2 realms, it could go to 3, 4 and so on as needed.
    - Why would they change the AH? What benefit would there be? Why on earth would that even be a considertion.
    - Schedule has been announced for some point after 5.4 launch but before the next expansion. Some realms will get it sooner than other. Realms affected? All of them.
    - That still goes within the current battlegroups.
    - They aren't going to release only sections of a merged realm, that would be stupid. It's all or nothing, you can't build a bridge and then say you can't actually cross it, just look at each other over it. How stupid would that be.
    - Who cares, it's an addon.

All of this ifnormation is readily available to anyone who even googles this, and I'm pretty sure it's been posted on this thread. There is LOADS of information out there, people just focus on 1 or 2 small undecided issues like who gets it first and says "omg we know nothing"...
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Is "Connected Realms" in actual fact them merging servers. So you never log into Hellfire, Nagrand, and Terrokar-EU again, you log into a nameless server that has everyone who was on Hellfire, Terrokar, and Nagrand on it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    They've stated it won't be live patch day, but it be rolling out following the patch.
    Never said it wouldn't be, they said they didn't think it would.

I'm saying it won't for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Is "Connected Realms" in actual fact them merging servers. So you never log into Hellfire, Nagrand, and Terrokar-EU again, you log into a nameless server that has everyone who was on Hellfire, Terrokar, and Nagrand on it?
    You'll still log onto your old server. But in-game it'll be as if the servers were merged. You'll see players from those servers around all the time, in every zone and city, and can group/trade/guild with them at will.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

You'll still log onto your old server. But in-game it'll be as if the servers were merged. You'll see players from those servers around all the time, in every zone and city, and can group/trade/guild with them at will.
    Everything people have described in this thread is "merging servers" where the only cosmetic differences between (in the example I used) Terrokar Hellfire and Nagrand will be the log in screen, but in actual fact we'll all be logging into a server composed of all the people from those three realms.

So a straight "Yes" would be great.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello Anus. No it is not, they want to keep server identity so whilst you can interact and recruit from those other realms and share character names and the like, they will have the " - Nagrand" next to their name like they do in Battlegrounds, and a # to show it is a permanent connected realm. The * will remain for CRZ for servers you aren't connected to at all times.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    I smell something fishy with that new feature.

We dont really know how it works, well tbh we know nothing not even which realm are connected to because they still are deciding stuff.

Would you be upset if this feature only come by next year ?

I'm asking the question because well, that char model revamp stuck at 25% and beeing worked on since TBC....well you know...

In my opinion connected realm is plain bullshit to keep player hoping in something good and not to insub. (-1M next Q?)

Im affraid it wont happen before 2014.

Wot du you tink?
    How tight is your tin foil hat today?

Its been on the PTR since the start of this patch cycle.

There has been a blue post explaining what it is and how it will work and that they will start rolling it out soon after 5.4 release.

What more do you want from them?

If your expecting one week after 5.4 for all realms to be merged and for there to be perfect 50/50 faction balance you are going to be EXTREMELY disappointed.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All of this has been answered, so stop making up stupid questions, They said AH will merge, why would that suddenly mean "with a huge fee" No, stop being silly, read the thread and be done with it, People have given you the answers more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Hello Anus. No it is not, they want to keep server identity so whilst you can interact and recruit from those other realms and share character names and the like, they will have the " - Nagrand" next to their name like they do in Battlegrounds, and a # to show it is a permanent connected realm. The * will remain for CRZ for servers you aren't connected to at all times.
    But server identity will actually mean nothing because you won't be able to log into your server anymore without getting pushed into this merged server right? How do they expect server identity to mean anything if there isn't any way to access the servers uniquely. It won't matter if you have -Terrokar, or -Nagrand after your name, you will all be in the same boat. Or are the merged servers going to be fluid and constantly changing, and if that is the case, whats the deal with joining guilds? Does that transfer your toon?

If these so called "connected realms" are a permanent function; then what we have are merged servers with some obsolete log in screens and obsolete tags after peoples names, right?

Am I missing something here, because, again, people are describing what I am describing but using different language, and saying that its different.

I smell something fishy with that new feature.

We dont really know how it works, well tbh we know nothing not even which realm are connected to because they still are deciding stuff.

Would you be upset if this feature only come by next year ?

I'm asking the question because well, that char model revamp stuck at 25% and beeing worked on since TBC....well you know...

