Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What browser do you use and why?

I was thinking about changing from Chrome to something else, not sure which one though.

I've heard that Iceweasel is good, but I don't know if it's avaiable for windows...
    Anyway, do any of you have recommendations?

Deleted
    why would you change from chrome? that's sillytalk

Quote Originally Posted by Demez View Post
    why would you change from chrome? that's sillytalk
    It's a shillbot.

Chrome, I started using it because of the screen space on my laptop, but kinda fell in love with they layout even when I got my desktop up and running again

Deleted
    Firefox, addon support in Firefox is far superior to chromes. I use to use both chrome and firefox, mainly firefox for addons, but ever since like version 20, firefox has becomes miles faster then chrome, so I uninstalled chrome and used only firefox, not turned back ever since.

http://www.unrealengine.com/html5/

Good luck doing that on chrome :P
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2013-09-08 at 12:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Firefox. Started using it back in the day as an alternative to Internet Explorer. Been using it so long I'm just use to it. I'm really not sure what an other browser could offer me that could make my life easier. They all seem the same.
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

Chrome.
    Because I like that I don't even have to go to google anymore for a google search without a weird extra bar added.

I used to use Internet Explorer, because it got me from site to site, but then something wouldn't work on it, I forget what, I think it was some stupid flash game...so I switched over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post

My Chrome handled that just fine... Benchmarked at 59.6 average FPS.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...next,3534.html

Chrome still holds the lead in most categories, as shown in this review, with Firefox just behind. Firefox wins on startup time.
    Last edited by Tzalix; 2013-09-08 at 01:06 AM.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Chrome main, Firefox secondary when Chrome (rarely) derps out

I know I'm preparing for flame here, but I still use IE, mainly because I couldn't care less to switch to something else

Chrome, I used firefox for years but it started to freeze and stuff. It was great until version 4 or something. Chrome has less addons then firefox but it has been more stable and I like the google-account integration. Its really convenient that my bookmarks get saved on my computer and phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike-n-Ike234 View Post
    I know I'm preparing for flame here, but I still use IE, mainly because I couldn't care less to switch to something else
    Don't worry, the last few versions of IE have been good. They just doesn't have as many addons as chrome or firefox.
    Last edited by Blupparen; 2013-09-08 at 01:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I'm playing: Chrome on my 2nd monitor. I just love the layout.
    If I just want to browse the interwebs: IE App for Windows 8

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    Firefox, addon support in Firefox is far superior to chromes. I use to use both chrome and firefox, mainly firefox for addons, but ever since like version 20, firefox has becomes miles faster then chrome, so I uninstalled chrome and used only firefox, not turned back ever since.

I use Chrome myself.

Also, that webpage works perfectly on Chrome. I must have good luck then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chrome.
    Fast. Easy. Can use those skins to change it up from time to time.
    Top box is an easy search to google.
    Seemingly the fastest. Everything else seems to take ages compared to it.

Also I don't give a single damn about browser games. So they don't phase my interest to change.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Firefox used it for years has been reliable and great all those years, especially with a few nice addons to block ads etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post

I was thinking about changing from Chrome to something else, not sure which one though.

I've heard that Iceweasel is good, but I don't know if it's avaiable for windows...
    Anyway, do any of you have recommendations?
    Stick with Chrome and also:

Which browser do you use (pole)
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2013-09-08 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike-n-Ike234 View Post
    Im in the same boat as this guy

Firefox's UI is more polished

Example: http://i.imgur.com/6eItE1w.png

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Firefox's UI is more polished

Example: http://i.imgur.com/6eItE1w.png
    That proves nothing except that you haven't ever gone to that page on Chrome. Chrome would bring it up if you ever visited it, I do it all the time with the WoW forums....also you typed in comput on the top while you didn't in Chrome...

I'm really confused as to what you're getting at....unless it's the slight highlights on keywords, which feels pointless anyway.

Firefox for most stuff due to having less overhead than chrome (not to mention being more adaptable) but I do use Chrome for watching Netflix and others,,, That's mostly because silverlight is horrificly unstable and not due to any fault of firefox ^^*

As for IceWeavel, you might be able to compile it for the windows enviorment but considering that its just a rebranding from Debian's side you might as well use Firefox.
    Part of the multi legendary crowd. Resto Drood from Silvermoon-EU Nesandur