Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    I know right. All raids should consist of 3 bosses. 1 for us regular LFR heroes. 1 for those normal types and then the last for the real heroic heroes. Imagine all of the dev time that could be saved with a 3 boss raid. The time would be better spent making more xmog gear and adding more pets to battle with.
    This guy wins.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    I cant imagine how a mediocre guild can progress in SoO when there's 15 bosses. My guild is raiding 5 nights a week and we dont have Heroic Lei Shen down yet.
    Complaining for the sake of it. People QQ'd cus there was not alot to do.. and now it's to much.. just go away PLEASE!

I guess you guys would rather do Dragon Soul 2.0 for a year? A 15 boss raid almost makes me want to resub! Except for my character being so far behind now and hating what I'd have to do catch up.

I hope they give us some good time to finish these bosses. If they do, the number is just fine. Much better than 7 bosses in Firelands (or better, 6 quick bosses and then 1 excruciatingly impossible fight).

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    There are 14 bosses, not 15.
    ICC had 12, Ulduar had 13, Kara had 11. 14 doesn't seem outrageous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember Karazhan?

More is better than less.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    I prefer big raids with alot of bosses, so looking forward to this.

It's also friendlier to casuals, as more bosses = smoother difficulty ramp up curve.
    Hah, did you pay attention in ToT? Horridon was a brick wall for normal mode guilds and heroic progression guilds. Having to down 4 bosses on Normal just to get to a boss on heroic that was kill-able by the average guild in average gear is a ridiculous concept.

Quote Originally Posted by manswtor View Post
    and why do we care that you haven't down Lei Shen on Heroic? Bigger question, who said you have to down Lei Shen on heroic in same tear.
    It's not about killing the boss in the same tier, it's about guilds with less time being a success. Progression shouldn't be solely based around time spent raiding. Sure if you put in more time you should kill bosses quicker, but it shouldn't be set up in such a way that a guild that only raids 2 nights a week doesn't even have enough time to finish current content. Look at WoWprogress and the number of 1 - 2 day a week raiding guilds that downed Heroic 13/13. It's pathetically low. The only thing that mattered in Heroic Throne of Thunder was time spent raiding. A guild that raided 3 nights a week had one night to clear farm content and two nights to work on bosses while my guild which only raids 6 hours a week had to waste half of our raid week just clearing to the boss we were trying to kill.

Giving us options for progression paths would be an easy way to solve this problem. Blizzard needs to go back to letting us choose which order we want to kill the bosses in. And don't tell me that "SoO" is going to change all of that, because the split only happens after you kill the 8th (?) boss in the instance. If Iron Juggernaut, for example, becomes a cockblock on Heroic, then you still have to skip him and do trash content to actually work on heroics that your guild is capable of clearing.

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    ICC had 12, Ulduar had 13, Kara had 11. 14 doesn't seem outrageous.
    Okay, and? Why did you reply to me saying that? All I did was correct what the OP said.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

15+ Year Old Account
    "OMFG BLIZZARD TO FEW BOSSES WTF"
    or
    "OMFG BLIZZARD TO MANY BOSSES WTF"

Take ur pick, peoples stupidity never cease to amaze me
    As OP says "how a mediocre guild can progress in SoO" Well perhaps u should L2P or kick those who are keeping ur back, it helps
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    I cant imagine how a mediocre guild can progress in SoO when there's 15 bosses. My guild is raiding 5 nights a week and we dont have Heroic Lei Shen down yet.
    For me it's more fun with alot of bosses, but if you #1 can't seem to get Lei shen down with a five day raiding schedule. Maybe you should start to worry about your members instead of complaining about of many bosses there will be... Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    it shouldn't be set up in such a way that a guild that only raids 2 nights a week doesn't even have enough time to finish current content. Look at WoWprogress and the number of 1 - 2 day a week raiding guilds that downed Heroic 13/13. It's pathetically low. The only thing that mattered in Heroic Throne of Thunder was time spent raiding.
    Logically a 6hr a week guild should take twice as long to clear heroic as a 12hr a week guild if all player skill/attendance is equal.
    It makes sense: put in more hours, get things done faster proportional to the effort (time) exerted but in reality, the 12hr a week guild will start getting heroic gear while the 6hr is still on normals and since each week is finite, the 12hr a week guild *should* finish more than twice as fast. Same as a 20hr or 40hr guild finishing much faster than the 12hr or 6hr.

