Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    [Edited because original quoted post was edited]

Your little story only illustrates you care about playing WoW less than everything else... including meditation. I have a wife, two kids, a salary job, and raid 2 nights a week will full clears under my belt. What's your excuse?
    Last edited by Drummerboy; 2013-09-04 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    This worked well for Throne of Thunder & excited to see it in Siege of Orgrimmar, Atleast my Garrosh kill in Normal will mean something until I kill Herioc Garrosh.

Entitled casuals ruined this beautiful game .
    spoilers it looks exactly like regular orgrimmar except you fight some giant orcs

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    The point of the game is to have fun. They market the game with features and we purchase this game expecting to experience those features. Raiding is a feature. Why you anti-LFR hate on the only reason this game is still around is beyond me. What you don't realize, is if the population of wow that does LFR, which is the majority and is what keeps this game running, wasn't able to experience everything that's been pitched, the subs would drop even more dramatically and this game would cease to exist. You hate LFR, but without it, you wouldn't have a WoW to play.
    Wrong again. WoW existed for almost a decade without LFR. And LFR is only keeping those who don't want to play with others which is actually worse for the WoW community.

Declaring that LFR is the only reason why WoW still is around is the most ridiculous statement I have read in a long time. Your "$15" ego is beyond reason.
    Last edited by Drummerboy; 2013-09-04 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixpac View Post
    I don't get it why they still punish LFR raiders. I mean, we get the worst loot anyway, so what?
    This is the last tier. They gate LFR so players who are just running LFR don't unsub as soon.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    No it's not fine. It's stupid and blizzard catering to the hardcore crowd again as per usual.
    I would hardly call normal/flex raiders the "hardcore" crowd.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

So who's lazy, whiny and bad again?
    Maybe you shouldn't pay all this money for a game for which you apparently have no time to play. What makes you think you should be able to achieve everything there is to achieve in a game without actually putting time into it to achieve it? Has nothing to do with being lazy, whiny or bad and all the more with realism. There is no achievement in being handed free stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    Your the first to comment?:P Nobody cried?:P

Well seems i'll start playing on october 22 just to kill garrosh
    Don't you have to clear each LFR wing before you can get to the next? or did they change that for this tier?

The reason they spread out raid finder like that is to keep you subbed for an extra month

Quote Originally Posted by Sixpac View Post
    I don't get it why they still punish LFR raiders. I mean, we get the worst loot anyway, so what?

Why would you get any other loot lol? You que and face roll to clearing content with little to no effort needed. LFR raider doesn't quite sound right but I guess to some it does.

Judging from some stuff I just read in this thread, if I'm only able to play 2 hours a month and pay the same 15$ Dollars per Month, should Blizzard develop a way for me to see content in 2 hours a month? I'm a subscriber so they have to adapt the game to my reality! Also to the reality of every other subscriber in the world!

Also, all Stages on Mario should be open as soon as you buy the game. I want to play that 5th stage on the 7th world. wtf is Nintendo doing by making it unavailable if I paid for game already? I mean, my friends have time to clear it quickly because they don't do anything in their life! I can only play 2 hours/week so the game should be adapted in a way that I can choose which stage to play at anytime! Damn you Blizz... err, Nintendo! Rawr! Rawr! Rawr!
    Last edited by Milkyz; 2013-09-04 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Of course you don't because the answer is "it's not listed anywhere and I'm making shit up."

That's funny you mention that without LFR we wouldn't have a WoW to play. How exactly do you explain the first 6 years of this game then? Looks like we were just fine and we still would be.
    Do you know why they implemented LFR? Because the majority of the players weren't experience all of the story and the subs were falling. Every thing they've implemented is in efforts to retain subs. How you don't understand this is beyond me. Perhaps you should educate yourself rather than spends so much time obsessing about your status on a digital world. You might actually accomplish something meaningful.

Quote Originally Posted by unholyness View Post
    Looking at your armory, my alts are better geared and have more progression than you even when you were 'a raider' lol. Go back to building bikes with your homeless kids or w/e no one cares,no one. LFR Hero now trying to feel like he has something to live for, sadly you don't.
    That's funny since you don't even know when I was a raider... You keep falling back on your guessing games but it only makes you look more pathetic. Stay classy buddy, maybe someday your WoW achievements will actually mean something.

