10+ Year Old Account

7 free days of game time to come back to WoW on patch day?

So my friends debating on whether on not to come back to WoW and I can't send him a scroll because his subscription ended on October 20th 2012, the cut off date is March 4th, 2012. He really doesn't want to buy a game card or pay 15$ for a month to see if he wants to come back, neither does he want to make a trial account because he wants to see how it is with his classes at 90.

Last patch he got offered free 7 days of game time to come back but he never used it and it expired, so my question is, will there be another 7 days of free game time sent out to inactive accounts so he could debate on coming back or not? I told him he should but he won't take my word for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the 7 days will come right on patch day, but maybe a week or 2 after.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
    I don't think the 7 days will come right on patch day, but maybe a week or 2 after.
    Ah alright, thank you. If anyone has any other info on this I would appreciate as I want to raid with my buddy again.

if he doesnt have MOP yet he can get a 10 day trial

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    if he doesnt have MOP yet he can get a 10 day trial
    Already has MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Crennox View Post
    Ah alright, thank you. If anyone has any other info on this I would appreciate as I want to raid with my buddy again.
    Usually it comes right at patch day. Atleast that's how it was for Firelands and Dragon Soul. Can't remember ToT though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Usually it comes right at patch day. Atleast that's how it was for Firelands and Dragon Soul. Can't remember ToT though.
    Yeah that's what I was thinking, just trying to confirm.

Deleted
    He could try the PTR while it's up. Level 90 premades, pve & pvp gear available. He can copy his own character too, even with an inactive live account.

Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
    And by this point, it'll be clear whether or not returning is a sensible solution

@OP: It's a win-win for your friend, methinks.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.