Thread: Tinker Class

Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Drunken Masters don't actually fight drunk, they fight LIKE they're drunk. The premise of the style is deception and erratic movement. They don't get loaded on Whiskey and start throwing beer kegs at people.

Jesus Christ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    So because Monks have some martial arts they are based off them? So Trolls are based off Jamaicans.
    Yes, Trolls are loosely based off of Caribbean people, just like Pandaren Martial arts is loosely based after Chinese martial arts, and Pandarens themselves are loosely based off of Chinese people.

By predicting Rune masters?
    Runemasters are monk-like arcane spellcaster and melee fighters who empower themselves with magical energies by inscribing runes onto their bodies.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Runemaster

Blizzard could easily make a class to fit in to using int plate.
    Then name one.

Wrong. there is really not a mail gap.
    3 Cloth, 3 Leather, 3 Plate, 2 Mail.

Mail armor gap.

Monks and Dks are hardly anything like what they were in WC3. So blizzard could easily put them in game. Also I am not looking up shit, You made the claim back it up...till than its just typical bullshit squirting out your mouth
    The WC3 heroes make up significant aspects of the hero classes. Unholy DKs are similar to WC3 DKs, and Brewmasters are similar to WC3 Brewmasters. Spellbreakers would need to have some resemblance to their WC3 roots. As would any WoW class.

I know what he said. He also said something similar about demon hunters, does that mean DH are coming in to the game? no. Does it mean Tinkers are going to be coming to the game? No.
    Saying that Tinkers are possible if they're implemented the right way is quite a bit different than saying that Demon Hunters have significant overlap problems with existing classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Saying that Tinkers are possible if they're implemented the right way is quite a bit different than saying that Demon Hunters have significant overlap problems with existing classes.
    That.
    Is.
    Not.
    What.
    He.
    Said.

Get it through your thick fucking skull that you cannot just put words into another person's mouth and wish it into truth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakiru View Post
    agi mail is used by 4 speccs
    int mail by 2
    and int plate by 1
    Agi leather was used by 5 specs. That didn't stop Blizzard from adding 2 more Agi leather specs in MoP.
    In loot terms, all specs that use the same gear on the same class only count as 1, which is what the tier sets are based on. A full breakdown would look like this:

hit cloth - 3 specs (mage ranged, lock ranged, priest ranged)
    int cloth - 4 specs (mage ranged, lock ranged, priest ranged, priest healer)
    spi cloth - 2 specs (priest ranged, priest healer)
    agi leather - 3 specs (rogue melee, druid tank/melee, monk tank/melee)
    int leather - 3 specs (druid ranged, druid healer, monk healer)
    agi mail - 2 specs (hunter ranged, shaman melee)
    int mail - 2 specs (shaman ranged, shaman healer)
    tank plate - 3 specs (warrior tank, paladin tank, DK tank)
    str plate - 3 specs (warrior melee, paladin melee, DK melee)
    int plate - 1 spec (paladin healer)

So yeah, int plate is still a niche market and cloth needs fixing but as you can see it's fairly well balanced for the most part. Adding another plate class would saturate the market for str/tank plate (as I doubt it would have only specs that used int) so it's clear that mail is the way to go for the new class. A tinker would easily be able to use agi mail for tank/dps specs just like druids/monks do with agi leather, and int mail for heals which balances the loot even more.
    Last edited by mmoc33659a5ac3; 2013-09-03 at 11:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    he did not say that

Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post
    In loot terms, all specs of the same type on the same class (priest healing specs, mage/lock/rogue/hunter dps specs) only count as 1. Going on what the tier sets are based on (which is really what should determine the tokens rather than class), a full breakdown would look like this:
    That is an incredibly disingenuous way of breaking it down. If a Brewmaster and a Windwalker compete against each other for the same gear, then they are competing against each other for the same gear, in addition to whatever other class specializations may roll.

Or, to put it another way, if a group has a Brewmaster and a Windwalker, and one of them wins the roll and the item in question, then the other does not.

Or, to put it yet another way, your method of counting takes into account only 22 specializations, when there are 34 competing for gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    3 Cloth, 3 Leather, 3 Plate, 2 Mail.

