Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'd have to say Dragonsoul too. I never hated TOGC though, I figured that would be #1 on here.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Nostalgia aside I'm not sure that Molten Core would be worse if all raids were compared together at the same time. When I compare raids I compare them to what age they were released and within their own expansion. Ultimately while ToGC had way better encounters than MC if you directly compare them, MC was their first stab at raiding and was made like 4 years prior to ToGC. I just can't turn a blind eye to such shit.

Even if you compare them straight out I'd still take a scaled up Molten Core with the same shit in it than ToGC. MC was actually a raid, not a fucking room. As boring as those caverns were littered with all it's trash and uninspired bosses, I'd still take a replica of MC if it was released the same time as ToGC (obviously with the numbers tuned up). ToGC had some good bosses that was basically it. MC still was an actual raid, Ragnaros still felt epic when he came up and well, the area itself. Fighting in a raid sized ring of blood is FUCKING AWFUL.

At least with Molten Core you felt like you were fighting some ancient beasts. In ToC you had random beasts of Northerend, a gnome summoning a demon (fuck you) and faction champions. The Twin Valkyr were cool and so wasn't Anub'arak.
    EXACTLY! So many people label MC as the worst by comparing it to other raids flat out which you just cannot do. You need to compare them to the times they were released and such. I also notice some people claiming it to be the worst never did play it during it's prime so they're basing their opinion on doing MC today by soloing it. Which of course would make it look terrible, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Soul for sure. The 5 mans that came with it were pretty cool though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Soul without a doubt. Absolutely horrible fights. Deathwing was by far the most disappointing end boss ever.

ToGC is a very close second. Really sad excuse for a raid... but had a few fun mechanics.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ADman319 View Post
    ulduar. to big and flashy and no substance
    lol, this is a joke, right?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    lol, this is a joke, right?
    No other raid in WLK had so many simple tank and spank bosses as Ulduar. Or so many bugs, tuning errors and exploits.

It's not the worst raid (MC is), but it's definitely the most overrated one.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Everything that came after TOGC (except halion, ragnaros and heart of fear), booring, bland, rehashed fights, instances lasting 6+ months and such. Preety much the reason i cba spending 4+ hours 5 days a week raiding anymore. Thanks blizzard for lfr, xrealm raiding and free legendaries.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't say I have a raid I hate, since I've enjoyed all of them. If I had to choose, the first four bosses in ToGC and being in the same room. DS, because we were going back to certain areas, that we had already seen through questing or it was a previous raid like Eye of Eternity.

AQ 40 dc'd like 20x in that raid when it was current. An many others went afk or dc'd also, it was hard to concentrate on fights because of this.

I don't understand the DS hate, it wasn't all that bad.
    Last edited by Goretex; 2013-09-10 at 07:50 AM.

I'm quite surprised as to why Sunwell isn't mentioned?

Sure it was an awesome raid by itself, however many of the players didn't manage to complete it, and it also required class stacking (Shamans, Priests and Warlocks) which meant that many players didn't get to raid it.

That being said, being a Shaman at that time was awesome since almost every single party required you (bloodlust) and chain heal was just gold due to the amount of raid damage. (Hence why it got nerfed to bring the player not the class and a Shaman in Wotlk).
    Last edited by mrpoker; 2013-09-10 at 08:22 AM.

Deleted
    ToGC for me. Because faction champions were a pain in the ass and the same person f***ed up on Anub, every single week - no insanity, GG.

I enjoyed DS. Regardless of how unsatisfying the kill was, I still got to kill Neltharion, the aspect of death.

Deleted
    1. Dragon Soul
    2. ToGC
    3. Sartharion/Malygos/Halion
    4. Naxx 2.0
    5. AQ40
    Last edited by mmoc5461ee9f4c; 2013-09-10 at 08:02 AM.

As for TOGC, i think we need to remember that Blizzard was experimenting on a no thrash raid as was asked by players themselves.

The encounter itself especially the faction champs and anub arak was pretty fun and interesting.

I guess people hated it because it became so repetitive especially with the amount of times you had to raid it a week.

It was a trial from blizzard in a filler raid, so i don't think it deserves all that flak.

Dragon Soul however being the final raid of an expansion is pretty lacklustre.

Dragon Soul by miles and miles...

mount hyjal or dragon soul, togc and naxx 2.0 sucked too

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Soul, i hate that place, havent touched it since cata, never will

10+ Year Old Account
    Molten Core and Blackwing Lair. Fuck all of that. Stupid 30 second silences and the freaking suppression rooms.

These days, I didn't really like DS. I enjoyed Cata for what it was worth though.

Dragonsoul wasn't very good, mainly because it had so much potential and just didn't live up. I didn't care for really any Cataclysm raiding to be honest.

ToGC is understandably a second choice because of its lack of environment (mostly). I did think the fights were cool though. If you were to place the encounters into a progressive area like a normal raid, I think people would have enjoyed it more. It also doesn't help that it followd Ulduar, which is pretty much unanimously the best raid, and thus had big shoes to fill.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpoker View Post
    I'm quite surprised as to why Sunwell isn't mentioned?

Sure it was an awesome raid by itself, however many of the players didn't manage to complete it, and it also required class stacking (Shamans, Priests and Warlocks) which meant that many players didn't get to raid it.

That being said, being a Shaman at that time was awesome since almost every single party required you (bloodlust) and chain heal was just gold due to the amount of raid damage. (Hence why it got nerfed to bring the player not the class and a Shaman in Wotlk).
    I only ever did trash and got pugged for twins while Sunwell was current content and still enjoyed it more than most other raids including ICC.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Iam starting to have serious nostalgia goggles for ToGC.

I dont seem to hate it as much as i used to and i guess its becuase it was simple and there is nothing wrong with simple.

Yeah the surrondings were kinda bland but thats the point of being in a Colosseum also there was no fucking trash which is a huge plus for me.

Worst has to go to dragon soul the first 4 bosses were fucking atrocious but the last 4 bosses were kinda cool.