10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not buying that Bronco's D. They're good, but not best. The D-line was running through corridors and inflatable dummies on that ravens O line, basically tormenting the rookie RT. Secondary looks good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    I'm not buying that Bronco's D. They're good, but not best. The D-line was running through corridors and inflatable dummies on that ravens O line, basically tormenting the rookie RT. Secondary looks good though.
    To be fair, Denver is missing 2 of their better defensive players in VonMiller and Bailey.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ravens have a solid O Line and 2 of the elite blocking running backs in Ray Rice and Vontae Leach. The secondary was lights out. When Champ and Von get back it's going to be very scary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utinil View Post
    To be fair, Denver is missing 2 of their better defensive players in VonMiller and Bailey.
    Yeah, and people are knee jerk reacting to it.

Flacco played meh game, combine that with their receivers dropping and Jacoby Jones getting knocked the fuck out by his own team mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    The ravens have a solid O Line and 2 of the elite blocking running backs in Ray Rice and Vontae Leach. The secondary was lights out. When Champ and Von get back it's going to be very scary.
    You missed the part where their rookie RT was getting destroyed.

It's not often I have my fantasy matchup won on a Thursday, thank you Manning.

So long as Woodyard stays healthy (and Trevathan doesn't do that shit again) it won't really matter. Miller and Woodyard are two of the best cover LBs out there, and I suspect Denver's defense won't be asked to make big plays all that often.

//edit: and DRC seemed pretty comfortable on Torrey Smith after the first quarter. If he can keep that up then throwing options will be severely limited for other teams
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2013-09-06 at 05:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    It's not often I have my fantasy matchup won on a Thursday, thank you Manning.
    I like it better when this happens on a monday night, I was losing to my cousin by 30something points with only Vick left to play for my team and he had that game against Washington where he threw for 333 4TDs and ran for 80 and 2 TDs

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I like it better when this happens on a monday night, I was losing to my cousin by 30something points with only Vick left to play for my team and he had that game against Washington where he threw for 333 4TDs and ran for 80 and 2 TDs
    There is plenty of time for that. I prefer to ease into the season and save my Monday night heart attacks for week 5 or later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    So long as Woodyard stays healthy (and Trevathan doesn't do that shit again) it won't really matter. Miller and Woodyard are two of the best cover LBs out there, and I suspect Denver's defense won't be asked to make big plays all that often.

//edit: and DRC seemed pretty comfortable on Torrey Smith after the first quarter. If he can keep that up then throwing options will be severely limited for other teams
    I actually expected Torrey to have a somewhat decent game. They held him down well.

Its not like Denver needs a D right now. Seriously, that offense is super scary right now and there is still room for improvement.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post

DRC kicked some serious ass last night. If he keeps playing like that, Denver is going to have a pair of shutdown CBs to compliment their already ridiculous defensive front when Bailey is back.

Deleted
    Damnit, fell asleep when the Ravens were up 7-0. Even stayed up super late (3am) to watch the game.

I have no idea how you guys endure the insane amount of commercials. The danish version has like three times less commercials than the american version, but because there are no danish commentators (it being 3am and all) there are these "team icon breaks" where the ravens/broncons icon is shown with some crappy background music that just plays till the american commercial break is over.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually expected Torrey to have a somewhat decent game. They held him down well.

Its not like Denver needs a D right now. Seriously, that offense is super scary right now and there is still room for improvement.
    While I like Torrey Smith, I really think the hype around him is overblown (especially here in Balt.). Seems like the only time he can make any impact is when he can completely outrun a defensive back. His route running is average at best, so if a DB can keep up w/ him (or at least keep it close), he'll basically be nullified for the entire game.

I would really like to meet the FO guy who thought $6 Mil. was too much for Anquan. Also, watching both TE's drop ball after ball really made me miss Pitta. Games like this is why Dickson lost the starting job to Pitta in the first place.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    I have no idea how you guys endure the insane amount of commercials. The danish version has like three times less commercials than the american version, but because there are no danish commentators (it being 3am and all) there are these "team icon breaks" where the ravens/broncons icon is shown with some crappy background music that just plays till the american commercial break is over.
    NBC's stream just cuts out when ads roll for me (might be adblocker?) and I usually find something to do for a few minutes. Ended up with a stack of clean dishes and nicely-wiped countertops with a 75% vacuumed house.

Manning on pace for 112 TDs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Harbaugh on why he didn't challenge Welker's 3rd down drop in the 2nd half:

"This is the first I've heard of it," Ravens coach John Harbaugh said after the game. "That's something you have to see, it'd be nice if NBC would show it, but we didn't have a chance to look at it."
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the only way that Harbaugh could've really gotten that challenge flag out on time would be if he was watching the play or was listening to the DB who was wanting the challenge, the latter of which is normally a bad idea. Peyton knew and so had that offense to the next play as soon as he possibly could.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Honestly I think it was a good move for him not to go for the challenge flag immediately. Can't knee-jerk things like that in a head coaching position.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never said I disagreed, you lose a potentially valuable timeout if you whiff on the challenge, which in most cases is called for by a player slightly in denial. I would've waited for coaches upstairs to say "Hey John, challenge that play." But Cpt. Forehead is Maning the Elder, and he can get the next play set up incredibly quickly, he didn't want that call to be challenged, and then it was followed up by a huge play.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

never realized how short Wes Welker was until watching some highlights just a minute ago. Peyton has like a helmet and a half on him. Is he actually shorter than Panther's Steve Smith?

Also this thread is getting a little long. Should we start a new one for the season and just let this thing die since its 3 years old anyways.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2013-09-06 at 05:08 PM.

Well Manning is pretty tall too, 6'5" or 6'6" I believe.