Mail armor gap.
    hit cloth - 7 specs (mage ranged, lock ranged, priest ranged)
    int cloth - 9 specs (mage ranged, lock ranged, priest ranged, priest healer)
    spi cloth - 3 specs (priest ranged, priest healer)
    agi leather - 7specs (rogue melee, druid tank/melee, monk tank/melee)
    agi mail - 4 specs (hunter ranged, shaman melee)
    str plate - 5 specs (warrior melee, paladin melee, DK melee)

- - - Updated - - -

predicted monks? sorry don't see rune masters in game after 2011

- - - Updated - - -

Then name one.
    Your beloved tinker, spellbreaker, bladesmaster, any fucking class blizzard decides to give int plate too
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-09-03 at 11:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    That is an incredibly disingenuous way of breaking it down. If a Brewmaster and a Windwalker compete against each other for the same gear, then they are competing against each other for the same gear, in addition to whatever other class specializations may roll.

Or, to put it another way, if a group has a Brewmaster and a Windwalker, and one of them wins the roll and the item in question, then the other does not.

Or, to put it yet another way, your method of counting takes into account only 22 specializations, when there are 34 competing for gear.
    Some of those specializations wear the same armor. Windwalker and Brewmaster for example.

The point is, you'd have to be pretty blind not to see that the next class is wearing INT/AGI mail armor. It's pretty obvious.

What's more, that armor type immediately disqualifies several class concepts. However, the Tinker fits it perfectly.

The Tinker also fits the final class type gap. There's 4 pure DPS classes. 4 hybrid classes, and 3 full hybrid classes.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Your beloved tinker, spellbreaker, bladesmaster, any fucking class blizzard decides to give int plate too

Sorry but leather agi specs should count as 5. Feral+Guardian = 2 different specs and so is Brewmaster and Windwalker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    Sorry but leather agi specs should count as 5. Feral+Guardian = 2 different specs and so is Brewmaster and Windwalker.
    Rogues have 3 specs, monks have 2 that use it druids have 2

2+2+3= 7

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't notice that there's less mail armor specs than anything else?

Look up archetype in the dictionary.

Blademaster an INT plate class?

Yeah, you have no clue what you're talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't notice that there's less mail armor specs than anything else?
    int plate used by 1 spec

Look up archetype in the dictionary.
    lets see

Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All
    Further more no one could predict dks or monks before they were announced
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz
    I predicted a Monk class. DKs were before my time.
    You said DKs OR Monks. I predicted Monks.
    Runemasters are monk-like arcane spellcaster and melee fighters who empower themselves with magical energies by inscribing runes onto their bodies.

look up what predicting is

Blademaster an INT plate class?
    Hell they gave cloth wearer monks Leather

Yeah, you have no clue what you're talking about.
    Coming from you that is funny And I like how you cherry pick IGNORING what gc said. and than claim GC said

10+ Year Old Account
    int plate used by 1 spec
    Except Blizzard isn't going to introduce an entirely new class just because Holy Paladins are lonely. A 4th plate class would flood the loot tables with plate armor.

look up what predicting is
    You do understand that Runemasters fall under the Monk archetype right?

Hell they gave cloth wearer monks Leather
    Monks in leather armor makes sense. Blademasters in INT plate makes no sense whatsoever.

Coming from you that is funny And I like how you cherry pick IGNORING what gc said. and than claim GC said
    It's not my fault you guys can't read tweets.

10+ Year Old Account
    So like I said you ignore and Cherry pick to avoid any valid point made. When did GC say Tinkers are possible if they're implemented the right and said Demon Hunters have significant overlap problems with existing classes? Cause his answer about demon hunters a tad bit different.

- - - Updated - - -

Except Blizzard isn't going to introduce an entirely new class just because Holy Paladins are lonely.
    Blizzard is not going to add Tinkers just because you are obsessed with it

A 4th plate class would flood the loot tables with plate armor.
    All 3 specs use int plate. no issue.

You do understand that Runemasters fall under the Monk archetype right?
    predict - say or estimate that (a specified thing) will happen in the future or will be a consequence of something.

what you said

Further more no one could predict dks or monks before they were announced
    I predicted a Monk class. DKs were before my time.
    You said DKs OR Monks. I predicted Monks.
    - - - Updated - - -

Monks in leather armor makes sense. Blademasters in INT plate makes no sense whatsoever.
    Prior to mop all the monks I seen wear Cloth. Hell the panderan monk in your avatar is wearing cloth

"But i hate you all" and Teriz, you two are really arguing over irrelevant things - not to mention that people who actually want to discuss how a Tinker Class would function can't do it from the huge amount of (literally) spam you two are writing.
    Can you please either continue that discussion through private messages, or make a "Are Tinkers the next new class" thread - the "Tinker Class" thread can be used for much more creative and interesting things than watching you two bicker endlessly about nonsense.