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    Wrong again. WoW existed for almost a decade without LFR. And LFR is only keeping those who don't want to play with others which is actually worse for the WoW community.
    The second post was an error, which is sad that you and the two others jump on that as way to gain a one up. Like I stated above LFR is what's keeping this game from sinking as fast as it would. I already said why I don't have the time to dedicate to WoW, if you can't figure that out, then you might be neglecting things you shouldn't.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Batix View Post
    I would hardly call normal/flex raiders the "hardcore" crowd.
    The sad reality is that people think Normal mode is 'hardcore' which shows just how far player's playing level has fallen. Normal mode is for the average player and is easy but no content is easy if you play incorrectly, standing in fire,bad dps/hps,no gems/chants, and have no rotation, then i guess normal would seem hardcore.

Player's used to become better player's or class leader's would help people become better player's but now it seems people go for a easier difficulty or come on here posting thousands of times saying they dont have time to raid, how ironic is that?

You are, clearly. At least in the context of WoW. Let's examine the evidence:

Lazy: You can only devote some time Sunday afternoon to the game, in your own words, yet expect-nay, demand access to everything as soon as possible. That last part is the key: You CAN see everything, but you are (assuming you are an LFR player) unwilling to wait until October to do so, no you MUST see it the same rate as everyone else despite only being able to devote time seemingly one day a week.

Whiny: You are complaining about how you "have many more activities which [you] enjoy", how unfair it is to me made to wait, and how you are "entitled to see all of the content that is available" but again, you CAN see the content you just seem unwilling to wait. As an analogy, if you were in line at a theme park you seem to be demanding that you get access to it the same time as the VIP people do, because you paid for a ticket.

Bad: "No longer wish to confine [yourself] to the restraints of filling out guild applications". Claims that "back in the day" you raided hardcore, but now you can't.

So in conclusion, the accused is lazy due to demanding equal access without the same time investment, whiny because they demand access at the same rate as those who are more invested due to paying the same amount, and bad due to not being able to put in the same effort anymore but expecting the same results.

Lazy, whiny and bad eh? I'll give you a chance to not look like a total loser ok? I'm going to write out what my average week is like and then you can write out what your average week is like and we'll see just who is "lazy, whiny and bad." Ok?

I work Mon-Fri 8am-4pm with autistic and mentally retarded individuals where I have to be in multiple physical restraints on a daily basis.

On Mondays, I take part in a group that advocates for a fossil free world through divestment from fossil fuel investments.
    On Tuesdays I run an after school bike shop for kids in my city where they can learn to build and fix their bikes.
    On Wednesday I jam on my acoustic guitar for the farmers market in a nearby park.
    On Thursdays I have practice with my band.
    On Fridays we go play our shows.
    On Saturday I volunteer at the local animal shelter and then have open bike shop for the kids until we have our weekly Saturday night ride.
    On Sunday I go to the Buddhist Monastery for Yoga and Meditation, then clean and do laundry and THEN do I have my largest block of time for video games.

I say video games because WoW is not the only video game I play, nor is it the only video game which I chose to fully dedicate myself to. Now when I was younger and in college I had the time to join a guild and spend a few nights a week raiding and I believe you me pal, I raided. I raided when there weren't difficulty options. You were either good enough to kill the boss or get the achievement... or you weren't. Heroic mode didn't exist because it wasn't needed. The fights were already as hard as they should have been.

Now that I'm older and have many more activities which I enjoy, I no longer wish to confine myself to the restraints of filling out guild applications nor the strict raiding schedules. I do however purchase each expansion and still pay my $15/month. So yes, I am entitled to see all of the content that is available, just as you are. There is nothing forcing you to run LFR if you have the means and would rather run normal/heroic. There is however, things that prevent me from dedicating copious amounts of my time to normal/heroics. And if Blizzard is going to delay the release of content through LFR and Flex then why should I bother spending my 15 dollars for a month that only contains a fraction of the actual content?

