Question about World of Logs

Is it possible to filter out damage to a specific target? My guild has been working on heroic Horridon and I was wondering if there was a way to show damage done without including that dealt to the boss so we can see who focusing adds well and IF people are padding dps by spending extra time on the boss.

Click on damage done > Select a player > Damage by actor.

It will tell you how much damage was done by that person to each mob.

Lol Deja that's true but maybe the person is weaker on adds that then are on the boss. That doesn't tell him if they aren't hitting adds (much).

Sounds annoying but you can go check what each player hit and see if they switched to adds for the correct duration. But you'd have to check how long those adds lasted and you'd have to check player by player.

At least, that's the best solution I can think of that's in my power.

Deleted
    I know this isn't the answer you seek, but I just want to mention that not all classes are equally helpful on adds. I, for example, am a feral druid. It makes no sense for me to switch to the first two adds on each door, as they will die before I can even do 40% of my average dps on them.
    I'd rather have that damage be spent on the boss than wasted.

In fact you should probably not count low damage on the secondary adds (for door 1 and two) as something bad. Those adds are not a challenge as long as you do some damage to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Lol Deja that's true but maybe the person is weaker on adds that then are on the boss.
    Next time I'll put in a disclaimer Some judgement may need to be exercised when checking logs because some classes excel more at adds than others He asked how to get the numbers. It's a no brainer you need to exercise judgement when interpreting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    That doesn't tell him if they aren't hitting adds (much).
    What metric would you suggest other than damage done to adds? Is a priest running over to a mob and meleeing it for the full duration of its life somehow helpful? I don't care how much an add was hit, I care how much it was hurt.