Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Question towards Ask Mr Robot team regarding Warriors

1) is there currently an issue with the legendary cloaks? They seem not to be recognized by AMR
    2) Does AMR calculate an optimal ratio between dodge and parry or does AMR regard them as equally useful?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

I know next to nothin about AMR, however even Battle.net character profiles aren't showing cloaks or any new gear, simply empty slots, I imagine this has something to do with it and they need blizz to fix their shit.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didnt realize, thanks a bunch. Since AMR gets its info from armory, that will be the issue. Asides, does it say upgraded 2/2 at your cloak although its displayed itemlvl is only 600?
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.

Mine does (show 608), but people were saying theirs doesn't, usually as the result of a UI bug. If you have Addons that still try to show ilvl, back from the time before blizz did it for you.
    A couple guildies said the same when they upgraded new tier 16 pieces (although stats went up with upgrade) but I don't know for sure because I wasn't so lucky.
    The legendary cannot be 600 though, rest assured it is 608. Easy to check by looking at the amount of stats. Each secondary stat should be 991 (for str dps atleast).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Mine does (show 608), but people were saying theirs doesn't, usually as the result of a UI bug. If you have Addons that still try to show ilvl, back from the time before blizz did it for you.
    A couple guildies said the same when they upgraded new tier 16 pieces (although stats went up with upgrade) but I don't know for sure because I wasn't so lucky.
    The legendary cannot be 600 though, rest assured it is 608. Easy to check by looking at the amount of stats. Each secondary stat should be 991 (for str dps atleast).
    Great, thank you.

Then I only need to know bout that dodge parry rating thingy^^

Deleted
    It doesn't calculate any ratio, it just reforges/priotizes according to the weights you've set to them. Standard setting = treated equally (which is reasonable and probably the best advice for regular play).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    It doesn't calculate any ratio, it just reforges/priotizes according to the weights you've set to them. Standard setting = treated equally (which is reasonable and probably the best advice for regular play).
    well then i have to dig up that parry dodge ratio graph i saved somewhere... thanks

Yeah there seem to be a few issues with armory data with the new patch.

With AMR, you can use the new in-game addon to load your data directly from the game and bypass the armory. I updated the site to handle the legendary cloaks properly last night. Zoopercat made a short video about how to install and use the addon to export your gear: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLj1e...outu.be&t=1m9s

As for parry vs. dodge: we do balance your parry and dodge to some extent to minimize losses from diminishing returns. But we give it a very low priority because it has such a negligible impact unless you are WAY off the "perfect" balance. For example, if the perfect balance is 20% parry and 10% dodge (made those numbers up for this example), if you had 25% parry and 5% dodge, you wouldn't notice the difference.

So what we do, is first we optimize your character for score using your weights. Then, assuming that you have an equal weight on dodge and parry, we swap parry/dodge enchants to get a better balance without impacting your score. We use the actual game DR formulas to do this balancing. You will typically have a lot more parry than dodge. Also note that our site shows your final chance to parry/dodge, after boss reduction and DR. The balancing really needs to be done before that -- on your parry/dodge directly from gear that is subject to DR. So that's what we do behind the scenes.

Rule of thumb would be 2:3 ratio on Dodge:Parry.

For example, 10,000 Dodge with 15,000 Parry, or 12,000 Dodge with 18,000 parry. But as has been stated you don't really need to worry about it because it has very little impact.