Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

No! This Fight (Durumu in PTR) is Totally Easy Says the Guy Who....

...is iLevel 545 and has already beaten Durumu 8 times in Normal and 3 times in Heroic.

Wipe on Durumu in the LFR and people are pretty decent about it. A bunch of players asked for advice. Said that it was their first time and they had watched the video of the fight but it was still pretty confusing. All the over-geared tank could do was laugh and say how easy it is.

The thing that amazes me the most in multi-player games is how many players are completely unable to see things from the perspective of somebody with less experience. Or maybe it's just that their need to beat their own drum, feel superior and stroke their own ego is no intense that it overrides everything else.
    Last edited by Binko; 2013-09-06 at 11:03 PM.

Do you mean LFR? I'm confused. It IS very easy, however.

Bravo. It's been years, but someone finally got the courage to speak about jerks in LFR once more.

A parade! A parade! We must elect this man mayor!
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

I'm sorry, but if after leveling to 90 and gearing up to do LFR, if you STILL haven't realized that "stuff on ground" is generally (as in 90% of the time) bad for you...

...just...

...there are no words.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellhowl View Post
    Do you mean LFR? I'm confused. It IS very easy, however.
    Sorry, brain can't think about 2 things at once these days without jumbling them. Yes I mean LFR.

Mark a melee maze runner and range maze runner. Run where they run. How can this be hard?

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    I'm sorry, but if after leveling to 90 and gearing up to do LFR, if you STILL haven't realized that "stuff on ground" is generally (as in 90% of the time) bad for you...

...just...

...there are no words.
    Durumu LFR's difficulty has nothing to do with anything on the ground-- it has to do with that beam chasing you. The maze does practically no damage in LFR and too big a deal is made of it.

No, it is absolutely not easy to find your way to the clear paths in the fog during the death beam phase the first couple of times you are there. I'm sure, like most things, it will seem like a breeze once you do it a few times.

The responses on this thread reinforce my point. So many people simply cannot see things from the perspective of somebody who is doing something for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Mark a melee maze runner and range maze runner. Run where they run. How can this be hard?
    And you think LFR tanks will wait for you to explain that?

Face it, most of us died on the first maze we've seen, especially if you haven't looked at multiple vids of the fight beforehand. Get off your high horses and give people a chance. If after 2-3 deaths they don't get it, now you can consider that a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Durumu LFR's difficulty has nothing to do with anything on the ground-- it has to do with that beam chasing you. The maze does practically no damage in LFR and too big a deal is made of it.
    Yeah, but running in a circle isn't difficult.

People that die to his beam in LFR are AFK or staring at their action bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    ...is iLevel 545 and has already beaten Durumu 8 times in Normal and 3 times in Heroic.

Wipe on Durumu in the LFR and people are pretty decent about it. A bunch of players asked for advice. Said that it was their first time and they had watched the video of the fight but it was still pretty confusing. All the over-geared tank could do was laugh and say how easy it is.

The thing that amazes me the most in multi-player games is how many players are completely unable to see things from the perspective of somebody with less experience. Or maybe it's just that their need to beat their own drum, feel superior and stroke their own ego is no intense that it overrides everything else.
    It's like a tank I had in LFR before who had cleared heroic multiple times on an alt but refused to put markers or rearrange groups on lei shen because "we should all know what to do" and hes "not going to hold our hand"

Deleted
    its probably without a doubt the easiest fight in lfr

Deleted
    Hes right though, it is easy.

I'll agree that the first time you do and heck maybe even the 2nd and 3rd time you will probably die to it and thats fine. But my beef is with people who die to it and have done durumu 10+ times and basically it then comes down to either 2 issues:

They either have some serious learning disability and simply just cannot understand how the mechanic works

They just realised they keep dying to it and have given up trying and simply die to it and go afk while the competent players finish the boss for them

I recently did Durumu LFR this week in fact and as the first maze phase started i kid you not half the raid ran behind durumu and of course instantly died as the maze began to form and its not like this current tier is new and most of those players had full tier/VP gear. It really is just mind blowing.
    Last edited by mmoc50852f6455; 2013-09-06 at 11:24 PM.

If you're actively moving to get OUT of the bad on the ground, you *will* avoid the laser.

So...what was your point?

Plus the "lolstandinitbecauseitwon'treallykillyou" is overkill in in LFR. If you're expecting people to be bad enough TO stand in it, then the healers are bad enough to NOT heal through the damage...it *will* kill you without heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Salted Beef View Post
    Yeah, but running in a circle isn't difficult.
    It is because they think running through the safe path in the maze is important-- it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    If you're actively moving to get OUT of the bad on the ground, you *will* avoid the laser.

So...what was your point?
    The point is you're paying attention to something that isn't important over something that is important. Believe it or not, the laser is more important than the maze. You can run around in the maze wall all day and you still won't die.

Nearly every death on Durumu is someone actually walking into the laser.
    Last edited by arcaneshot; 2013-09-06 at 11:23 PM.

Deleted
    To be fair, having done this fight countless times, one thing always gets me: Exactly how & where does the maze first spawn? I group up with the melee which usually works, but it's never really been apparent exactly how the maze appears.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    No, it is absolutely not easy to find your way to the clear paths in the fog during the death beam phase the first couple of times you are there. I'm sure, like most things, it will seem like a breeze once you do it a few times.

The responses on this thread reinforce my point. So many people simply cannot see things from the perspective of somebody who is doing something for the first time.
    If there's a giant beam onto your face and is killing everyone near it what does the human brain think?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    You can't class LFR fights from easiest to hardest. There's Lei Shen and then there's the rest. I don't think I've ever wiped to Jin, Horridon, Council, Meg, Durumu, Prim, IQ or Council in LFR. Others maybe once?

There is no "easiest fight" if they're all easy.

Edit: Just came back a month and a half ago. There were probably more wipes at the beginning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

It is because they think running through the safe path in the maze is important-- it's not.

The point is you're paying attention to something that isn't important over something that is important. Believe it or not, the laser is more important than the maze. You can run around in the maze wall all day and you still won't die.
    Again...if you're moving out of the bad, you're still avoiding the laser.

I mean, is it really hard to look at ground and go, "oh, no purple stuffs here...SHIT LASER STILL COMING, KEEP MOVING!"

And *still*, you're not making ANY sense. If the only deadly part is the laser (*if*), and people STILL die to it due to not being able to run in a circle...then they're EVEN WORSE than the people that stay in the purple shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    ... other than every single other fight in there, right?
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu