Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    Again...if you're moving out of the bad, you're still avoiding the laser.

I mean, is it really hard to look at ground and go, "oh, no purple stuffs here...SHIT LASER STILL COMING, KEEP MOVING!"

And *still*, you're not making ANY sense. If the only deadly part is the laser (*if*), and people STILL die to it due to not being able to run in a circle...then they're EVEN WORSE than the people that stay in the purple shit.
    It was mentioned in this thread... If your healers aren't very good (bound to happen in LFR) then purple shit WILL kill you. Or if your healers are like me and let people who do stupid shit die and not heal them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    You can't class LFR fights from easiest to hardest. There's Lei Shen and then there's the rest. I don't think I've ever wiped to Jin, Horridon, Council, Meg, Durumu, Prim, IQ or Council in LFR. Others maybe once?

There is no "easiest fight" if they're all easy.

Edit: Just came back a month and a half ago. There were probably more wipes at the beginning.
    yes there is an "easiest fight" because its the one that is the easiest out of all the rest, do you understand?

It was mentioned in this thread... If your healers aren't very good (bound to happen in LFR) then purple shit WILL kill you. Or if your healers are like me and let people who do stupid shit die and not heal them.
    Yes, I know.

I'm the one that mentioned it.

This tier(ToT) Blizzard forced me to create a few macros to make my life less painful, and at the same time semi-explain boss mechanics.. lol

Like on Lei Shen;
    /rw Person with arrow above them; stack with melee
    /rw Person grows big, either run into their circle or run far away
    /rw Thundery circles run away
    /rw Blue Swirly Circles, Stand in it..

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    It is because they think running through the safe path in the maze is important-- it's not.
    I'm not debating the fog being survivable in LFR--I know it is--but I refer the public to this Calvin & Hobbes comic:

When running the maze, stick to the inside track. There's no reason for the beam to catch up with anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Girouette View Post
    To be fair, having done this fight countless times, one thing always gets me: Exactly how & where does the maze first spawn? I group up with the melee which usually works, but it's never really been apparent exactly how the maze appears.
    When he whips out the beam, as the fog begins to appear around the floor, look for the pie-slice with squiggly lines zipping around in it. That's where the maze begins.

Here is a diagram: http://imgur.com/YltD2hl
    Last edited by Salted Beef; 2013-09-06 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    yes there is an "easiest fight" because its the one that is the easiest out of all the rest, do you understand?
    And what makes this fight harder than say, Council? Jin'Rokh? Prim?

Heck Prim, even in normal, can be killed with every raider standing still and pumping out heals/damage. It doesn't really get easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Girouette View Post
    To be fair, having done this fight countless times, one thing always gets me: Exactly how & where does the maze first spawn? I group up with the melee which usually works, but it's never really been apparent exactly how the maze appears.
    When the beam first spawns go stand on it and look left/right until you see the maze spawn, then follow it ! It's actually really fucking simple yet so many idiots (bots) in LFR just stand there and let the beam hit them and kill them.
    Last edited by rated; 2013-09-06 at 11:37 PM.

Deleted
    And what makes this fight harder than say, Council? Jin'Rokh? Prim?

Heck Prim, even in normal, can be killed with every raider standing still and pumping out heals/damage. It doesn't really get easier.
    all you have to do is attack boss and run in a circle.

other bosses have you doing more then that, primordius you gotta stack buffs after they run out, and make sure you dont step in the purple shit, thats more effort.

jin'rokh you gotta move out the lightning storm thing, stand in the buff water, move from ball lightning or whatever it is.

council you gotta switch targets to attack, kill adds, dodge sand shit, move when you got debuff.

all require more effort than durumu which has 1 tactic: run in a circle when needed

Deleted
    someone saying LFR is hard. You serious bro?

The only toxic thing I can see in this whole issue is that "I'm sorry I'm here for the first time" is used more and more and even more as an excuse, no as a wildcard to justify failing without even trying. Don't get me wrong, you may die on Durumu all you want, but some people need a sharp reminder that their actions have consequences and cost other players time and nerves. Yes, the same time most of the LFR raiders claim they don't have and can't invest into real raiding. I'd think about that for a moment.

At least, maybe this Flex raid thing results in something I'd love to see if I could, leaving LFR to the LFR type raider alone. I wonder how far 25 people stating "I'm sorry I'm here for the first time" after every wipe will get.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    The point is you're paying attention to something that isn't important over something that is important. Believe it or not, the laser is more important than the maze. You can run around in the maze wall all day and you still won't die.
    So you say. But if players try to be good scouts and read the online guides and watch the videos they all place enormous emphasis on following the clear path through the maze. And, in the two times that I've done this fight, nobody has said a word about not worrying about the maze but just staying ahead of the death beam.

So how in the world would you expect people to know something like this. In the LFR that I was in this morning I think it was an over-geared tank, a handful of players who had done it once or twice and a whole flock of people there for the first time.

