Page 15 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trassk, with all due respect, chill out. Its a game, you are not an orc in real life, you take every suggestion that people say on here so damn personal. I for one would like the horde headquarters shifted out of Orgrimmar and moved elsewhere say.... Silvermoon. If you take this the wrong way, then /shrug, think about how your overall demeanor is on these forums, constantly negative. Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cwowtbang View Post
    Trassk, with all due respect, chill out. Its a game, you are not an orc in real life, you take every suggestion that people say on here so damn personal. I for one would like the horde headquarters shifted out of Orgrimmar and moved elsewhere say.... Silvermoon. If you take this the wrong way, then /shrug, think about how your overall demeanor is on these forums, constantly negative. Thank you.
    I'm not an orc? *looks around* Wow, I'm glad you told me that, I was confused there.

Having an opinion or suggestion it one thing, but making it as a means of spite then its obvious, thats not worth giving anyone credit for.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    1 - the twilights hammer were insane, power hungry despots who wanted to end the world, they didn't care if an orc, orge, or dragon told them to, they just followed for the sake of destruction.
    2 - Every other playable race is represented by one of there own kind. You can't even present to me an example of someone who isn't the same as there own kind, because a leader has to have that understanding of that respected race. Thats just fundamental story telling in this genre.

And since the alliance is still lead by humans and there human king as become warchief of the horde, having a non-orc warchief representing the horde is complete bullshit.
    Well why dont just put, lets say, Thrall as the leader of the orcs, and put Lorthemar as leader of the Horde...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Well why dont just put, lets say, Thrall as the leader of the orcs, and put Lorthemar as leader of the Horde...
    because blood elves don't deserve to be regarded as the main figurehead of the horde, since they are as far away from what the horde is meant to be about as it gets.

And I don't fancy having lor'themar wiping Varian's ass from here on out as the hordes warchief.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly the warchief will be the player in the first raid who kills garrosh with the most DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Clearly the warchief will be the player in the first raid who kills garrosh with the most DPS.
    FoTM-chief ?

doubt it's been posted before.

Lor'themar.

Mainly because I am very bias.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post

doubt it's been posted before.
    actually it did already, on another thread.
    #boycottchina

Gorgonna please. I know she's too obscure, but it would be nice to see an Orc female in a positive leadership role.

We will need a new orc leader and a new Warchief, that may or not be the same person. Therefore, to keep the number of leaders balanced with the alliance, one of the racial leaders should also be the Warchief. I don't think there's anyone that could lead the orcs besides Thrall or Saurfang. So, considering the participation on the patch (and the expansion overall), I believe it boils down to Thrall, Saurfang, Bob and Vol'Jin... Saurfang being my personal favorite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    because blood elves don't deserve to be regarded as the main figurehead of the horde, since they are as far away from what the horde is meant to be about as it gets.

And I don't fancy having lor'themar wiping Varian's ass from here on out as the hordes warchief.
    That was an example, i was just pointing out that the leader of the horde dont have to be an orc

BTW the horde is about family and so on, and the BE are not that far away from it, theres a really big connection between the BE and the Forsakens, the forsakens have a good relationship with the tauren, the tauren have a big connection with the trolls and the tauren and trolls had a big connection with the orcs, but thanks to our lovely warchief Garrosh, these relationsip is in pain, so rigth now the one who have hurted the family the most (the horde), so right now is not that likely that we will get another orc warchief, the most likely is Voljin, but Blizzard said that the next warchief will be someone noone expected, so thats why many people say Lorthemar, also Voljin have almost the same mentality as Thrall so to add something different it could be Lorthemar

Someone who would be a surprise, has orcish background but can be a diplomat? I may not like it but it sounds like Med'an.

Never. The world would implode from the sheer rage.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping for Saurfang. He seems like he'd make a great leader.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Not to derail this thread, but there aren't plenty of white conservatives refusing to vote for a man based solely on his skin color. I know it's trendy to attribute a vocal minorities opinions to an entire group of people, especially when talking about the political "right", but try to refrain from that please.
    --A White Conservative American that voted against Obama for other reasons

P.S. Real life comparisons are sometimes helpful, but I think with this specific scenario, considering the way the discussion is currently is going, it would be better to drop this one.
    Um, there sure is plenty. Notice that plenty is not the same as most or majority?

10+ Year Old Account
    To those of you still going on about this ridiculous Lor'themar nonsense, here are some things to consider:

Back in the days of "Warcraft: Orcs and Humans" the whole focus was, you guessed it, Orcs vs. Humans.
    Fast forward to Warcraft II, when the Alliance was founded, WCII introduced Forest Trolls, High Elves, Gnomes, Goblins and Dwarves, and yet at its core, the game could be simplified from Red vs. Blue, to Orcs vs. Humans.
    On to WCIII, Trolls join the Horde, so do the Tauren, and yet, the "Red" Faction is still mainly Orcs, with an Orcish Leader, to balance out the "Blue" Human-centric faction with a Human leader (Jaina, at the time.)

Now let's look at why these other 5 races joined the Horde shall we?
    The Darkspear Tribe: Joined the Horde for protection from Murlocs and their Sea Witch, in addition to Thrall's Horde helping them out with the Alliance.
    Bloodhoof Tribe: Joined the Horde after Thrall and friends saved them from the Centaur, who, at the time, were pushing them to extinction.
    The Forsaken: Joined the Horde for Protection from the Scourge and Alliance.
    The Blood Elves: Joined the Horde for Forsaken protection against the Scourge, and (Predominantly) Orcish Protection during their pilgrimmage to Outland.
    Bilgewater Cartel: Joined the Horde for Protection from the Alliance.

