Thread: Pokémon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziktus View Post
    I liked Torterra. While Infernape was ok, Torterra was the only 4th gen starter I really liked. Empoleon's water/steel typing was actually quite horrible.

What starters are the people on MMOC going to pick? I'll personally go for Froakie+Bulbasaur unless the evolutions of Froakie turn out to be really disappointing.
    Going with Fennekin and as for the other one, not so sure about it at the moment but... Probably just going to pick a random gen 1 starter, and catch myself a new pokemon instead.
    A Dedenne is what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziktus View Post
    What starters are the people on MMOC going to pick? I'll personally go for Froakie+Bulbasaur unless the evolutions of Froakie turn out to be really disappointing.
    Planned to go with Chespin, but given that the Bulbasaur line is my favorite couple of Pokémons, I'm also gonna go Froakie and Bulbasaur. Unless Froakie ends up looking really ugly, then I'm just gonna put him in the bank.

Assuming we can get the other Hoenn starters like we can with Torchic, I'm going with Fennekin, Bulbasaur, and Mudkip. Assuming we can't, it'll be Torchic, Bulbasaur, and Froakie.

Actually, screw that. Treeko, BUlbasaur, and Chespin all the way.

Deleted
    Going with Fennekin (surprise) and I'm not going to use old pokemon during first playthrough, I want it to be a totally new experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sagajin View Post
    update : found the isue.....
    anyway im proud to say that i have reached (not attempted) the pokemon leauge nuzlock style.

with a total of 210 hours played and loosing give or take 50 pokemons my surviving team currently is :

Crustle : lv 52
    Sawk : lv 57
    Cofagrigus : (shiney) lv 67

every one els so far has not survived nuzlock. i think im going to have to strengten my team. horified to try the legendary pokemons also. in fear of loosing any of my current team permanent
    Good luck!
    I've never given nuzlocke a serious try for some reason, but the idea is very tempting.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2013-09-08 at 03:45 PM.

I'm kind of annoyed they haven't released the starters' evolutions yet. All of the other pokemon I'd rather be surprised by in-game, but I really want to know which starter I'm going to pick ahead of time, and I can't really decide until i know what they look like and their types

Quote Originally Posted by Nadev View Post
    Love Torterra as well (the Sinnoh starter no one seems to like). Guess I should go sit in the corner with my dunce cap now.
    I love Torterra. 'Nough said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sagajin View Post
    update : found the isue.....
    anyway im proud to say that i have reached (not attempted) the pokemon leauge nuzlock style.

with a total of 210 hours played and loosing give or take 50 pokemons my surviving team currently is :

Crustle : lv 52
    Sawk : lv 57
    Cofagrigus : (shiney) lv 67

every one els so far has not survived nuzlock. i think im going to have to strengten my team. horified to try the legendary pokemons also. in fear of loosing any of my current team permanent
    What's nuzlocke? Also, I don't really understand what your problem is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    What's nuzlocke?
    It's a challenge to make the game more difficult.

Read the basic rules here

I'm not sure if this is where it all began, but anyway:
    http://www.nuzlocke.com/pokemonhardmode.php?p=1
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2013-09-08 at 05:31 PM. Reason: made the post shorter

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    It's a challenge to make the game more difficult.

Read the basic rules here

I'm not sure if this is where it all began, but anyway:
    http://www.nuzlocke.com/pokemonhardmode.php?p=1
    Yep that is the first Nuzlocke comic. It's a pretty entertaining read imo
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

the rules of nuzlock : : you may only catch the first pokemon on a route, and if a Pokemon faints, it is dead and must be released
    Nicknaming your Pokemon, whether it be on a theme or just random names.

the purpose of this is for the thrill of the adventure, to use new Pokemon that are normally neglected, and to care deeply for the player's Pokemon, knowing that any second could be one Pokemon in the party's last.

im sure not many other persons have try'd this. but it does add a new layer of dificulty and enjoyment to the game.

(tho i did shed a lil manly tear when my dewott died in battle with cheren by one lucky critical strike)

yeah, I read about it. I am half-given to it and half-out. I like it and not like it at the same time xD

- - - Updated - - -

220 euros for a pikachu 3ds+ 45 for Pokemon X are good (too good even?) prices, right?

220 euros for a pikachu 3ds+ 45 for Pokemon X are good (too good even?) prices, right?
    If you really want the Pikachu 3DS, then it's decent. But it's still pretty expensive for a normal 3DS, would be better if it was an XL. Still, the price isn't too bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im pretty sure the Pikachu 3DS is XL only.

Deleted
    Unless you really want the Pikachu 3ds, 220 euro for a normal 3ds, even an XL, is pretty expensive.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Im pretty sure the Pikachu 3DS is XL only.
    Oh, you're right. I guess 220 euros is what you normaly would pay for a limited edition 3ds XL.
    Last edited by mmoc9bca5565b2; 2013-09-09 at 04:23 PM.

yeah the pikachu 3ds is xl only.
    I really should have picked up a few to flip when I bought mine. Got it for like $175 cause target had a sale the same week it came out, people are selling it for like $250+ now

Yeah, I am pretty sure that it is XL only too. Even if it isn't, I am buying the XL one.

Thanks for the answers, everyone!

Oh well, if it's an XL version, and if you think the Pikachu design looks neat, then by all means go for it.

Deleted
    I loooove pokemon

I really hope the easier-viewed IV/EVs don't necessitate traveling to the ass-end of nowhere to talk to some NPC who gives some lame vague interpretation. It'd be dandy nice if there was a frame in the Pokèmon Summary page that displayed that information, but I think that might be too much for which to hope.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    So you need a mega bracelet to mega evovle

This is a total rip off from digimon

Mega bracelet = digivice
    Mega stones = Crests

D:
    wait a sec...

digimon was a rip off of pokemon

so if pokemon is ripping off digimon...

doesn't that mean pokemon is ripping off pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    I really hope the easier-viewed IV/EVs don't necessitate traveling to the ass-end of nowhere to talk to some NPC who gives some lame vague interpretation. It'd be dandy nice if there was a frame in the Pokèmon Summary page that displayed that information, but I think that might be too much for which to hope.

"Understand your Pokémon’s stats at a glance with the Effort-o-Meter!"

Seems like you'll be able to view it with an item, hopefully you'll be able to check it on the usual Pokémon status screen after you've obtained the item instead of having to use it everytime you want to check the EVs.