Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What are you all doing before the patch?

Itll be here in just a couple days--and theres the Barrens ending, SoO opening on normal, the Timeless Isle, and the last chance pet-trainers have to catch Golden Civets and other Vale creatures before Failrosh wrecks the place. (that animal bit wasnt said by a blue post, im just assuming it). So how are you preparing for the patch?

I gotta farm those troll 'shoes' from the barrens, and maybe that snake flute if theres time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Trying to get Amber Direhorn while I can, because in 5.4 Warlocks are getting a huge Soul Link, and Soul Leech nerf.

Already have Jade, and Slate.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got honestly nothing to do -.- well maybe Dark souls other then that nothing truly btw Muto

Soul link nerf? You must be insane It's BETTER.

Leveling a jedi sage in swtor.

Working on gearing my warrior up. Acquiring JP's and turning them into honor so I can get some pvp pieces when the patch hits, as well as slowly collecting some tank gear for off-spec. I'm pretty sure this is my new main for the foreseeable future.

Making sure the guild bank is stocked with enough flasks/potions for raid (for a few weeks) so I don't have to bother farming more herbs for a while. Also spent a couple of hours filling 2 bank tabs with enchants and gems everyone will need for new gear.

I've been farming JP on alts so I can play catch up with gear that I've had terrible luck getting to drop.

Farmed mats for food buffs for about 4 hours today. Will finish that up tomorrow while working on pet battles.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Trying to get Amber Direhorn while I can, because in 5.4 Warlocks are getting a huge Soul Link, and Soul Leech nerf.

Already have Jade, and Slate.
    With SoO gear (or heroic gear) those guys will drop so fast that those nerfs won't matter ^_^

On topic, I will be slacking and taking time off wow until patch day so that when the patch hits, I'm all excited about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Madisyn View Post
    Making sure the guild bank is stocked with enough flasks/potions for raid (for a few weeks) so I don't have to bother farming more herbs for a while. Also spent a couple of hours filling 2 bank tabs with enchants and gems everyone will need for new gear.

I've been farming JP on alts so I can play catch up with gear that I've had terrible luck getting to drop.

Farmed mats for food buffs for about 4 hours today. Will finish that up tomorrow while working on pet battles.
    Could just do the crazy thing and let everyone enchant their own gear and bring their own flasks. Seems strange for 1 person to have to make the effort for everyone else.. Had a similair thing when I was an officer in a guild raiding Molten Core. I had to farm all the fire resist gear for everyone else.... Made no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Could just do the crazy thing and let everyone enchant their own gear and bring their own flasks. Seems strange for 1 person to have to make the effort for everyone else.. Had a similair thing when I was an officer in a guild raiding Molten Core. I had to farm all the fire resist gear for everyone else.... Made no sense.
    Doesn't take long for a person to burn out that way as well.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I geared up, had everything set for SoO's release before 2 weeks ago. So currently quitting and coming back on patch day *hopefully*

PvPing in Rift and working on a couple of papers. Looking forward to patch day though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arson View Post
    Leveling a jedi sage in swtor.
    <3 Sages

Makes total sense for everyone else... it's just a matter of perspective.

Look out for overturned caravans in the Barrens. If you get there first it's a giant field of resources all to yourself. Try early morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Farming as much ghost iron I can. Gonna make me a small (or hopefully large) fortune :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Farming for herbs is something I do while pet battling, doesn't take too long when I add in all the alts that I plant herbs with as well. It's not something I do on a regular basis by myself. Once that stock runs out, it's on them to contribute mats for flasks/potions or buy their own.

We already had tons of enchanting mats and gems stockpiled in the guild, I just turned those mats into the gems and enchants we'd need while gearing up.

The raid group is pretty good about donating needed supplies or gold to buy supplies with every week. This was more of me being bored and needing something to do over the last couple of days...also, my one nice thing I do each tier (with an ulterior motive behind it this time). Figured it was best to have everyone in the raid group over on Timeless Isle farming coins and questing in order to complete their legendary. I'd rather have our group there working towards something that would benefit the team, rather than spending time farming mats during the week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't play whole sunday, was getting the "couldn't connect to battle.net" errors
    Plans for 5.4 ruined a bit.

capping valor and lvling alts in wow mostly, nothing else other than that. leveling pet is unappealing Vengeance whoring in heroics because you get so low vengeance anyway. Sadly I can't get rid of my habit of buying twink gear for lvling characters (cata lvl 77 greens, mop lvl 80-85 blues)

I'm preparing by taking a week off So I don't burn out too quick on the game. So I'm playing D3 and CS:Go with some friends

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Making use of Mantid Artifact Sonic Locator while it still works in Kalimdor in order to obtain my last Tol'vir Artefacts. Got my Crawling Claw last night. Hoping to get the mount before the patch lands.

At the same time I am trying to finish levelling up my pet collection which is pretty crazy. It's a process I started in March and I expect I will push my last pet to level 25 tomorrow, just before the patch hits. Couldn't have planned it better if I had tried .

Apart from that I need to kill Nalak with my DK and maybe mess around a little bit on an alt or 2.