Basically people were dying while doing their best to follow the mechanics of the fight. If this happened in Normal you would consider it part of the learning process. But when it happens in LFR you consider everyone an idiot and think that they should magically know something that they have no way of knowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    its probably without a doubt the easiest fight in lfr
    Durumu is without a doubt one, if not the, hardest fights in LFR, mainly due to the maze which players needs to experience a couple of times before learning it to perfection. Addtionally there's the colorphase, which confuses several players as they do not know what to do with it when they have the beam on them.

On-Topic: I can understand the overgeared tank who just want to get done with it, he probably raids Heroic normally, so the way people slack in LFR and fool around is most likely annoying to him. Though he could've probably taken 1 minute to explain the basics, for the better of the group.

I feel you OP, but I'm quite sure that people don't join LFR's to "stroke their own ego" as you put it. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    So you say. But if players try to be good scouts and read the online guides and watch the videos they all place enormous emphasis on following the clear path through the maze. And, in the two times that I've done this fight, nobody has said a word about not worrying about the maze but just staying ahead of the death beam.

So how in the world would you expect people to know something like this. In the LFR that I was in this morning I think it was an over-geared tank, a handful of players who had done it once or twice and a whole flock of people there for the first time.

Basically people were dying while doing their best to follow the mechanics of the fight. If this happened in Normal you would consider it part of the learning process. But when it happens in LFR you consider everyone an idiot and think that they should magically know something that they have no way of knowing.
    I can't think of any situation where a giant laser headed my way would be beneficial to me.

Fuck's sake. My DOGS get scared and run away when I flick a lighter at them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    Durumu is without a doubt one, if not the, hardest fights in LFR, mainly due to the maze which players needs to experience a couple of times before learning it to perfection. Addtionally there's the colorphase, which confuses several players as they do not know what to do with it when they have the beam on them.

On-Topic: I can understand the overgeared tank who just want to get done with it, he probably raids Heroic normally, so the way people slack in LFR and fool around is most likely annoying to him. Though he could've probably taken 1 minute to explain the basics, for the better of the group.

I feel you OP, but I'm quite sure that people don't join LFR's to "stroke their own ego" as you put it. =)
    both phases of the fight require you to run in a circle, its not hard at all

Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    If there's a giant beam onto your face and is killing everyone near it what does the human brain think?
    Are you seriously thinking that someone dying to beam this late in patch is actually in possession of a human brain? or even if they are do they know how to use it?

LFR durumu has one flaw and that is the color phase being completely different from norm/HC. other things are laughable (like almost no DMG from color beams and maze)

Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    I wonder how far 25 people stating "I'm sorry I'm here for the first time" after every wipe will get.
    maybe not far, but I cant wait to see it (if someone will actualy be masochist enough to go there and stream)
    Last edited by Dukenukem; 2013-09-06 at 11:46 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukem View Post
    Are you seriously thinking that someone dying to beam this late in patch is actually in possession of a human brain? or even if they are do they know how to use it?

LFR durumu has one flaw and that is the color phase being completely different from norm/HC. other things are laughable (like almost no DMG from color beams and maze)
    Hey humans are extraordinary creatures! Well... some of them :P

Deleted
    Don't stand in the eye beam, that's all you have to do in LFR as a newbie. If new people can't do that then they don't deserve to be helped in the first place.

It's not the tanks job either to explain it, he might be a jerk but that doesn't change the fact that 23 other people could have explained it in 5 secs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainatan View Post
    Why do "less experienced" players feel entitled to have others giving them personal explanations of the fight and holding their hands during the encounter?
    Calling others elitists and ego-boasters is such a defensive stance.
    It is a multiplayer game, it means each player does his part.
    Also this. If asked I'l always explain, but if I wouldn't that wouldn't make me elitist. I explain because I choose to, not because "it's the right thing to do".

Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post

Again, if you can't dodge a beam that big then you deserve to kicked...new player or not. If a players best is shit, then hes shit. Why should other people carry them?
    Last edited by mmoc6f961e454e; 2013-09-06 at 11:48 PM.

Deleted
    while you're whining about durumu, I'm having a blast whiping on Garalon lfr lol :d

Quote Originally Posted by Ainatan View Post
    Why do "less experienced" players feel entitled to have others giving them personal explanations of the fight and holding their hands during the encounter?
    Calling others elitists and ego-boasters is such a defensive stance.
    It is a multiplayer game, it means each player does his part.
    In any other area of human experience in my entire life where people are in a group attempting to accomplish a goal the more experienced people would just naturally offer up their advice and experience so that things go more smoothly. My god, it's like some of you have never done anything in life besides play video games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even after watching videos, it took me a few tries to understand how the maze worked.

Now it's easy, of course, but there is a learning curve there. Bitching about people going through that phase hurts everyone.