Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    No more mico transactions. If 85-90 is a issue nerf the amount of xp need or add heirlooms

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    $10 for 10 levels, maybe. $10 for one? Hell no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would you be okay with buying gear for alternate characters, Jaylock, if one of your characters already had gear of equivalent item level? After all, if you've already done the content, you've already done it, right? Just "saving time."

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I think you have a really narrow minded view of Diablo 3, and that means you probably havent played it, or are one of those guys who wrote it off as a huge failure, when in fact many hundreds of thousands of people play diablo 3 on a daily basis. Its still a great game, it just was never meant to be aimed at the "gimmie gimmie gimmie!" crowd of entitled MMO gamers who feel they need to have constant patches and updates of new content. Diablo 2 was never like that, you just had false expectations.

Enough of off topic conversation anyway.

Paying simply to skip a level or two is no different than instant dinging your extra account to instant 80 through recruit a friend.

- - - Updated - - -

Cause maybe.. juuuuuuust maybe, people enjoy having more than one character at end game??
    Not at all I like Diablo 3 And i have 2 characters at max level one with a Paragon of 25(Not really high i know) but your statement
    "it just was never meant to be aimed at the "gimmie gimmie gimmie!" crowd of entitled MMO gamers who feel they need to have constant patches and updates of new content."
    I think what you are saying is exacly that Gimme Gimme attitude with the lack of working for and earning your characters levels.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    $10 for 10 levels, maybe. $10 for one? Hell no.
    this. I would pay a reasonable price (to my taste and wallet) but most certainly not 5 or 10$ per level.
    10$ for 10 levels i like better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Would you be okay with buying gear for alternate characters, Jaylock, if one of your characters already had gear of equivalent item level? After all, if you've already done the content, you've already done it, right? Just "saving time."
    Your logic has holes. That is paying for a power increase. You did nothing of your own to earn that gear.

You still havent answered my question of how is it any different to pay for instant levels, when there is already a service in game (recruit a friend) that allows you to do so. And in fact you are paying for that service as well by buying another account and using the 3 month perks to grant instant levels.

I wont answer any more of your questions until you answer mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your logic has holes. That is paying for a power increase. You did nothing of your own to earn that gear.

You still havent answered my question of how is it any different to pay for instant levels, when there is already a service in game (recruit a friend) that allows you to do so. And in fact you are paying for that service as well by buying another account and using the 3 month perks to grant instant levels.

I wont answer any more of your questions until you answer mine.
    You're paying for a power increase with leveling. You did nothing of your own to earn the levels with that character.

Also, there is a difference. Recruit-a-friend is intended to catch friends up because Blizzard is bleeding subs. The fact that people buy their own accounts is a side effect of that and is NOT the original intention.
    Last edited by Kaneiac; 2013-09-09 at 11:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Let's be clear: It's Pandaria, not 'panda land'. Everyone got the message?

is it bannable to say panda land though? i quite like it, i like MoP expansion so not bashing, but panda land does sound better than pandaria.

OT: i don't like it, i love leveling and playing low levels, and i already hate the introduction of heirlooms, i think the xp should be reduced to level for each max level character you got, but i like low level pvp and stuff, but i hate that you have to have heirlooms for it.
    dragonmaw - EU

Deleted
    i'd rather quest through pandaria a few more times than through outland, northrend or the cataclysm zones
    and op: do you even play wow? if no, why do you bother to come up with such horrible ideas? if yes, why are you asking if people still play wow in your sig?

Deleted
    Would you be in favor of an insta-level service if Blizz offered it along with all their other character services?

For example, lets say you have leveled through panda land a lot, or you just get tired of leveling through outland or northrend, and you want to skip those levels (or some of those levels), would you be in favor of a service for say.. $5 dollars per level, and increasing in price each level to a max of $10 per level on a specific character?

So say you get to 85, and you would rather not level through panda land yet again:

85 --> 86 = $5
    86 --> 87 = $6
    87 --> 88 = $7
    88 --> 89 = $8
    89 --> 90 = $9

so a total of $35 to skip the max levels only after you have leveled at least one character through panda land and or outland, northrend etc.

