Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Disruptron HC vs Lei Shen HC.

Battle of Gods, which is harder.

This assumes you have no healthstones, very few buffs, and your not a warlock for Disruptron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    in terms of mechanical difficulty? Lei Shen.
    In terms of actual difficulty? Lei Shen.
    In terms of percieved difficulty? Disruptron.
    It's only hard if you unbind Jump.

/thread
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post

/thread
    The lasers were the only hard bit about Disruptron? I felt like the discs coming from all directions was the only dangers.

Deleted
    Assuming you don't use Levitate, and you don't have 550 ilvl, Disruptron is harder in my opinion, but that's mostly because it's heavily bugged.

Seeing as how you can just stand at the back and play disruptron only worrying about horizontal jumps for the entirety of the encounter I'm going to say Lei Shen. Now if you said the warlock green fire boss at 460-480 ilvl that is probably the most difficult PvE encounter of this expansion.

/thread
    I've killed him after MANY attempts, but I was never hit by lasers, only balls sub 30% because hitbox detection.

/thread
    Guess it wasn't totally unexpected when i hitted your armory link and saw you play hunter. Hint: He said "not warlock for disruptron" due to cast while moving at no penalty. Guess other class that can do that?

Also you may want to try on ~480 ilvl, as he's been there since 5.1, and not with your current gear, as you got your achi on 21/8, and with 536 ilvl only disruptron has a chance of killing you, as both milhouse and epicus enrages are not an issue, and the eye one (forgot the name) never was.
    Last edited by Inthislzon; 2013-09-07 at 06:47 PM.

Deleted

/thread
    Are you a melee dps?
    Are you horde?

If you can answer no to either of these questions, then you do not know how difficult Disruptron can be.

Disruptron is harder (in my opinion) for a solo player versus the same solo player "doing his job" for Lei Shen. Lei Shen is hard not just because the job each individual player has to do is hard, but a single mistake from a single player (out of 10 or 25) can set your raid back or just wipe it completely.

Disruptron has its issues as a melee (retribution paladin in ~510 gear) namely 1) if he does penta-phasic disruptor first, and 2) there are "invisible discs" that occur from disc graphics disappearing but the hitbox not actually despawning, which can kill you very quickly without even having an apparent combat log entry (you will see nothing, just that out of nowhere you went splat). However Lei Shen does have its issues (he can sometimes not cast lightning whip and sometimes the winds will be de-synced from his normal ability order) but they generally do not make the fight much harder (if anything only easier).

Also Lei Shen has its moments of requiring very fast reaction times, it's not an easy class for a solo player especially if done 5.4. Even outgearing it, there are challenges I had as a healer that did involve split-second timing and decision making. And I think I had an easy job.

So yeah, apples and oranges...
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-09-07 at 06:59 PM.

I'd say Hexos was up there if he wasn't so cheap.
    Hexos is easy for some and objectively impossible for others.

I have a friend who vomited after like ~30 attempts, and he hasn't ever had any sort of epileptic attack before that

I'm a ret pally. I vote Disruption.

As a Horde Melee: Disruptron.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say that Kanrethad (the green fire boss) in 460-480 ilvl is more difficult in terms of mechanics/execution. Disruptron as a Horde melee was damn near impossible, until I shuriken toss'd him to death while hugging the wall (in 540 ilvl). Lei shen is such a cogwheel fight...one person botches, huge set back/wipe.

Disruptron if you are Melee and are unable to easily outgear him.

Aside from that, without any Vids or something available, Lei Shen Hc because figuring out which conduct abilities should be carried over into P3 is a huge pain.

Quote Originally Posted by -Raer- View Post
    I'd say that Kanrethad (the green fire boss) in 460-480 ilvl is more difficult in terms of mechanics/execution. Disruptron as a Horde melee was damn near impossible, until I shuriken toss'd him to death while hugging the wall (in 540 ilvl). Lei shen is such a cogwheel fight...one person botches, huge set back/wipe.
    I remember equipping a stam trinket to kill him, so beams didn't 1shot (~30k HP left) and i could eat 2 disks in a row with some CD. That's what made my kill at 485 ilvl.

From the PoV of 1 solo player and what he has to do, Disrupton is harder (especially for melee), however in terms of practice and a whole raid executing it then Lei Shen is harder.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

10M HP with 120 seconds enrage make a DPS requeriment of 83k DPS, with double pot, full raid buffs and flask is not even hard. A 463 geared toon played by a skilled guy could probably manage that on target dummy. Also keep in mind people are now doing well over 200k on Animus right now (on zerg strat) and 100k wasn't uncommon during early heroics on MSV/HoF/ToES, and that's where you were with 485.

The hard part is dodging everything WHILE maintaining such DPS, but since i could survive one hit (and chi wave back to full health) avoiding every single disk wasn't neccesary, also ToK + fort brew for the last ~10% and pray RNG doesn't fuck you.

Also i could stun (either via FoF or via leg sweep) every single cast, so no need to move out of melee

EDIT: Forgot to mention, out of those 10M HP, a bit more than 2 were done via 2*ToK (one GCD, no resource cost, around ~600k each) and ToD (glyphed, again one GCD and no resource cost, another ~650k as i used fort brew for second ToK + ToD). That leaves 8 million HP on 120 seconds. I'm sure almost anyone can do 66k DPS with full raid buffs and double pot during 2 minutes with that ilvl XD

EDIT 2: The post i was answering to got deleted, it was from a guy claiming it couldn't be done, guess i'll just leave this here, in case someone else wonders if it's possible
    Last edited by Inthislzon; 2013-09-07 at 10:52 PM.

As one of the handful of melee that beat him pre-5.2, easily disruptron.

Deleted
    Why would he be more difficult as horde?

Haven't had a chance to do HC Lei Shen specifically, but Disruptron (at appropriate 5.1 gear level) is easily much harder from an individual perspective than any HC raid boss I've done so far.
    Chiqaboom / Proudmoore-US