I do admire those 6hr guilds that do 13/13HM though (that is...if they don't lie about their hours during progress)

Quote Originally Posted by Superlolz View Post
    Logically a 6hr a week guild should take twice as long to clear heroic as a 12hr a week guild if all player skill/attendance is equal.
    It makes sense: put in more hours, get things done faster proportional to the effort (time) exerted but in reality, the 12hr a week guild will start getting heroic gear while the 6hr is still on normals and since each week is finite, the 12hr a week guild *should* finish more than twice as fast. Same as a 20hr or 40hr guild finishing much faster than the 12hr or 6hr.

I do admire those 6hr guilds that do 13/13HM though (that is...if they don't lie about their hours during progress)
    I definitely agree and I don't really care that a guild that raids 15 hours a week had Lei Shen on farm two months ago. I simply don't have the time to commit to a guild like that, so a 6 hour raiding guild is right at my level.

But the way Blizzard is going now, it's nearly impossible for a 6 hour a week guild to completely clear the content. My guild did some pretty amazing things regarding clearing bosses this tier (killing half of the heroic bosses with less than a night of attempts on each and killing Dark Animus with only two nights worth of attempts), but we just simply ran out of time. Were progressing well on Heroic Lei Shen then hit a wall because people wanted a week off before new content. It's just frustrating to know we could've killed Lei Shen but the only thing working against us was time. All things equal, we would have had Lei Shen down back in June and be able to take a whole month off. Unfortunately, Heroic raiding nowadays is set up to better reward the guilds with more raiding time.

T14 was even worse. Less than 6 months (all things considered) to kill 16 Heroic bosses is just not possible for the majority of raiding guilds.

Deleted
    Blizzard are just doing what the community cried for (as usual.) "We need more epic raids like Ulduar!" They delivered and were so pleased with Throne (for good reason because it's fucking awesome) they are keeping huge sprawling raids as their focus. Which I'm more than happy with as I was one of them guys who screamed less then 10 bosses is not enough.

AaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAARGHG BLALBUAUUU

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    They delivered and were so pleased with Throne (for good reason because it's fucking awesome)
    Overrated except for H: Lei Shen and Ra-Den. I was annoyed by all the Ulduar comparisons.

That being said, big raids = good.

Deleted
    14 bosses is okay considering that we will have to deal with this raid tier for a loooo...ong time.

Despite of that, I would also prefer a raid with different wings like ICC was, one would be more flexible doing the farm stuff on the days with a weaker line-up and the progress raiding when the best people or combinations are available.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    not trying to be rude or anything but if you're struggling to clear them on 5 nights a week of effort the wall is your guild's ability and nothing more. Flex raiding is targeted for your guild so you can complete it, get meaningful gear that isn't dreadful LFR experience and even get glory of the orgrimmar raider. Having 14 bosses isn't too many though.

Did you just tell someone who is progressing on heroic lei shen that "FLEX RAIDING IS TARGETED FOR YOUR GUILD"?

LOLOLOLOLLO

Yea, flex is for those guilds "only" at 11/13 heroic. Jesus the Christ.

My guild certianly was berely able to down LK in ICC in one reset. This was due to time, not skills. If you are talking about in one reset, then yes. But with extended raid lock, no, it should not be a problem.

If a guild does not want to extend their lockout, that is their choice. If they want to progress, then they should extending their lockout on a regular basis at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Okay, and? Why did you reply to me saying that? All I did was correct what the OP said.
    I wasn't really replying to you, I was quoting you. Your post was shorter than the OP and contained the correct relevant data.