What do you think?
    Save Myself $35 and level a toon in a couple of days max.

Your logic has holes. You did nothing of your own to earn that gear..
    Or Levels that you purchased

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    No more mico transactions. If 85-90 is a issue nerf the amount of xp need or add heirlooms
    So lets say player A feels the way you do, and doesnt like the service. You can now in game do just what you said by getting heirloom weapons, and spending time and effort leveling the normal way.

And Player B likes the service, and decides to spend a few dollars to skip levels 88 and 89 and skip right to 90. He paid blizzard to instantly do so, and you paid blizzard by playing their game for more time and spending money on your subscription.

Whats the problem?

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Veilsyde;22347517][QUOTE=Jaylock;22347501]Your logic has holes. You did nothing of your own to earn that gear.\

Or Levels that you purchased
    Levels aren't gear.

Deleted
    worst idea ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    So lets say player A feels the way you do, and doesnt like the service. You can now in game do just what you said by getting heirloom weapons, and spending time and effort leveling the normal way.

And Player B likes the service, and decides to spend a few dollars to skip levels 88 and 89 and skip right to 90. He paid blizzard to instantly do so, and you paid blizzard by playing their game for more time and spending money on your subscription.

Whats the problem?

IF your charging to bypass levels why would you ever nerf the xp need or add hierlooms? that would cut down profits. The problem is Mico transactions in a Sub based game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Levels aren't gear.
    I stated why there's a difference between the two. Care to tell me why you're against gear but not levels? They're both a quantifiable power boost that give you access to more content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    A guy walks into a doctors office for an appointment. When the doctor asked him what was wrong, he stated that every time he poked his arm, his finger hurt. You know what the doctor said? Stop poking your arm.

Why level a 3rd character if you don't enjoy it? You can get your raiding/PvP experience on the first two, right?
    Except for the fact that I want to try raiding/PVP on a specific class that I didn't have yet
    Raiding/PVP as a DPS DK and Raiding/PVP as a DPS Rogue are vastly different.

Let play your game though. Let's say the Dr. is blizzard, and the customer is the patient. Leveling in the current form is painful, the patient tell the Dr. this and the Dr. says "too bad" instead of finding an alternative treatment. See the problem?
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    You're paying for a power increase with leveling. You did nothing of your own to earn the levels with that character.

Also, there is a difference. Recruit-a-friend is intended to catch friends up because Blizzard is bleeding subs. The fact that people buy their own accounts is a side effect of that and is NOT the original intention.
    Your stats go up as a result of normal leveling process, but your gear doesnt change. You have to go hunt for that gear and make choices to obtain such gear. After leveling 2-3-4 alts, it becomes a time sink that many people (including myself) would like to not have to be bothered doing.

Your logic has holes. You did nothing of your own to earn that gear.\

Levels aren't gear.
    Its still earning it wether its levels or gear you should still earn whatever Item level or character level you want You work hard to get your gear that you might have on other characters? Well you have another 90 so earn your 2nd or 3rd

Deleted
    I think I'd prefer something like the elixirs, as in, speeds up leveling but still requires effort on your part to go out & kill/quest/pvp/whatever to earn the ding, even if it IS at an increased speed.

Edit: Before anyone gets all antsy, I'll elaborate a tad more, 'Proving Grounds' can help you get to grips with you class/spec, plus you'd also have the gear vendors at 80+so you don't have to hunt for gear too much. Oh, & you'd still have earn't the levels, just at a quicker rate. you still gotta earn the gear at endgame, as well as professions etc.
    Last edited by mmoc0f38054b92; 2013-09-09 at 11:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your stats go up as a result of normal leveling process, but your gear doesnt change. You have to go hunt for that gear and make choices to obtain such gear. After leveling 2-3-4 alts, it becomes a time sink that many people (including myself) would like to not have to be bothered doing.
    You have to make choices on how you level, too.

Why is it a necessity to hunt for gear but not hunt for levels? Because you prefer one over the other?