Back to the topic, i would definitely love to see a fusion of Tinkers and Alchemists - it could have 4 specs (melee dps, tank, ranged dps, healer) and those 2 can provide a lot of sci-fi abilities, chemical madness, various possible animations and awesome mechanics.

After the DK and the Monk i would honestly love to have a "whimsical" class that can add more flavor and variety and freshness to WoW - some other class options, like the DH and the Spellbreaker, sound extremely "already seen before"...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    "But i hate you all" and Teriz, you two are really arguing over irrelevant things - not to mention that people who actually want to discuss how a Tinker Class would function can't do it from the huge amount of (literally) spam you two are writing.
    Can you please either continue that discussion through private messages, or make a "Are Tinkers the next new class" thread - the "Tinker Class" thread can be used for much more creative and interesting things than watching you two bicker endlessly about nonsense.

Well sorry to hear that you do not like a debate going on a public forum. I can not speak for Teriz but I can tell you I honestly do not care what you like or not about my posting or discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Back to the topic, i would definitely love to see a fusion of Tinkers and Alchemists - it could have 4 specs (melee dps, tank, ranged dps, healer) and those 2 can provide a lot of sci-fi abilities, chemical madness, various possible animations and awesome mechanics.

After the DK and the Monk i would honestly love to have a "whimsical" class that can add more flavor and variety and freshness to WoW - some other class options, like the DH and the Spellbreaker, sound extremely "already seen before"...
    I don't see them adding a whimsical class in, Maybe a support class

Only in your addled zealot-brain does forcing your own opinion into somebody else's mouth equate with reading comprehension.

If you tried to pull this shit in any capacity other than an internet forum you would be censured, and given your obstinance in repeatedly and intentionally presenting your fantasy as fact straight out of Ghostcrawler's mouth, you should be censured for it here, too.

It is a crime against decency that Sukhoi was banned but Teriz is allowed to maliciously spew lies.
    Last edited by Cooper; 2013-09-04 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    It is a crime against decency that Sukhoi was banned but Teriz is allowed to maliciously spew lies.
    At least Teriz says things with substance. Sukhoi's only addition to the conversation was the coining of a new slur. Decency indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is not going to add Tinkers just because you are obsessed with it
    Nah, they'll add it because its the final WC3 hero unit not absorbed by existing WoW classes, fills the mail armor gap, is unique from existing class archetypes, a prominent, yet untapped aspect of the Warcraft universe, gives two underrepresented races much needed lore and purpose, and it comes from a broad and flexible archetype.

All 3 specs use int plate. no issue.
    Actually it would cause a major issue, because now you have a plate class that uses armor that the other three plate classes can't use, and vice versa. Furthermore, there would be tons of new plate on the loot table, because Blizzard would have to make sure this new class is properly geared throughout the game. However, this new plate is only usable by one class, and this new class cant use the majority of plate already in the game. Congrats, you just turned a minor loot issue into a giant problem.

See, its not a big issue now because Paladins can also use STR plate, the most abundant plate in the game. Tossing in a class that is locked out from that throws the current balance completely out of whack.

Like I said, you have no clue what you're talking about.

predict - say or estimate that (a specified thing) will happen in the future or will be a consequence of something.

what you said
    I see you still haven't looked up the word archetype yet.

Prior to mop all the monks I seen wear Cloth. Hell the panderan monk in your avatar is wearing cloth
    Except in WoW cloth armor is INT caster gear use by Mages and Warlocks. Meanwhile, leather is mainly agility-based gear used by Rogues and Feral Druids.

Given that, which armor type did you seriously believe Monks were going to get?

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    At least Teriz says things with substance. Sukhoi's only addition to the conversation was the coining of a new slur. Decency indeed.
    Falsely attributing words to people that those people did not actually say is not "substance". It is lying. And given that he continues to do it, knowing that what he claims Ghostcrawler said is not what Ghostcrawler actually said, means he can only be doing it intentionally and maliciously. No forum that claims to support "constructive" dialogue should permit it to continue without reprimand.