Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binko View Post
    No, it is absolutely not easy to find your way to the clear paths in the fog during the death beam phase the first couple of times you are there. I'm sure, like most things, it will seem like a breeze once you do it a few times.

The responses on this thread reinforce my point. So many people simply cannot see things from the perspective of somebody who is doing something for the first time.
    No, the maze was easy the first time around, if you find it difficult, in LFR, of ALL things, I would suggest trying a different game.

Deleted
    In any other area of human experience in my entire life where people are in a group attempting to accomplish a goal the more experienced people would just naturally offer up their advice and experience so that things go more smoothly. My god, it's like some of you have never done anything in life besides play video games.
    People are free to do so, and it's nice if they do. But if they don't want to, then it's not a bad thing either. Some people wanna play for themselves and don't care about others...

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Even after watching videos, it took me a few tries to understand how the maze worked.

Now it's easy, of course, but there is a learning curve there. Bitching about people going through that phase hurts everyone.
    Yes, but the problem is the maze doesn't kill you, the eye does...so people are failing to a giant as beam and not to the maze. Hence if you die during that fight you just suck. You can easily learn the maze over time if you just don't get hit by the beam.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Now it's easy, of course, but there is a learning curve there. Bitching about people going through that phase hurts everyone.
    It surely is not a nobrainer, but if you see some people going through the learning phase for several weeks! than you might start to wonder what they do with such slow thinking in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Durumu LFR's difficulty has nothing to do with anything on the ground-- it has to do with that beam chasing you. The maze does practically no damage in LFR and too big a deal is made of it.
    Nonsense. The cloud will kill you in LFR, even if you get healed. Different story if you rotate defensives just to prove a point.

In any other area of human experience in my entire life where people are in a group attempting to accomplish a goal the more experienced people would just naturally offer up their advice and experience so that things go more smoothly. My god, it's like some of you have never done anything in life besides play video games.
    Don't think the people you're addressing respond well to logic. In fact, speak logic and they would skip you all together. I'm a lot like you, to be honest. It astounds me how some people are unable to see things from the perspective of other new/inexperienced players. Same thing happens in the forums here but takes another form. People would completely disregard the very clear message someone is trying to convey and instead they would bash/ridicule their grammar skills. Jeeez have you never tried to learn a language in your life?!? It's not a button you click and magically you're a fluent speaker/experienced player.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Basemath View Post
    Nonsense. The cloud will kill you in LFR, even if you get healed. Different story if you rotate defensives just to prove a point.

Don't think the people you're addressing respond well to logic. In fact, speak logic and they would skip you all together. I'm a lot like you, to be honest. It astounds me how some people are unable to see things from the perspective of other new/inexperienced players. Same thing happens in the forums here but takes another form. People would completely disregard the very clear message someone is trying to convey and instead they would bash/ridicule their grammar skills. Jeeez have you never tried to learn a language in your life?!? It's not a button you click and magically you're a fluent speaker/experienced player.
    wrong. i stand in that shit all the time

Its perfectly acceptable for people to die the first few times going through durumu's maze. The maze actually does do a bit of damage so you cant just stand in the wrong spot the whole time and get healed through it. Its kinda tough to see if you don't know what you are looking for and 25 people are scampering about. Though I refuse to believe that half my raid EVERY SINGLE TIME I GO THROUGH LFR is that new to it... It's not hard once you have done it a few times, but that first few times until you realize what you are looking for can be kinda confusing. Learned it myself in a few attempts on normal and than never died to it again.

Its kinda like Elegon floor, but slightly less obvious.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    Right. After you maximize WoW and you see a ress request, chances are you died while standing in that shit.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Basemath View Post
    Right. After you maximize WoW and you see a ress request, chances are you died while standing in that shit.
    nah because there is usually some healers doing their job

No, it is absolutely not easy to find your way to the clear paths in the fog during the death beam phase the first couple of times you are there. I'm sure, like most things, it will seem like a breeze once you do it a few times.

The responses on this thread reinforce my point. So many people simply cannot see things from the perspective of somebody who is doing something for the first time.
    One of the problems is that if you raid.. and you come to a boss like him the first time. Everyone dies.. they laugh.. hopefully someone lives long enough that you can tell that it is a maze that you must run through. You do it again.. a bunch of people die, you laugh on vent.. blah blah.. after 4 times.. there is still ´that guy´ who dies to it.. you joke with, a few people try to explain it better. maybe a friend marks themselves.

In LFR the first few weeks, you have a ton of raiders who have already ´failed´ on it a few times with their friends.. but now to them, it is easy. The people who are now seeing it for the 1-3 times, do not have friends failing with them also, they have strangers, many of which are not failing, and the others who are failing with them are certainly not friends.

Not saying they should change the schedule of LFR or anything like that. But with mechanisms like the Maze, everyone fails a few times, but raiders get to do it with friends before they ever have to do it on LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...is iLevel 545 and has already beaten Durumu 8 times in Normal and 3 times in Heroic.

Wipe on Durumu in the LFR and people are pretty decent about it. A bunch of players asked for advice. Said that it was their first time and they had watched the video of the fight but it was still pretty confusing. All the over-geared tank could do was laugh and say how easy it is.