As you can see, Orcs were a key player in getting the Trolls, Tauren, Blood Elves, and Goblins into the Horde, the only faction that DIDN'T rely on the Orcs so much was the Forsaken, who were originally vouched for by a Tauren (Though the Tauren was under the impression that the RAS was working on a "Cure" to undeath, and not the second plague)
    So it shouldn't be too difficult then, to comprehend, that even after taking into consideration the actions of Garrosh Hellscream, 4/5 of the non-Orc races have the Orcs to thank for not being killed off outright. Sure you can make the counter-argument that the Orcs needed the others just as much, but let's face it, Thrall's Horde wasn't being killed right and left, or living under the threat of invasion, the only thing that the Orcs really gained from this, was more territory, and the numbers to become a World Superpower.

Now, let's shift our focus to the potential Non-Orc canidates, and look, for now, ONLY at their stories:

Lor'themar Theron: Lor'themar has a distaste for politics in general and reluctantly accepted the title of Regent Lord. It was his call, to kick the High Elves out of Quel'thalas, simply because they wouldn't feed off from Fel Magic. Not only that, but he also nearly joined the Alliance, which would be considered Treason, which at the time, would've been considered Treason. So, we are expecting this guy to reunite the Horde AFTER he's shown that he can't even unite his people? Not to mention the fact that he seems to only care about the wellfare of "his" own people, that being the Blood Elves, I mean after all, it wasn't just Garrosh he would've stabbed in the back, it was also Baine and Vol'jin. He's not a terrible guy, as I've said before, but he's no Warchief.

Vol'jin: Vol'jin the leader of the rebellion, the one people say is "the most logical choice" for Warchief, yet, how can he be a Warchief, when he not only has problems with his own temptations, and contributing to the Horde, but also can't keep hold of what is his. In the novel "Vol'jin: Shadows of the Horde." (Which doesn't build him up to much, before anyone calls this absolute "proof") Vol'jin ALSO considers leaving the Horde just like Lor'themar, the only thing that dissuades him from this decision, is the fact that he realizes that the Zandalari are destined to fail in their quest of a "New Troll Empire", just like Lor'themar, he nearly stabbed his own "Family" in the back. Not only this, but he was content to let Garrosh Hellscream start an all out war without even speaking up, letting Baine Bloodhoof be the only voice of opposition to the destruction of Theramore. But we're not finished here, let's look back to when Thrall was Warchief, specifically the Northrend Campaign. The Horde was fighting against the Lich King who wanted to end ALL life on Azeroth, unlike the Orcs, Forsaken, or Tauren, Vol'jin sent a small force, hardly worth counting, simply because he was too busy trying to reclaim the Echo Isles, he prioritized a small domestic territorial issue (Which should have been handled LONG ago) over a World Ending threat. Not the best decision, and it was actually the reason that Garrosh disliked not only the Trolls, but Vol'jin in particular, right off the bat.

Baine Bloodhoof: Baine is interesting, simply because his heart is in the right place, and yet he's lacking in many fields. It was Baine who swore loyalty to the Horde even after the duel between Cairne and Garrosh (Granted THAT wasn't Garrosh's fault). Unfortunately, while sticking with the Horde through thick and thin, Baine just really isn't a leader. After the Grimtotem Tribe not only cost him his father, but nearly cost him his position, his city, and his people, Baine let's them go. After the battle is won, the Grimtotem's wounds are treated and they are given a choice, swear loyalty to the Horde, or be exiled. Even their leader Magatha Grimtotem, was exiled, the woman responsible for all of this, and yet Baine didn't deliver justice. Speaking of being Light-handed and exiles, let's look at the Camp Taurajo incident for a moment. The Horde and Alliance are at war, as such, Camp Taurajo is attacked by the Alliance, instead of counter attacking them, Baine simply orders a giant wall to be built, the Tauren that did seek vengeance for the dead of Taurajo, were exiled, for the "crime" of serving their faction. Baine might be a voice for diplomacy, but he lacks in every other field but diplomacy, not Warchief material.

Sylvanas Windrunner: We're ending the Horde vs. Alliance War, not Plague bombing them and pissing the rest of the world off (The Argent Crusade and Knights of the Ebon Blade). There is no chance that she will be Warchief.
    Jastor Gallywix: Likely to sell the entire Horde into slavery. Not a chance, he's hated by nearly everyone, Sylvanas, atleast, has her own people supporting her.

Overall, if you look at the Non-Orc contenders for Warchief, they are all lacking. Unless the story has become a popularity contest for the mindless, I don't think they'll get a shot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Um, there sure is plenty. Notice that plenty is not the same as most or majority?
    It's not the same as most or majority but the word plenty is an overstatement, and in this case is used as a blanket statement. Plus in the scenario in which you used it, I think you would be better off using "A few" or "Some". Regardless if we're down to arguing semantics here. This discussion is going nowhere, and will serve only to derail the thread. Feel free to P.M. me though if you want to continue saying "Plenty of Conservatives are Racist".

I personally would hope for no Warchief, not yet anyway. Give it time to cool down, not rush into and just... let things be as they are.

I won't mind not having a Warchief until maybe 5.5 or even the next expansion

I really liked your post Wildberry, it was nice to read, and I agree with most (if not all) of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    That analogy makes no sense at all.
    It would be like an alliance that was "always" led by country X, suddenly be led by country Y. (Always between "-s because there have been only TWO leaders)
    Well, no problem with that right..

The new Horde has only had two leaders, both happened to be Orcs and one went batshit crazy.
    Two Orcs don't make a pattern and a Blood Elf wouldn't be a "drastic" change.
    How does that analogy not make sense? The Horde is an orc organization where each clan is a separate entity (read: country) under the Warchief. It's like how each human kingdom was separate in the Alliance.