Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    at least with Illidan returning at least it has a valid reason compared to kael'thas' "it was just a setback!" garbage, illidan is half demon (looks like part nathzrim to me) and they can be brought back from the dead since their soul wanders around in the nether when the body is destroyed (mal'ganis says hi)
    Not really...
    Kael'thas never died in The Eye. After "heroes" killed him, Priestess Delrissa healed the elf, using some demonic-technology (gems, fel energy, etc...) and he moved to help his new master.
    Why he isn't a raid boss in SWP? I don't know, He should have new demonic powers too, like Illidan, he could be a mix between a demon and mage, and could be really awesome to see the other face of Kael'thas (another face would me something new that we didn't know, maybe a new face to face between him and Jaina would be funny).

Problem about that, there aren't any quests related to that, only some hints here, some new text in the webside, and some writtings in fan-webs. Really hard to understand if you are only playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Well the Lich King did sort of drop us in the pit with Anub'arak for round two. He knew he was down there. Seemed implicit to me that he'd revived him for the purpose, because, you know, he's the Lich King.
    Yeah that's the only reasonable conclusion. Still wasn't menioned at all, though. I mean that would be like if we found Illidan hanging out at the Sunwell we could assume he was revived with it's power but it's still awkward to kind of just find him there randomly.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    not entirely true.

I'd like an anti-hero Illidan again, one firmly aligned with the Night Elves.
    i think illidan would be a bit apprehensive about working with the brother who left him in the dirt and exiled him.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

not entirely true.

I'd like an anti-hero Illidan again, one firmly aligned with the Night Elves.
    That's pretty much a contradiction, since much of what made him an anti-hero is that he was really only firmly aligned to himself - and power.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    That's pretty much a contradiction, since much of what made him an anti-hero is that he was really only firmly aligned to himself - and power.
    no what made him an anti hero was he was willing to do what the others wouldnt do.

do you even know what an anti hero is? an anti hero is a hero that isnt afraid to act like a villain to get the job done, they arent held in check by morals or ideals, they get the job done even if they have to get their hands dirty
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    North Western England, Furness Peninsulas
    Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    demons cant be killed. they just go back to the twisting nether
    I'm pretty sure (and i stand to be corrected on this) that we can kill demons in a permanent fashion but only if we kill them on their home turf, I.E if we wanted to kill Mal'Ganis for good, we would need to visit the Dreadlord homeworld to put him down for good. But the death of a demon on Azeroth isnt forever, its just a.....setback. (Yeah as if we needed another one of those puns :P)
    "You have no idea what you don't know."

Quote Originally Posted by Randypan View Post
    I'm pretty sure (and i stand to be corrected on this) that we can kill demons in a permanent fashion but only if we kill them on their home turf, I.E if we wanted to kill Mal'Ganis for good, we would need to visit the Dreadlord homeworld to put him down for good. But the death of a demon on Azeroth isnt forever, its just a.....setback. (Yeah as if we needed another one of those puns :P)
    thats for nathrezim. normal demons can die as long as they are fully summoned onto the plane of existence that their minds are on.

most demons use avatars and if you kill an avatar the mind just goes back to its real body and can be summoned again. avatars are quicker and easier and take alot less magic to summon in than a real demons body but they are much weaker.

thats why archimonde is dead for good because he was summoned fully into azeroth.

nathrezim are different though, they can only die on their home world nomatter what. even if they are fully summoned they will still be able to regenerate unless killed on their home planet.

they could still use this excuse for illidan though since he looks alot like a nathrezim, they could say he became a pseudo nathrezim when he transformed and the rules now apply to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man there are a lot of mixed views about illidan...a lot of theories also. Probably be easier if we took facts first from history before trying to toss opinions in his mindset.
    Like the whole vial thing. The game said he gave the vials to keal and vashj out of trust, in mop the lock quest( which for some reason none of you seem to think about) said he gave keal a vial for recreating his ppls sunwell, or atleast that is what illidan intended.

Also zangarmarsh. After taking black temple the three kinda just went their seperate ways, and also vashj repeatly said she worked for illidan cause her queen wanted her to, and had her own assignment after that.so no well was planed,mal so the quest in zangarmarsh say they aren't doing this for illidan.

I have nothing for the orcs mostly seems like one of two things you can blame on illidan.

The attack on shattrath actually came from keal'thas, not illidan. Literally
    Most of the dr evil things were done by illidans commanders, but since illidan was their leader it is reasonable for him to be blamed for everything. The worse thing he did was create a well in the black temple, offered demons freedom from the legion if the worked for him and to make all broken slaves. Also going by the lock quest, illidan didn't bend any demons to his will, he asked for loyalty in exchange freedom from the legion, and also fun fact the demons still return even with illidan meant to be dead. Soooo yeah there is a nice tidbit for you.

