Thread: Anduin Evil?

Anduin Evil?

Why was anduin talking to Garrosh, was he the traitor in that video!?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or Anduin needed information about something. It happens all the time. Former 2nd rate hero visits the imprisoned villain because there's some foreshadowing that's bothering him. Villain cryptically explains that what they were doing either was to prevent some disaster or to further its cause. 2nd rate hero suddenly becomes a major character in stopping this disaster.

Remember the vision of Anduin leading the Army of the Light?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Traitor would be if he was releasing Garrosh, which is obviously not the case. Also, Garrosh nearly murdered him personally. So no, the two are not going to be collaborating. Anduin is a curious and enlightened sort though. My guess is he feels there is something he must ask Garrosh. What that is, we may have to wait a very long time to find out. (If it's not described in the questline that shows the vision)

Or if Anduin is suppose to be the traitor, it'd be more like a necessary evil sort of deal when dealing with Garrosh. Like the end of the world is coming, and only Garrosh can (somehow) stop it.

"Look, Garrosh, I don't like you, and you don't like me, but for right now, all of Azeroth needs you."

The son of of the High King of the Alliance of 6 nations turned traitor by simply conversing with a defeated enemy...interesting theorycraft you got going there.

No.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krek01 View Post
    Or if Anduin is suppose to be the traitor, it'd be more like a necessary evil sort of deal when dealing with Garrosh. Like the end of the world is coming, and only Garrosh can (somehow) stop it.

"Look, Garrosh, I don't like you, and you don't like me, but for right now, all of Azeroth needs you."
    In Warcraft we call that "Illidan-ing"

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think he will be evil or be a traitor to his people.
    I think he wants to get information from Garr and wants to know what he knows.

I don't see Anduin Lothar being a traitor to the Alliance or being a disappoint to his father either.
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Or Anduin needed information about something. It happens all the time. Former 2nd rate hero visits the imprisoned villain because there's some foreshadowing that's bothering him. Villain cryptically explains that what they were doing either was to prevent some disaster or to further its cause. 2nd rate hero suddenly becomes a major character in stopping this disaster.

Remember the vision of Anduin leading the Army of the Light?
    That seems like the plot of like every shounen anime in the past 15 years...lol but i wont lie if garrosh actually gets a story like that i might actually resub to try the new story. Always thought Garrosh pure hatred for Burning legion things would make him a great warrior vs them in a war.

Maybe Anduin does in-game what we all want to do;

figure out why he went from honorable warchief to psychonut in the space of an expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    That seems like the plot of like every shounen anime in the past 15 years...lol but i wont lie if garrosh actually gets a story like that i might actually resub to try the new story. Always thought Garrosh pure hatred for Burning legion things would make him a great warrior vs them in a war.
    Blizz did say they took influence from that junk.

It seems general concensus that Garrosh was left alive for a reason by Blizz. And barring some really long-term redemption story, it stands to figure that he's important to the Legion Expansion that's been foreshadowed.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh! Oh! Know what'd be so cool?

If like 2 expansions down the line, this shows up as a quest. And those of us from today are doing it and suddenly we're like 'OMFG it's the vision!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scisors View Post
    Anduin is the son of Varian, and he's human.. Ofcourse he's EVIL!!!

....and what video are you refering to?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi

I think he's enquiring about Jaina...he may be on to something...he's like the resident sleuth in the game. ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    I don't think he will be evil or be a traitor to his people.
    I think he wants to get information from Garr and wants to know what he knows.

I don't see Anduin Lothar being a traitor to the Alliance or being a disappoint to his father either.
    We are talking about Anduin Wrynn, the son of Varian Wrynn - the king of Stormwind.

Anduin Lothar is long since dead, mate.

Either Anduin is just speaking to Garrosh about something (it could be anything) and NOT collaborating with him in any way, shape or form, or the Bronze traitor is taking Anduin's form to get to Garrosh.

They -may- go some "Anduin feels sorry for Garrosh so he releases him" route, but I doubt it. Further more, for as contrived at the writing can sometimes get, I have to say I highly doubt Blizzard would pull yet another 'corruption' thing using Anduin, so Anduin being evil or anything is off the table completely.

Talk about going full McCarthy, jeez. Garrosh tried to kill him and left him in a broken, bloody state that required immediate treatment by a team of magical healers to survive.

Chances are he just asked, in more words, the simple question that everyone would ask: "Why?"

If anyone is giving me an "evil" vibe it's Jaina. Whispering stuff in Varian's ear and that creepy smile. :/ She reminds me of that snake guy from LotR who corrupted the king ( the blonde one who got killed by the Nazgul).

Can you please define what video? I didn't see Anduin talk to anyone but his father, and only on the Alliance version of the ending cinematic.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Can you please define what video? I didn't see Anduin talk to anyone but his father, and only on the Alliance version of the ending cinematic.
    He's refering the video on the front page from a vision.

You know, speaking of traitors, it could be the traitor in the Bronze Dragonflight in the guise of Anduin.

Or Anduin is the traitor inside the Bronze Dragonflight? *mindblown*

I'm going to go with this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    He's refering the video on the front page from a vision.
    Ahh, thank you.

My take on this? Garrosh nearly KILLED the poor boy, on top of EVERYONE ELSE that isn't an Orc in the entire game; I'm sure there's something Anduin had to say to him that was pretty important. He's not evil nor a traitor by any means; I'm sure the Shado-Pan were listening to the entire conversation, so had it been something traitorous... I mean, come on guys.

PS: If I was nearly killed by someone, and they had him contained and locked up, I wouldn't mind saying a few words to him. Whether they'd be good or bad, I can't necessarily say right now :F
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.