Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Rake clipping is very liberal and you can call it accounted for, I was talking solely about Rip. I tested with DoC, I believe. Also, it was with PTR Renataki's which is a lot different than live Renataki's when it comes to this discussion.

Like I said, the problem is in order for it to not be a DPS loss, you have to conditionalize it with so many things that it rarely happens. After accounting for these things, the number of times where you can wait long enough to gain more than 1 or 2 stacks is very low, something like once every other fight.

If you keep waiting after OoC procs, it's a loss. If your TF expires while you're waiting, it's a loss. If your 4p bonus expires while you're waiting, it's a loss. If you push back TF's CD even a couple seconds, it's a loss. If you do it during Berserk, it's a loss. And on top of all of this, the number of seconds you can wait is restricted by your energy pool and your energy regen.

There may also be some other conditionals I had in there that I am forgetting about. By all means, if you would like to try and see if you can make it a DPS gain in SimC then you're welcome to, and I'd be happy to be wrong, but I spent enough time on it that I'm fairly convinced that it's not possible to make it a gain in the sim, at least not a significant enough one to warrant putting it in the action list.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2013-09-03 at 08:14 AM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Guyz you should check http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/affdots addon. Clipping problem solved.

No different then Weakauras... Plus, affdots sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nishida View Post
    No different then Weakauras... Plus, affdots sucks.
    Does weakauras calculate dot damage? Seems nope.

Quote Originally Posted by mmokri View Post
    Does weakauras calculate dot damage? Seems nope.
    mmmm, yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skadovsk View Post
    mmmm, yes.
    Spare yourself the trouble and just use DroodFocus

Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    I like Droodfocus but it's a "Bear" to configure.

Deleted
    Tangentially related, does anyone know what the most up to date accurate multipliers for Rip and Rake are at the moment? ShmooDudes ovale script have multipliers but I am not sure if they account for crit. I looked at some feral druid from method and he seemed to have some weakauras with ratios.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    I don't like it as much, the little color things that tell you if bleeds have DoC, SR, or TF is nice, but its packed with fucktons of stuff that I already got covered with better looks or that I don't need so I end up only using the dot trackers which are redundant to me.
    Weakaura Bleed Ratios in my opinion the best

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inferior2 View Post
    Tangentially related, does anyone know what the most up to date accurate multipliers for Rip and Rake are at the moment? ShmooDudes ovale script have multipliers but I am not sure if they account for crit. I looked at some feral druid from method and he seemed to have some weakauras with ratios.
    Stenhaldi has his posted on thefluiddruid, but he is a link to the pastebin:
    Bleed Ratios

10+ Year Old Account
    What about Wrath Spam for Hotw?
    Especially during a Bloodlust, or on a boss mechanic that increases your damage?
    A few boss encounters have it, and there is always a Lust/heroisim. The significant DPS increase you would get would be well worth prioritizing HoTW over DoC would it not?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Stenhaldi of midwinter was using Hotw all of last night on the ToT PTR race, and his damage was out of control
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...um/damageDone/

Stenhaldi plays HotW exceptionally well on live too. That's not proof of the talent's power, but more of the spec in general when in the right hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillen88 View Post
    What about Wrath Spam for Hotw?
    Especially during a Bloodlust, or on a boss mechanic that increases your damage?
    A few boss encounters have it, and there is always a Lust/heroisim. The significant DPS increase you would get would be well worth prioritizing HoTW over DoC would it not?
    It's about even if you have an equal level caster weapon. Now Hurricane on the other hand... still OP.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by dnl View Post
    Stenhaldi of midwinter was using Hotw all of last night on the ToT PTR race, and his damage was out of control
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...um/damageDone/
    How the hell does he do so much dmg on Lei Shen?
    Is it the lack of demo locks?

He also had a few advantages that the log doesn't completely show.

1.) He was the logger, so all out of range damage (not that there was too much of it) wasn't recorded, but all of his was.
    2.) He stayed in from the first second to the last. Many other players were rotated out for Lei Shen and Ra-den. Pravity, in particular, was forced to play a 4th string alt DK for Lei Shen just so we could do the ball lightnings properly.
    3.) He had a ton of tricks of the trade uptime from the rogues. Averaged about once every 40 seconds.
    4.) Perhaps most importantly, he's been super-active on the PTR, theorycrafting, writing weakauras, testing all the new raids, etc. and probably had his UI set up just the way he wanted it and had his 5.4 rotations and priorities all figured out.

Each of these advantages might be small (and obviously not just applicable to Sten), but when combined, definitely make a significant difference.

Of course, that is not to say he isn't an awesome and kickass feral, but I do think that this parse should not be taken out of context.

All that being said ... HoTW is (for me at least) easily the strongest 90 talent to take for anything but extreme scumbag parsing.

14% of his damage was on ball lightnings, so not something too out of the ordinary, but combined with less familiar positioning (warlock portal nerf = less precise ball lightning spawns = not all of them being gripped at the same time), my personal self nerf (I'm that guy who never gets a chance to log on ptr, so I totally f'ed up my ball lightning damage on Lei Shen due to a messed up RJW, keg smash timings, and almost never using chi burst at all - my best parse had me do 104 million damage to ball lightnings, this race I did 19.), he did slightly more to the balls than usual. The locks were all affliction too as well - very little time to respec during a timed race.

Feral's just one of the top dps specs though, so he did a crapload of damage on Lei Shen himself.
    Last edited by kaiadam; 2013-09-09 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    14% of his damage was on ball lightnings, so not something too out of the ordinary, but combined with less familiar positioning (warlock portal nerf = less precise ball lightning spawns = not all of them being gripped at the same time), my personal self nerf (I'm that guy who never gets a chance to log on ptr, so I totally f'ed up my ball lightning damage on Lei Shen due to a messed up RJW, keg smash timings, and almost never using chi burst at all), he did slightly more to the balls than usual.

Feral's just one of the top dps specs though, so he did a crapload of damage on Lei Shen himself.
    Just asking because I really can't get more than 1 thrash and 2 swipes tops on my guild because of all the demo locks(5) we have and I can't even say if that thrash is even worth without rune or renataki so yeah.

I'm also wondering on how he deals with Council raking on 4 targets and still maintaining 1 rip up with very high uptime on everything.

Just asking because I really can't get more than 1 thrash and 2 swipes tops on my guild because of all the demo locks(5) we have and I can't even say if that thrash is even worth without rune or renataki so yeah.

I'm also wondering on how he deals with Council raking on 4 targets and still maintaining 1 rip up with very high uptime on everything.
    We tanked everything on top of each other so there was very little movement.

Deleted
    Don't ignore trinket RNG. He had 2 excellent overlaps during the pull which lasted the entire potion, 2 more overlaps during Ball Lightning after 1st transition and he started Phase 3 with possibly the strongest rip managable (both trinkets, potion, TF+zerk) which he kept extending, dropped it then put up another one up with both trinkets again followed by back-to-back rune procs which went mostly on thrashes on unkilled ball lightnings and unharnessed powers. In fact, about 45% of his single-target damage was done in the last phase alone due to high-potency bleeds.
    Last edited by mmoc22f09fe318; 2013-09-09 at 11:21 PM.

Man, don't even look at my Council damage. I swapped to spellpower weapon to hurricane trash and then somehow my attempt to swap back to melee weapon failed and I didn't notice.

(And yeah, one thrash + 2 swipes is pretty normal for ball lightning. Maybe 3 swipes in third phase.)