Poll: Best Tank For 5.4?

Best Tank For 5.4?

As the title says, which class do you see performing the best in dungeons and raids as a tank?

Paladin > Monk > DK > Warrior > Druid

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    Paladin > Monk > DK > Warrior > Druid
    And the reasoning behind that is?

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Druid is doing better IMO, I just went and soloed a few bits I normally solo, and Normally one boss because of stacking dmg I would get quite low on HP, and have to use defensive cooldowns a lot, this time with the new changes i ended the fight at full HP, that was without using cooldowns, Not sure if that helps you, But that's the only one I've played

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Druid is doing better IMO, I just went and soloed a few bits I normally solo, and Normally one boss because of stacking dmg I would get quite low on HP, and have to use defensive cooldowns a lot, this time with the new changes i ended the fight at full HP, that was without using cooldowns, Not sure if that helps you, But that's the only one I've played
    I just played my druid as well for the first time since winter. Tanked some dungeons to grind valor, justice points to honor points. A lot easier it feels and im in 463-476 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyshnikies View Post
    And the reasoning behind that is?
    Because blizzard made the absolutely retarded decision that haste should be a plate wearers primary tank stat. Since sanctity of battle reduces cooldowns and increases attack speed. It allows a tankadin to have a near 100% uptime of Shield of the righteous, which is about a 50-60% DR depending on mastery. Tankadins ideally shouldn't be dodging, parrying, or blocking, they don't do tank like things anymore. We have become glorified DPS and I would rid myself of sanctity of battle in a heartbeat so that we can stand apart from the DPS.

That being said, the proactive tanking is nice; but I am not a fan of it's implementation.

Quote Originally Posted by Akairos View Post
    Because blizzard made the absolutely retarded decision that haste should be a plate wearers primary tank stat. Since sanctity of battle reduces cooldowns and increases attack speed. It allows a tankadin to have a near 100% uptime of Shield of the righteous, which is about a 50-60% DR depending on mastery. Tankadins ideally shouldn't be dodging, parrying, or blocking, they don't do tank like things anymore. We have become glorified DPS and I would rid myself of sanctity of battle in a heartbeat so that we can stand apart from the DPS.

That being said, the proactive tanking is nice; but I am not a fan of it's implementation.
    Spoken like a sir. lol. Makes sense though.

From what i could see right now BrM still do insane amount of damage, you could replace 2 dps for 1 BrM tank. Even fistweaver monks can pull off 100k dps while still healing like a bos, i can understand the notion that everyone should be in the dps charts but that just insane.

So paladin and warrior eh...