In my opinion connected realm is plain bullshit to keep player hoping in something good and not to insub. (-1M next Q?)

Im affraid it wont happen before 2014.

Wot du you tink?
    I think you need to learn to spell and read. The only major thing they haven't set in stone is which realms we already know most other details.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm by battlegroup is not a bad idea, but do you mean every realm from the same battlegroup are going to be merged or just some of them ? and how?.

I've read that THEY ll try to fix faction balance with this awesome feature wich means h and ally ll get roughtly 50/50. Is this true? No more ally ganking?

I've also read somewhere that they wont merge PVP and PVE realm together, cant find the sauce tho. What about .Roleplay Realm And Normal one?

You guys have faith thinking it ll come before october.

Maybe they ll test it in Octover with 5-6 realm then extend it by the end of the year.....at the best.

I still believe we wont see a crossed AH before 2014 on every group.
    All of your questions aside from from "what realms will connect and when it will happen" have been answered in this tread AND by blues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HashtagCry View Post
    I dare say this guy is trolling, but yeah Connected Realms is already on the PTR so..
    Agreed. 10 char

- - - Updated - - -

You must not be able to read or just be a massive tire eating troll.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    But server identity will actually mean nothing because you won't be able to log into your server anymore without getting pushed into this merged server right? How do they expect server identity to mean anything if there isn't any way to access the servers uniquely. It won't matter if you have -Terrokar, or -Nagrand after your name, you will all be in the same boat. Or are the merged servers going to be fluid and constantly changing, and if that is the case, whats the deal with joining guilds? Does that transfer your toon?

If these so called "connected realms" are a permanent function; then what we have are merged servers with some obsolete log in screens and obsolete tags after peoples names, right?

Am I missing something here, because, again, people are describing what I am describing but using different language, and saying that its different.
    Yep, basically "server identity" as we know is out the window, yes these changes are permanent meaning that new co-joined server you log into isn't your old server with lot's of new visitors or guests but your brand new server, but seeing as how my present server identity is so dead that no World boss has been killed on it since April I'll be glad to more than glad to exchange that "server identity" for a brand new one.
    All this information is out there. It's happening. All we don't know is what specific realms will be stitched together.

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Yep, basically "server identity" as we know is out the window, yes these changes are permanent meaning that new co-joined server you log into isn't your old server with lot's of new visitors or guests but your brand new server, but seeing as how my present server identity is so dead that no World boss has been killed on it since April I'll be glad to more than glad to exchange that "server identity" for a brand new one.
    All this information is out there. It's happening. All we don't know is what specific realms will be stitched together.
    Oh don't get me wrong I've no problem with it happening and I'm not that fussed for Hellfires reputation either. I just find it weird how everyone is using a really REALLY roundabout way of describing merged servers. To the point where you say "Are these gonna just be merged servers and your old server will be a cosmetic thing" and people say "No.... blahblahblah".

So. Finally. After years of being asked for it and probably about 3 years too late to fix anything, Blizzard are finally merging the servers.

Really you want a feature which could potentially be bugged to be released close to patch day so you struggle to raid? Give it time.

Deleted
    Can we expect all realms to be merged in some way? I´m playing on a Full realm will it get merged with a low pop? realm?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltha89 View Post
    Can we expect all realms to be merged in some way? I´m playing on a Full realm will it get merged with a low pop? realm?
    Maybe, depends on faction balance. I highly highly doubt your full realm is 50:50 split. Something like Illidan US is the big one isn't it? That's heavily horde dominated. That would get merged with a low pop alliance favoured.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Maybe, depends on faction balance. I highly highly doubt your full realm is 50:50 split. Something like Illidan US is the big one isn't it? That's heavily horde dominated. That would get merged with a low pop alliance favoured.
    I´m on Frostmane EU its completely ally dominated :P

10+ Year Old Account
    No, in fact blues have stated numerous times that the connected realms will
    - NOT be assigned or intended to balance out faction population
    - NOT intended for high pop realms
    - ONLY intended for low pop realms, and the details are yet to be revealed as they go along

Blizzard's WoW Development is still working on the list of realms they want to merge. They don't want any realms to get the short-end of this stick, so they have to look at a lot of information. Looking at today's information isn't, alone, going to give them the results they want, so they probably are having to go through a list of realm population trends in the past, such as on patch release dates and expansion release dates.

They plan on slowly turning this on for a bit of realms at a time, similar to CRZ, as the 2nd post in this thread said.