Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Maybe we can use the well that he has there in the Black Temple to resummon him.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

10+ Year Old Account
    would make sense if maiev had secretly stolen the last vial he had taken from the well and we needed to kill her, get it, and resummon him at the sunwell or something
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    Maybe we can use the well that he has there in the Black Temple to resummon him.
    I wonder what the conversation is going to be like when we suddenly ask for his help with the threat of the Legion.

A confirmation was not necessary to begin with, it was just ignorant idiots thinking CoT counted as his return. Still, I'm glad he did that because at least now we've got a proper way to shut up those kind of people..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Why can't people stay dead just for once in this game?
    demons cant be killed. they just go back to the twisting nether

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    would make sense if maiev had secretly stolen the last vial he had taken from the well and we needed to kill her, get it, and resummon him at the sunwell or something
    As much as I hate Maiev I wouldn't want to see her killed, I know that she's gone batshit crazy and the like, but Blizzard is really too quick at killing off great lore characters at times...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Well I think in a burning legion xpac he should have a place..... wether we fight him or we fight to free him....
    i would hate to see him come back as an enemy again. he wasnt even a villain to start with, he just did the wrong things for the right reasons... if he comes back he needs to be an ally

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    As much as I hate Maiev I wouldn't want to see her killed, I know that she's gone batshit crazy and the like, but Blizzard is really too quick at killing off great lore characters at times...
    true. maybe she could just hand it over to summon him. she said herself that she was nothing without the hunt anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Why can't people stay dead just for once in this game?
    People = us.... We rez permanently. thousands of times..
    NPC's and lore characters, shouldn't they have the same rights?

lol

Seriously, I see what you mean. I believe the crux lies in the problem that Blizzard made the mistake to kill off some of the most in depth key lore figures.
    Illidan shouldn't have died at all, neither should have Kael'Thas. On the same token, maybe Arthas shouldn't have been killed either. Even though I like the story telling that leads to his death. In the long run, it would have been probably better to just achieve a crushing of these characters doings.
    Illidan = banished
    Kael = imprisoned
    Arthas = driven away into hiding with his empire crushed
    For future story telling maybe much more interesting, than having to write somewhat plausible story that explains why the key villain is back again from the dead..
    It would also give an option of a face turn of a villain. We always get babyfaces turning heel, but I can't think of the reverse situation right of the bat.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Queen Azshara will rez him. Have no fear.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No surprise for me, as I support Demon Hunters as a class.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    true. maybe she could just hand it over to summon him. she said herself that she was nothing without the hunt anyway
    I would love to see her forgive Illidan, if we say, fought against her, not to kill her but rather to try and make her see reason. At the end of the fight she would acknowledge that bringing back Illidan and forgiving him for his "crimes" is the right thing to do.

Heck, it would be awesome if she was present during the summoning, along with perhaps Tyrande and Malfurion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    Depends on the Demon. Dreadlords kinda disperse, and then they pop up someplace else two expansions later. Then there are some demons that are basically constructs animated by a controlling spirit. If the construct is killed/destroyed the spirit is set loose and usually returns to its home realm, much like elementals. Lastly, there are mortal or immortal races that are fel empowered. This variety can definitely die, as they are essentially no different from any other mortal or immortal race. However, these fel empowered mortals could have simply not learned, or not be corrupted enough to fall in one of the first two categories.

The Wiki has a good breakdown of how it works for Dreadlords, and that could hold true for all/most demons, but we just don't know enough to be sure. If it is a trait for all demons, then it stands to reason that Illidan's spirit is out there somewhere hoping to be summoned back.
    It quite likely applies to all Demons, as Kanrethad Ebonlocke, rather than be killed is held banished by Jubeka Shadowbreaker after he's defeated in Black Temple in order to prevent his ever returning. We even resummon the same minion each time after they're killed rather than summon new, suggesting even they can't be truly defeated on this plane.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2013-09-05 at 12:45 PM.

Illidan didn't get the character of his calibre deserves in TBC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    metzen confirmed on twitter that he wasnt referring to illidan showing up in cot and that he believes a spark of illidan is out there somewhere.

so now when people speculate about it you cant say "what if he was talking about the dungeon"

glad thats been cleared up.
    Cleared up? People believed that he made his redemtion 10,000 years ago for things he did 10,000 years later? Are these the same people who complain that WoW lore is terrible?

Illidan will be resurrected and eventually we'll help him take control over the burning legion. With BL as an ally we will conquer new worlds and all shall fear the might of the Azeroth Coalition (alliance + horde + burning legion)!

Maybe he will be found in the Emerald Dream?
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Illidan didn't get the character of his calibre deserves in TBC.
    Dunno, his encounter served him well and was great difficulty and design wise during his time. Also, people tend to hype Illidan more than he actually deserves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    Because we have rezz spells? :P
    I once waited to see what would happen. He despawned!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Because some people should never have died to begin with? Illidan was just killed off to please the Vanilla crowd sick of not recognizing the bosses they faced.
    We can all agree some people should never have died. But the fact is, Illidan did die. Maybe this was a bad move from Blizzard part, but what's done, is done! I know them, and i know they will bring him back telling us something about the Twisting Nether. But that doesn't account for the fact they should've managed his story in a better way to begin with, and i'd rather see the game advancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i know that, but there are some people that anytime it comes up go "MAYBE IT WAS THE DUNGEON YOU CANT PROVE HE WASNT TALKIN BOUT THE DUNGEON"

now we can say it is proven

- - - Updated - - -

preach on brother preach on!
    I was not annoyed about having to kill him just the "lol he lost his mind" ¬_¬ oh rly so 10k years in jail didnt rot his brain but one defeat did? Least I know im not alone in thinking the lore was a train wreck

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Dunno, his encounter served him well and was great difficulty and design wise during his time. Also, people tend to hype Illidan more than he actually deserves.

People mean lore-wise. Illidan was an important and iconic character. At that time Blizzard didn't handle their in game lore this well. He didn't have a lot of build up to him and was not very active in TBC. For example Garrosh is being handled much better than Illidan. There are tons of quest surround his stories and a lot more in game dialogue. Old Bosses in WoW felt like they just wait there for us to kill.

Betrayer... in truth, it was I who was betrayed

yes, Illidan I love you!!!