Poll: Should the gnomes reclaim Gnomeregan?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Gnomeregan

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Gnomeregan

Would anyone at all be upset if, with the next expansion, the gnomes finally reclaimed all of Gnomeregan and it stopped being an instance players could run? I mean it seems fairly obvious to me the only reason Gnomeregan wasnt reclaimed at the same time as the Echo Isles was because most of it is an instance. From what I can tell from leveling up quite a few low level alts via the LFG tool, Gnomeregan as an instance seems almost universally disliked, so would you be happy if it was just entirely removed and the gnomes finally reclaimed the city?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byne View Post
    Would anyone at all be upset if, with the next expansion, the gnomes finally reclaimed all of Gnomeregan and it stopped being an instance players could run? I mean it seems fairly obvious to me the only reason Gnomeregan wasnt reclaimed at the same time as the Echo Isles was because most of it is an instance. From what I can tell from leveling up quite a few low level alts via the LFG tool, Gnomeregan as an instance seems almost universally disliked, so would you be happy if it was just entirely removed and the gnomes finally reclaimed the city?
    Not at all. Could even set up a Tinker class introduction.

10+ Year Old Account

They should have got thier home back when the trolls got thiers back

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Sorry but Tinker is not coming and please don't derail this in to a Tinker thread

I've only ever ran it once or twice, so it wouldn't bother me.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

It would still likely be in the LFG tool as it, like many others, is more of a vanilla throwback than anything having to do with the current affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    How are you not banned?

Considering that the Gnomes are the only playable faction in the entire game without their own capital city, Blizzard ought to get around to it. I really want to see what kind of city the gnomes rebuild for themselves. But since the instance is already there, there's really no reason to remove it, so I'd say keep it.

(Edit: Forgot to mention that the Worgen don't have a home, hopefully Blizzard will deal with that someday).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd want Gilneas back first, but yes I'd also definitely like to see Gnomeregan as a city.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    I'd want Gilneas back first, but yes I'd also definitely like to see Gnomeregan as a city.
    Gnomeregan been lost since 2006 them worgen can wait

I love the gnomeregan instance! I wish blizzard would stop redesigning/taking away old instances.

Quote Originally Posted by dusselldorf View Post
    I love the gnomeregan instance! I wish blizzard would stop redesigning/taking away old instances.
    I like the design of Gnomeregan but as an actual instance, its pretty meh and takes way too long.

Deleted
    That'd be so nice, could make it 'gnome-sized' while they're at it as well.

Gnomeregan as an instance seems almost universally disliked
    That dislike (for me) comes from having to run it soo often because theres little to no other instances in that level range. Compare Blackrock Depths.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would not be a fan of having it removed just because it has been part of the game since Vanilla. Besides, I think the Gnomes building a new capital would make more sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be nice if they make a phased Gnomer.

After a scenario at lvl X, gnomer would be a city now and you couldnt do the instance anymore.

And i doubt Blizz will ever do a heroic dungeon version of Gnomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    And i doubt Blizz will ever do a heroic dungeon version of Gnomer.
    I am willing to bet Gnomer is one of the new heroic revamps they are planning in the next expansion. They did leave the story open after that pre Cataclysm event

10+ Year Old Account
    Bring it back, have the gnomes reclaim it, let them do their thing. As for the instance, convert it in a CoT instance, heroic Gnomeregan anybody?

Absolutely love Gnomeregan, mostly out of love for Gnomes and general nostalgia. Used to run it all the time, and dying so often! Good times.
    Honestly, I liked the Cataclysm changes, where we now have a unique Gnome starting zone and still keep the dungeon. I dont see any reason for it to change further, besides it being nice from a Lore point of view. A second capital in Dun Morogh wouldnt work and there are things that need change more.
    It would be cool if Gnomeregan sort of turned into a quarter of Ironforge, connected by Tram, like a harbour with an underground Submarine docks, from where we could travel into the world. (Boats docking at a submerged town in Menethil is weird!) Possibly linked to underwater zones in upcoming expansion.
    Whatever happens though: Keep the instance!

Most of my characters are Gnomish, but Gnomeregan is the reason I stop using LFG for about ten levels when rolling out a new one.

It's a massive kick in the balls that the city wasn't reclaimed entirely, so I say the next expansion would be a great time to finally recover it. Remove the instance, make the city a full-on 1-15 levelling hub with profession and class trainers.

Where is the drop mana bomb on Gnomeregan option?

15+ Year Old Account
    funny thing is, considering that Gnomes are geniuses... they could've built a whole new capital since 2006.