Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

(Idea) Class-exclusive reps for skilled players

Something I would really like to see.
    The main point is that every class would get a very demanding quest chain like warlock green fire quest chain to check if one is skilled enough.
    After completing the chain you become a member of an elite organisation related to your class, for example:
    1. warlock -> council of the black harvest
    2. paladin -> argent crusade
    3. shamans -> earthen ring
    4. death knights -> maybe some council formed by kolthira, thassarian and orbaz?
    etc.

When you finally are a member of the organisation you gain access to:
    1. dailies with better rewards than ordinary ones.
    2. quest chains involving some lore events
    3. lore items (books, scrolls etc. so you can know about the org.'s origins and other stuff)
    4. vanity items: mounts, 2 transmog sets(so ppl will have a choice - more variety), tabards and other stuff related to your class.
    5. sparing with leaders(fighting kolthira/thassarian etc.) for nice rewards.
    6. class-specific legendary chain.

I am aware that it would require a lot of work from blizz to implement but I would really love to see it in-game. I hunger for some more Black Harvest action as only 2 members were shown so far and generally "training" with important lore characters such as Tirion or Thassarian would be cool imho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirAaron View Post
    4. death knights -> maybe some council formed by kolthira, thassarian and orbaz?
    etc.
    Not saying I don't like your idea, but Orbaz is dead, he was never a Knight of the Ebon Blade, he fled the battle of Light's Hope and was a named quest mob in Icecrown, Darion helps you kill him.

Deleted
    The main point is that every class would get a very demanding quest chain like warlock green fire quest chain to check if one is skilled enough.
    After completing the chain you become a member of an elite organisation related to your class, for example:
    Not saying your idea is bad but wow is hardly a "hard game" when you play it solo. If these quests were part of a heroic raid dungeon then maybe, but like the brawler guild or green fire is easy as hell and is more of a gear check rather than any actual skill.

It would just be another thing you have to complete when you reach max lvl. Don't get me wrong though, I'd love to see more of class/race specific quests. Simply to increase the diversity between all the races and classes. Rewarding the player with a title would be a kinda cool way of doing it. Like the berserker stance quest for warriors it was really cool to see someone wielding one of the whirlwind weapons and it really puts the warrior apart from everyone else.
    Last edited by mmoca9bf05c4ed; 2013-09-06 at 02:49 PM.

Deleted
    Yes! Yes, please.

Deleted
    I would love to see this, I'll never sell/destroy my "Legacy of the Masters, Part I" and I'd love to have all the rest of the parts, even if it would involve even more wiping than Kanrethad and no other rewards than lore.
    To expand on that idea: rogues kinda already have Ravenholdt, this could serve as a model for these factions - providing a class specific location, like a library for mages, a huge arena for warriors etc.

Hunter should get Farstrider rep yo! While Mages should get either Kirin Tor(A) or Sunreaver(H).

10+ Year Old Account
    So long as the rewards are purely cosmetic, sure. It's the kind of thing that should be optional, so I'd be totally against any kind of power increasing rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or... They could spend the time making something for the 99.9% not the 0.1%. That is the very reason townlong stepps exists. It was either make class quest or a whole zone.
    Aye mate

I'd love "heroic" quests or simply harder solo/group content with rewards that would serve as an alternative way to gear up. I'm not sure a class unique quest/rep is the way to go though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    I'd love "heroic" quests or simply harder solo/group content with rewards that would serve as an alternative way to gear up. I'm not sure a class unique quest/rep is the way to go though.
    Group content yes. Solo content no. Anything solo has no place in a massive muitiplayer online game. If you want solo things, go play solo games.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Or... They could spend the time making something for the 99.9% not the 0.1%. That is the very reason townlong stepps exists. It was either make class quest or a whole zone.
    I don't think the Warlock green fire quest is for the 0.1%; certainly with time anyone will be able to do it. It was great fun, and frankly I'd like to have something like that for my legion of alts, rather than do Townlong Steppes yet again...

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I dislike townlong steppes and I would have rather 10 class quests than a zone :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Group content yes. Solo content no. Anything solo has no place in a massive muitiplayer online game. If you want solo things, go play solo games.
    I think there's a place for it, so long as it's optional - i.e. no power increasing rewards. The solo-scenario gating of Isle of Thunder was absolutely a mis-step and shouldn't have happened; but Brawler's Guild and the green fire quest were all popular enough imho.

True. Maybe both then, a solo content which gives you a few things (could be purely cosmetic) and a group content (5 players tops) with gear rewards ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I don't think the Warlock green fire quest is for the 0.1%; certainly with time anyone will be able to do it. It was great fun, and frankly I'd like to have something like that for my legion of alts, rather than do Townlong Steppes yet again...
    If you could get the stats. Less then 0.1% would have green fire. Even 2 years from now. A few thousand players will have green fire while millions would have done townlong. You can see how blizzard thinks.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    If you could get the stats. Less then 0.1% would have green fire. Even 2 years from now. A few thousand players will have green fire while millions would have done townlong. You can see how blizzard thinks.
    What sort of percentage do you think get even close to the end of Brawler's Guild?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    What sort of percentage do you think get even close to the end of Brawler's Guild?
    Less then 0.001%. Brawler's guild was a waste of dev time. There are better things to spend time on.
    Aye mate

1. warlock -> council of the black harvest
    2. paladin -> argent crusade
    3. shamans -> earthen ring
    etc.

I am aware that it would require a lot of work from blizz to implement but I would really love to see it in-game. I hunger for some more Black Harvest action as only 2 members were shown so far and generally "training" with important lore characters such as Tirion or Thassarian would be cool imho.
    Nice idea in general but the rewards should be cosmetic only. A title, a mount, transmog gear, access to a guild hall etc.

I disagree, Brawler's guild is/was fun to do and I spent a lot of hours there. A good game is a game where everyone finds something that fits his goals, so developing content for the 0.1% is necessary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Not saying I don't like your idea, but Orbaz is dead, he was never a Knight of the Ebon Blade, he fled the battle of Light's Hope and was a named quest mob in Icecrown, Darion helps you kill him.
    Well I never knew what happened to him, guess I missed that quest in Icecrown.

Not saying your idea is bad but wow is hardly a "hard game" when you play it solo. If these quests were part of a heroic raid dungeon then maybe, but like the brawler guild or green fire is easy as hell and is more of a gear check rather than any actual skill.
    Well not really a gear check.. you had to come up with a nice tactic then make sure that you don't make any major mistake. You could complete it on low gear but it would be much harder to kill felhunters.
    Last edited by mmoc427bdc4f39; 2013-09-06 at 03:30 PM.