The thing that amazes me the most in multi-player games is how many players are completely unable to see things from the perspective of somebody with less experience. Or maybe it's just that their need to beat their own drum, feel superior and stroke their own ego is no intense that it overrides everything else.
    Yes, there's a problem with people not explaining stuff or people actually listening/learning.

I had the same problem with LFD's Zul'Aman snake boss...

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    Classic raider in LFR. Doing stupid crap to make LFR worse for everyone else just to prove how good he is.

The maze will kill you depending on your gear.. it is simple math. Yeah, if you are 545 ilvl and using cds.. you can survive.. But guess what, the new 90s who are doing it that don´t know it, are probably 480ish and they are concentrating on the maze, not on rotating cds perfectly... derp Congratulations, you earned and achievement that doesn´t exist for doing a fight the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by Vren View Post
    Yes, there's a problem with people not explaining stuff or people actually listening/learning.

I had the same problem with LFD's Zul'Aman snake boss...
    Again: stuff on ground = bad.

It's a pretty basic concept.

Just because it's a pretty little maze (snake), or a giant laser of death/purple stuff (Durumu), or freakin' lightning doesn't mean the concept has changed AT ALL.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Classic raider in LFR. Doing stupid crap to make LFR worse for everyone else just to prove how good he is.

The maze will kill you depending on your gear.. it is simple math. Yeah, if you are 545 ilvl and using cds.. you can survive.. But guess what, the new 90s who are doing it that don´t know it, are probably 480ish and they are concentrating on the maze, not on rotating cds perfectly... derp Congratulations, you earned and achievement that doesn´t exist for doing a fight the wrong way.
    it doesn't really matter how i do the fight, i never die on it so therefore i win

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    LFR can be made "Worse" due to a raider slacking off, just because the damn thing is a joke?

Maybe you and I are different, then, because I'd think it's the people that go in there and struggle on easy stuff that is worse than one raider not doing his job.

10+ Year Old Account
    My god, it's like some of you have never done anything in life besides play video games.
    Ooh, already sunk to name calling, I think in a debate that would be called ad-hom.

Here's a helpful hint, it doesn't take time to be a good player anymore, the people telling you that you are entitled and stupid, probably have just as much of a productive social life as you. Sorry you like to play the victim and be dead weight.

Also, since you delved into the ad-hom. territory first, allow me to say, if you find LFR difficult in any way shape or form, you should consider sterilizing yourself.

Deleted
    A bunch of players asked for advice.
    That's something I've never seen in LFR for the whole expansion. If someone comes up to me and asks politely what they can do to improve I will help them to the best I can even if it takes a long time. However all I see in LFR are people not caring about doing mechanics and lashing out if someone points it out.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    That's something I've never seen in LFR for the whole expansion. If someone comes up to me and asks politely what they can do to improve I will help them to the best I can even if it takes a long time. However all I see in LFR are people not caring about doing mechanics and lashing out if someone points it out.
    Then pretty much go all out ''I haven't even done this you basement dweller'' LOL or something so genetic It's amazing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    Then pretty much go all out ''I haven't even done this you basement dweller'' LOL or something so genetic It's amazing.
    Yea something in that tone, or the all time favorite ''I farm this on heroic on my main'' is pretty cringe worthy as well.

But the point I was trying to make was that I never see people who want to change or improve. Of course I don't go up to every single person to ask if they want help with something, but no one seems to take the initiative.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2013-09-07 at 01:21 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I tend to lag on this fight in LFR, because of the maze and the issues with healing causing a drop in performance. Since it's only LFR, I run through the smoke. (=)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Yea something in that tone, or the all time favorite ''I farm this on heroic on my main'' is pretty cringe worthy as well.

But the point I was trying to make was that I never see people who want to change or improve. Of course I don't go up to every single person to ask if they want help with something, but no one seems to take the initiative.
    I think this because most LFR raiders simply don't care about their performance. I've thought a lot about why it seems the overwhelming majority of players arnt very good at this game and i think it comes down to a few points really.

First of all people who raid LFR exclusively really don't care about their performance in the slightest, these are the sort of people who use the default Blizzard UI with 1 still bound to auto attack. They don't have any form of DPS meter so they have absolutely no idea how they're preforming against other players and if they see 100k damage appear on their screen (this is ofc assuming they actually enabled floating combat text) then they will automatically assume they're doing acceptable damage to the boss.

People will hide behind the "I have a life" excuse as if it somehow shields them and grants them the ability to be terrible and for that to be acceptable. But when I look at it a lot of things become clear. If I had to raid with the absolute default UI with no key bindings and no auras to track my cds and trinket procs and whatever else is valuable knowledge to me i would probably not be playing great either.

I don't think any of this is an excuse for LFR raiders to be bad but i feel like a lot of top players cant really fathom it because they're use to playing with key binds and having addons to enhance their play style and ultimately their dps.

I guess this dwells a little off-topic and people will say "well none of this explains why they cant run through a maze" and I agree it doesn't but at my first point i said they most of the time they really don't care and I honestly believe im right.