Now about stuff before Outland. Illidan before the craziness was not addicted to power he was addicted to glory for his people, these two just kinda went hand and hand. And in wc3 the things that lead him were set up against him. He was order of clearing all felwood with a small unit, yes he was tricked and used but he also wanted to complete his mission , he did this and was rewarded with exile.

There is more but still thought I try and clear a few things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Why can't people stay dead just for once in this game?
    Because we are running out of warcraft 3 villains.

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    Because we are running out of warcraft 3 villains.
    except if he came back he wouldnt be a villain. bringing him back just to kill him again would be beyond pointless

Demon hunter faction versus Warden faction. Similar to Aldor/Scryers. Led by Maiev on one side, Illidan on the other.

I would love dis. (But I'd still like to kill her)
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Good thing said brother isn't really aligned with the Night Elves in WoW. Tyrande is the Night Elf leader, Malfurion is an arrogant pontiff fancying himself better than mere mortals and as a result above them and incapable of comprehending their woes.
    No, he had the grit to do things idiots like Malfurion refused to do that had to be done. If Illidan were around and tasked with guarding Ashenvale, Orcs would shit themselves stupid even thinking about setting foot in the forest.
    i think malfurion would attempt to reconcile with him (his short story said he regretted what he did to illidan and feels responsible) but i think illidan wouldnt accept, i think illidan would only work with him when/if he had to and any communication would be done through tyrande or demon hunter envoys

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Demon hunter faction versus Warden faction. Similar to Aldor/Scryers. Led by Maiev on one side, Illidan on the other.

I would love dis. (But I'd still like to kill her)
    or a demon hunter faction and a black harvest faction.

i think that would be equally cool, side with either the warlocks or the demon hunters

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i think illidan would be a bit apprehensive about working with the brother who left him in the dirt and exiled him.
    My theory is Tyrande's death will reconcile the two.

Deleted
    Tyrande isn't going to die.
    Source for that? I see it as a perfectly valid possibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Why can't people stay dead just for once in this game?
    Why can't people accept the fact that it's a fantasy game where both villains and heroes can get resurrected? It's not a new concept, it's happened since vanilla and it will continue to happen.

Deleted
    Basing this on what? I don't need a source, my opinion is just as valid as yours, and considerably more grounded.
    Well it's just you didn't present it as an opinion. You just plain said, Tyrande won't die. I however said that my personal opinion is that she'll die to reconcile Illidan and Malfurion. They clearly like Illidan and Malfurion more than they do Tyrande (as evidenced by in game quests, the fact that Malfurion has his own book and the very notion that Illidan may be resurrected.) however the two aren't exactly on good terms. Tyrande dying is a logical way to reconcile them as they can both mourn the woman they love rather than fighting over her. So it's a grounded theory.

Not saying it will definitely happen, I'm just saying that there's no reason you can definitively say it wont.

if tyrande died it would likely just drive a bigger wedge between them since illidan would likely view it as malfurions fault for not being able to protect her

Deleted
    if tyrande died it would likely just drive a bigger wedge between them since illidan would likely view it as malfurions fault for not being able to protect her
    Depends entirely on how it went down.

Not that sure, they forgot about everything else and teamed up to save her in WC3:TFT, however what they will do once they have extracted revenge on the killer or killers it's a different story
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

no what made him an anti hero was he was willing to do what the others wouldnt do.

do you even know what an anti hero is? an anti hero is a hero that isnt afraid to act like a villain to get the job done, they arent held in check by morals or ideals, they get the job done even if they have to get their hands dirty
    That's a... skewed version of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    In literature, an antihero[1] (or antiheroine[2] as the female) is a protagonist who has no heroic virtues or qualities (such as being morally good,[3] idealistic,[4] courageous,[4] noble,[5] or possessing fortitude[6]),[1][3][5][6][7][8][9] blurring the line between hero and villain.
    Note that "protagonist" does not equal "hero". A protagonist is a main character, a "hero" is, well, noble and virtuous and all that. An "anti-hero" is a protagonist that, in another story, could be a villain, such as Michael Corleone or Sonny Wortzik. They're usually only the protagonist because somebody else in the story is worse than they are. Which should tell you a lot about Illidan's character, given that he served as an antagonist to Arthas.

Also, Illidan didn't care about "getting the job" done, he cared about what was in it for him. That's why he flip-flopped between sides so much.

No, he had the grit to do things idiots like Malfurion refused to do that had to be done. If Illidan were around and tasked with guarding Ashenvale, Orcs would shit themselves stupid even thinking about setting foot in the forest.
    If Illidan was tasked with guarding Ashenvale, he'd stick around until he got wind of some magical item or other that could increase his power, and then he would fuck right off, rationalizing it all the while.

except if he came back he wouldnt be a villain. bringing him back just to kill him again would be beyond pointless
    Actually, if they brought him back to give him a shot at redemption and he failed, it might get the point across to his fanboys. Probably not, though. But it would also be a more interesting story, and also a more believable one, given his character.
    Last edited by Cooper; 2013-09-05 at 08:37 PM.