135 30.41%
  • Other

43 9.68%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Wasn't Elune the last, fifth, Old God?
    The current theory is that Elune is E'Lune, a blue-hued Naaru. Nightelf purists do not approve of this theory.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    Imprisoned within a titan cell - theme has been used thrice now.
    It's been always used so far precisely because that's what was done to the Old Gods. Though I wouldn't be surprised if N'zoth found a way (possibly using the energies of the Sundering) to create a rift in his prison.

By the way, am I the only one who thinks the '-alotha' bit of the name sounds oddly trollish?

10+ Year Old Account
    so, we shall spend most of our time in Mankrik's wife next expansion ? damn Blizzard has a weird sense of humour...

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    By the way, am I the only one who thinks the '-alotha' bit of the name sounds oddly trollish?
    Sounds elvish actually to me. Might explain that Nyalotha is a leftover of the old Night Elven city Zin'Aszhari or Suramar.

Elvish and Trollish naming conventions have certain similarities.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    Elvish and Trollish naming conventions have certain similarities.
    They do, especially with older elven settlements.

Perhaps Ny'alotha is the ancient-er than ancient, long-buried city of the Dark Trolls (predecesor to Night Elves).

http://wowpedia.org/Dark_troll

According to scattered reports, dark trolls have gray to black skin and lead a mostly subterranean existence.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

My money is on the wifey

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    Perhaps Ny'alotha is the ancient-er than ancient, long-buried city of the Dark Trolls (predecesor to Night Elves).

http://wowpedia.org/Dark_troll
    Could be, though I was thinking along the lines of an ancient titan complex taken over by N'zoth, who then fused his own fleshshaping powers with the titans' machinery and created the trolls.

It might be plausible that the titans somehow managed to ward their cities against the mindless minions of the Old Gods, like some form of external shield that prevents them entry. However, if an Old God managed to infest the entire complex and create a new form of life, one that doesn't bear the mark of either the titans or the Old Gods (and thus be free-willed), perhaps this new race could feasibly be manipulated into doing something foolish and enabling the Old Gods to escape.

Perhaps that might be how trolls came to be.

Mind you, this is entirely my tinfoil hat speculation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm leaning towards 'sunken city of the Old Gods' myself, and I expect it to rise from the depths to form some final raid zone at some point in the future.

I'm a bit curious to learn the nature of the 'black woods' though. I suspect that refers to the Emerald Nightmare.

Everything can be consumed. Including Cities. We saw the Sha "consume" our hopes and dreams, and exhale fear and anger.

Maybe N'Zoth has consumed his prison. Maybe Ny'Alotha is a city inside the black forest... and the Black Forest is N'Zoth.

The Emerald Dream is the world before "us" ... a Green lush forest... maybe the "Black Forest" is the Nightmare. And the Nightmare IS N'Zoth. Also maybe this is why we cannot completely destroy the old Gods, it would leave a gaping hole in the center of the Dream (the blueprint for our world). Inside the nightmare lies Ny'alotha... Only sleep. Sleeping City. If a city is in a dream, its "body" lies in the real world somewhere.

Think of this. L'ghorek, Nespirah, ... Ny'Alotha?

Imagine what happens when something like Nespirah were to get mad\feel fear near a Sha. Can you imagine the horror of something Sha touched that is that large? What if it has already happened... How would we stop "it". What if it was asleep and this Old God Corrupted "thing" was at the center of the Dream.

Also, We have seen the inside of old gods, they look kind of Nespirah like... sort of organy and fleshy. But the Sha are very unalike that. the "breath" of Y'Shaarj is more ghostly... It could possess things. We see when C'thun died, he was able to possess Cho'Gall, making him very eyeball covered and weird. I almost wonder what the inside of a old god possessed thing looks like. Whats inside a sha?
    Last edited by Concequence; 2013-09-06 at 05:38 PM.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post
    Think of this. L'ghorek, Nespirah, ... Ny'Alotha?

Imagine what happens when something like Nespirah were to get mad\feel fear near a Sha. Can you imagine the horror of something Sha touched that is that large? What if it has already happened... How would we stop "it". What if it was asleep and this Old God Corrupted "thing" was at the center of the Dream.
    That's actually a very good point. We know there was supposed to be a third, fully corrupted underwater demigod in the cancelled Abyssal Maw dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    If N'zoth is the theme of the next expansion wtb analog to the zombie invasion cept everyone turns into faceless ones instead of ghouls.
    It's like shifting from Romero to Carpenter. Everyone physically mutating in nauseating Old God's abominations would be wonderfully horrific.

About Ny'alotha, the name to me sounds like a lexical reference to this, but I belive that the effective nature of it is a more substantial reference to Cthulhu's city, which is underwater (like this Ny'alotha) so is indeed some sort of Old God's city for me, N'zoth's one probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure it'll just have ancient Night Elf architecture like Vashj'ir

They didn't get the mileage out of that sunken city anyway, and it would be amazing to see it in use.

We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be cool to have a 'Sha of Fear' style corruption effect on stuff, after seeing the neat black and white effect of the other Sha.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    It's like shifting from Romero to Carpenter. Everyone physically mutating in nauseating Old God's abominations would be wonderfully horrific.

About Ny'alotha, the name to me sounds like a lexical reference to this, but I belive that the effective nature of it is a more substantial reference to Cthulhu's city, which is underwater (like this Ny'alotha) so is indeed some sort of Old God's city for me, N'zoth's one probably.
    Nyarlathotep is also mentioned in "The Rats in the Walls" as a faceless god in the caverns of earth's center.

Finally, in "The Haunter of the Dark" (1936), the nocturnal tentacled, bat-winged monster dwelling in the steeple of the Starry Wisdom sect's church is identified as another form, or manifestation of, Nyarlathotep.

Certainly fits the "leaked" descriptions of "the Dark Below"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatherfork View Post
    Certainly fits the "leaked" descriptions of "the Dark Below"
    Which is exactly why I'm extremely sceptical about the whole thing. Plus the whole ZUL IS AN OLD GOD REALLY thing, which would sort of invalidate the entirety of MoP Zandalari lore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    so, we shall spend most of our time in Mankrik's wife next expansion ? damn Blizzard has a weird sense of humour...
    Ewww! Now that you put it that way it sounds like necrophilia. Of course it's my mistake for putting it in.

Is it just me, or does it remind me a lot of either: The sunken city (Lovecraft) or At the Mountains of Madness (also lovecraft)