Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'll be sticking with destro, it still is the most fun spec for me. But I'm just a casual

i'll probebly go affliction for pvp. but i'm open for demo or destro

My lock is Demo/Aff will pick and choose between the two...

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'll be using Affliction and Destruction. Affliction for FLR/flex raid and Destro for soloing older content.

Looking at most ppl answers this topic should be titled: What spec will you be playing 5.4 and why affliction?

Destro main/ Affliction off.

Yeah that's going to be fun to gem and reforge for.

Affliction for the most part, it it feels clunky then I'll go demo. Either way I'm excited to step foot in SoO tonight whoot whoot

With the SoO loot table allowing for nearly full crit vs non crit gear itemization there are deeper consequences for taking gear that favors one direction or the other. Especially for progression or making a case to a loot council. I'm looking at aff mainspec with demo OS though the 20% aoe nerf feels harsh since that was the OS's job lol.

I'd setup for 9778 haste > mast for multi dot encounters and 13K haste for more single target encounters (or once I go from 550 to 560'ish ilvl). Logic being that without MG corr ticks or multi dotting generating nightfall procs that extra tick on corruption = more shards thus more haunts but clearly only a single target gain.

Being a progression raider I'll spec, gem, and forge for the best tool for the job. However gearing wise I'm aiming for a haste/mastery setup to the exclusion of crit.

Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    Destro, although im sure thats not a shock to most !

Reason is i play a warlock because i love the destruction spec and i believe in blizzards ability to keep it viable.
    This. I love destro too. Beyond preference, if no one plays destro than how will blizz know to make tweaks to the spec?

I'll be playing destro MS / affliction OS for initial progression.

Deleted
    Would love to see Destru coming back in a better position... but as long as it stays in the current way i'll stick to aff / demo.
    Maybe if it turns out that Destru will perfom better as OS than demo with haste / mastery set up i'll change to it and use it on some encounters.
    Don't want to get bored again with afflicition ^^

Going to start aff/destruction and keep an eye on how demo pans out (got my H UVLS last night so at least I will be in a good position if I have to MS it). Part of my reasoning is I haven't done the fights on the PTR and I have found that to maximize demo you need to have a really good understanding of what is coming up next. aff/destruction are just much easier to play when learning new fights imo.

Been playing Affy for all of MoP and see no reason to stop now

Deleted
    Affliction. I'm rerolling from my Mage and I feel like Affliction is somehow the most intuitive spec to get into. When I catch up on gear I'll be looking at what performs best on which fight and swap accordingly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to see if I like destruction still with the reduced ember generation, if not I think I will go demonology. Haven't liked affliction since TBC.. I miss having more DoT's.

After running 2x 25m groups up through juggernaut demo actually is right w' aff single target. I think any of the first few fights demo is easily on par with aff. Yeah aoe feels overnerfed, especially when you see lolstorm/chainlightning but whatever. The FF when not under lust/LMG proc and soulfire use made the spec feel very reliable and not DF starved.

Quote Originally Posted by khalamo View Post
    Looking at most ppl answers this topic should be titled: What spec will you be playing 5.4 and why affliction?
    This made me laugh!

Just finished up my first night in SoO. Ran demo the whole night and crushed the affliction lock in raid. He came close on Dark Shaman but the rest of the bosses I was top dps or close to on every fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkith View Post
    Just finished up my first night in SoO. Ran demo the whole night and crushed the affliction lock in raid. He came close on Dark Shaman but the rest of the bosses I was top dps or close to on every fight.
    Do you have logs and/or armory pages? I would really like to see some more details on that.
    I intend to play affliction > destruction and never touch demo again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkith View Post
    He must be bad :>

I plan to stream tonight and will have public logs as well. Not sure if I'm allowed to say, but I will be streaming from 20.00 CEST on twitch.tv/khalarel. Playing Affliction all night.

Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    Do you have logs and/or armory pages? I would really like to see some more details on that.
    I intend to play affliction > destruction and never touch demo again.
    Not sure why everyone is so hellbent on abandoning Demo. It is still better than Destro in almost every way.

After the nerf to soul leech, I can't even justify playing Destro for more survivability during progression.