First, I respect you for all the good things you do with your time. Not that you necessarily care about gaining the respect of 1 person on the internet. But it is what it is. As far as WoW is concerned, though, you're choosing to spend time on other things that aren't WoW, which there's nothing wrong with. But, understand that those who choose to dedicate more time with WoW than other things, are going to get more out of the game because of more time and effort invested.

Do you know why they implemented LFR? Because the majority of the players weren't experience all of the story and the subs were falling. Every thing they've implemented is in efforts to retain subs. How you don't understand this is beyond me. Perhaps you should educate yourself rather than spends so much time obsessing about your status on a digital world. You might actually accomplish something meaningful.

That's funny since you don't even know when I was a raider... You keep falling back on your guessing games but it only makes you look more pathetic. Stay classy buddy, maybe someday your WoW achievements will actually mean something.

The second post was an error, which is sad that you and the two others jump on that as way to gain a one up. Like I stated above LFR is what's keeping this game from sinking as fast as it would. I already said why I don't have the time to dedicate to WoW, if you can't figure that out, then you might be neglecting things you shouldn't.
    That's the best part about Wowprogress is that it shows your history of being in crap baddie guilds with zero progression and next to no one in those guilds even on a bad server you still look even worse. Guild after guild you went to hoping to be carried only to latch onto another guild soon after that. Ya you were quite the 'raider' pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    You are, clearly. At least in the context of WoW. Let's examine the evidence:

Lazy: You can only devote some time Sunday afternoon to the game, in your own words, yet expect-nay, demand access to everything as soon as possible. That last part is the key: You CAN see everything, but you are (assuming you are an LFR player) unwilling to wait until October to do so, no you MUST see it the same rate as everyone else despite only being able to devote time seemingly one day a week.

Whiny: You are complaining about how you "have many more activities which [you] enjoy", how unfair it is to me made to wait, and how you are "entitled to see all of the content that is available" but again, you CAN see the content you just seem unwilling to wait. As an analogy, if you were in line at a theme park you seem to be demanding that you get access to it the same time as the VIP people do, because you paid for a ticket.

Bad: "No longer wish to confine [yourself] to the restraints of filling out guild applications". Claims that "back in the day" you raided hardcore, but now you can't.

So in conclusion, the accused is lazy due to demanding equal access without the same time investment, whiny because they demand access at the same rate as those who are more invested due to paying the same amount, and bad due to not being able to put in the same effort anymore but expecting the same results.
    Aaaaand we're done here. Everybody go home.

Well the flex/lfr does not apply to me AT ALL but I still think it should be two weeks shorter than the whole thing plays out to be. If I was running that content instead of normal/heroic I would be quite disappointed because it would boil down to there not being shit to do after 2 hours on Tuesday for a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by unholyness View Post
    That's the best part about Wowprogress is that it shows your history of being in crap baddie guilds with zero progression and next to no one in those guilds even on a bad server you still look even worse. Guild after guild you went to hoping to be carried only to latch onto another guild soon after that. Ya you were quite the 'raider' pal.
    The kind of behavior you're exhibiting here is amusing. "I can't argue against anything you said, so I'm going to troll your armory. I'll still have lost the argument, but at least my ego will be temporarily inflated."
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Editos View Post
    You can cross-realm group, no excuses

- - - Updated - - -

You're not forced to watch them
    haha, the irony. I am guessing your reason for liking LFR and Flex being pushed back is that ´you felt forced to run them the first week´...

I'm not demanding to see all of the content right away, I'm more than capable with waiting until October. I just can't justify paying for what's basically a movie, story and all, that's shown in segments over a month. You folks are welcome to do your raiding. However it's a completely rediculous notion that people who enjoy the liberties LFR afords them effects your playstyle in anyway. You are given plenty of extras for normal and heroic raiding via achievement mounts and specially heroic only bosses on top of superior gear. So again, how am I the one acting entitled? I'm mearly asking to get what my money goes in part to fund. If you insist that I'm entitled, what does that make you? You're the ones asking for exclusive things that you do not pay for. Whether or not you put in the effort for raiding, asking for raids to be exclusive to you simply because you work harder and but do not actually pay extra for it, is even worse than being entitled. You're asking for free content.