Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I only ever did trash and got pugged for twins while Sunwell was current content and still enjoyed it more than most other raids including ICC.
    Yeah i know Sunwell was a cool and awesome raid especially considering its difficulty while it was current.

But the raid design in particular considering that it required class stacking just made it unfair and not fun for many who did not play those classes.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpoker View Post
    Yeah i know Sunwell was a cool and awesome raid especially considering its difficulty while it was current.

But the raid design in particular considering that it required class stacking just made it unfair and not fun for many who did not play those classes.
    Yup didn't complete it when it was current

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Molten Core and Blackwing Lair. Fuck all of that. Stupid 30 second silences and the freaking suppression rooms.

These days, I didn't really like DS. I enjoyed Cata for what it was worth though.
    If you didn't have rogues with you the suppression room was fun with high enough lockpicking of course, huehuehue.
    Last edited by Gungrir; 2013-09-10 at 08:37 AM.

Vanilla: AQ20
    Tbc: Hyjal
    Wotlk: T7
    Cata: DS
    MoP: MSV

Overall: T7

DS was awesome. ToC/TotGC was awesome due to refreshing ideas such as with Faction Champions.

Worst raids? Trying to decide which one is the biggest sleeping pill, Black Temple or Heart of Fear.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpoker View Post

From that stand point every pre-WotLK raid was utterly shitty. Also, I did Twins as an arms warrior so there's that too.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I can't bring myself to hate ToC simply because in my opinion the Argent Tournament has some of the most beautiful music in the game and I'll always associate the raid with it. That and I really enjoyed the encounters.

I don't think I really dislike any raid in the way that I used to.

Naxx rework or dragon soul
    It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get back up.

Naxx25 is quite obviously the worst ever, if you count it. Rehashed raid from 2.5 years prior, with the worst balancing in the history of WoW raids. Most organized groups 1-shot all its bosses on night #1 of T7 raiding, while wearing quest greens/blues. I can only assume the people saying Dragon Soul weren't playing in T7.

On the other hand, if you don't count Naxx25 (since it was a rehash, not an original raid), then the worst designed is probably ToC or Molten Core.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
    Naxx25 is quite obviously the worst ever, if you count it. Rehashed raid from 2.5 years prior, with the worst balancing in the history of WoW raids. Most organized groups 1-shot all its bosses on night #1 of T7 raiding, while wearing quest greens/blues. I can only assume the people saying Dragon Soul weren't playing in T7.
    Oh, I was crazily dissapointed in Naxx 10 & 25 since Naxx was what looked like the best raid ever in Vanilla. However, Dragon Soul is beyond that, the way it further butchered Deathwing's character, how it was nothing but a poor excuse to keep on over-glorifying Thrall, and the boss battles. Naxx 10 & 25 might have sucked big time, but at least every boss battle wasn't tedious to do, at least it didn't butcher any major lore characters like Dragon Soul did, at least it looked awesome. Dragon Soul still had nothing on Naxx 10 & 25.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    wait..... Kael was tempest keep not SWP......... unless you are talking about a 5 man..... I doubt you did SWP
    As far as i know Kael summoned Kil'jaeden into SWP - didn't he?

I know I am getting hated for this but
    Onyxia 25/10 man (wrath version)
    Trial of the crusader
    Dragon soul
    Malygos (forgot it's name)

Quote Originally Posted by Dorlok View Post
    As far as i know Kael summoned Kil'jaeden into SWP - didn't he?
    No you never saw Kael in SWP. There were demons in the room summoning him IIRC and you started the fight as soon as you killed them so technically they were kind of part of the boss encounter like Magtheridon.

I don't quite understand the ToC hate. It was something different in a world of trash, boss, trash, boss etc and it's funny because some of the same people complain about trash. 1 raid with no trash is not the end of the world nor does it make it terrible.

Also I don't understand the "butchering of Deathwing" since much like Illidan they were both overhyped and Cata actually expanded on him to a degree more than any of the other games minus the books.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    I know because it's difficult to be more aware of situational fighting as opposed to "Must Use Rotations". Most of my guild didn't understand the mechanics behind it so I actually had to switch over from my pally main to my rogue in order to stunlock one of the healers so that we could progress.
    It has nothing to do with difficulty. I don't want PvP in my PvE.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Going to say throne... can't stand the disjointed raid with what seems like half assed bosses that simple don;t fit together

Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    Going to say throne... can't stand the disjointed raid with what seems like half assed bosses that simple don;t fit together
    Seems like a lot of people are disappointed with ToT. I wouldn't know since I haven't played for at least half a year, but I think it's funny how Blizzard kept comparing it to Ulduar during development when it in the end, for some reason, clearly didn't live up to the hype. What do you others think about ToT?
    Last edited by Coronius; 2013-09-10 at 07:57 PM.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Moten Bore off hand, if counting the progression of the game and judging each raid by when it came out, Dragon Soul.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really didn't like ToGC but it was miles better than Dragonsoul.

Deleted
    This one time, I joined an ICC pug, it looked promising, but the leader had a save with 1 boss killed, we took our chances and got saved and after a couple of unsuccesful attempts on Deathwhisper, which were fully to blame on the leader (bad coordination, removing marks that tanks put on adds etc.), he disbanded the raid. WORST RAID EVER!

Oh... you mean in general? I was never really content with the MC layout, having to run back and forth and back again... and the curses are a pain when you're soloing even at 90.

Oh... you mean at level? Yeah, Dragon Soul... Btw, I loved ToC/ToGC. The Twin Val'kyr HC progress is one of my 3 fondest progress memories (the others being Lady Vashj and Lich King).

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Soul