Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Funny how he couldnt end the horde before

Maybe he will need help like in SoO

Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    Yeh it would of been more effective if you know, Varian had some sort of way of carrying out the threat. If he had of tried anything against the Horde at that point, as Jaina suggested, we'd be cleaning bits of human off the wall.

I'm not doubting his exceptional skill at fighting, but he was facing off the most powerful of the Horde, every single faction leader. Garrosh also seemed to match him back in WotLK in Dalaran. Thrall alone probably could of handled him with relative ease (inc Varian fanboys? :P). Not only that but Taran Zhu probably would of intervened.

Nice try blizz, trying to make the Alliance more bad azz.
    Because, you know, it's not as if Varian wasn't the only Alliance in the room or anything.

I always thought running around, yelling "for the Horde!" was really embarrassing. But it sounds almost intellectual, compared to "we will end you!".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    well it's not. it was there when I was playing warcraft like... 15 years ago? geez I'm old.

and someone mentioned Lok'tar Ogar meaning for the Horde, Horde's origional battlecry meant "victory or death". they should've stuck with that instead of giving them the Alliance battlecry.
    Yeah I was there too, but its not like "for the alliance" was ever a big thing. Just something 1 or 2 units or characters might have said.

Would've could've should've, kinda pointless to cry about it now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruul View Post
    Yeah I was there too, but its not like "for the alliance" was ever a big thing. Just something 1 or 2 units or characters might have said.

Would've could've should've, kinda pointless to cry about it now.
    I'm stating that "for the alliance" is not a cheap imitation, some people have been doing it for a long time.

call it -cry- -whine- or w/e you want.

Love the Hordies going "Yeah well they could never beat the Horde! Thrall and Vol'jin just let him stand there at the very throne of Orgrimmar and threaten them because... uh... they're nice that way!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimble View Post
    Love the Hordies going "Yeah well they could never beat the Horde! Thrall and Vol'jin just let him stand there at the very throne of Orgrimmar and threaten them because... uh... they're nice that way!"
    Its because

1)They know the fucked up with Garrosh and
    2)Escalating the situation at that point would be devastating for both sides.

This would sound better:
    Varian: - Vol'jin, can you hold my tits?
    Vol'jin: - Why?
    Varian: Alliance loves to get tits hold, when they got fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    Yeh it would of been more effective if you know, Varian had some sort of way of carrying out the threat. If he had of tried anything against the Horde at that point, as Jaina suggested, we'd be cleaning bits of human off the wall.

I'm not doubting his exceptional skill at fighting, but he was facing off the most powerful of the Horde, every single faction leader. Garrosh also seemed to match him back in WotLK in Dalaran. Thrall alone probably could of handled him with relative ease (inc Varian fanboys? :P). Not only that but Taran Zhu probably would of intervened.

Nice try blizz, trying to make the Alliance more bad azz.
    1- didn't Garrosh already solo Thrall?
    2- Lo'Gosh > Garrosh (unlimited stamina = fight army after army and dozen bosses without need for healer or to rest)
    3- horde not the only one who have all their leaders > alliance have them too including Velen

10+ Year Old Account
    "Glory to the Alliance!" always and forever.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Glory to the Alliance will always be my call.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakshamash View Post
    This would sound better:
    Varian: - Vol'jin, can you hold my tits?
    Vol'jin: - Why?
    Varian: Alliance loves to get tits hold, when they got fucked.
    3 fingers can't hold for sh*t. true story.

Quote Originally Posted by greeeed View Post
    1- didn't Garrosh already solo Thrall?
    2- Lo'Gosh > Garrosh (unlimited stamina = fight army after army and dozen bosses without need for healer or to rest)
    3- horde not the only one who have all their leaders > alliance have them too including Velen
    1. No, weren't peoples reason for thinking this because he had slightly more health during their little conflict during WotLK? I mean Thrall literally held the world together. Maybe if their duel was only weapons (no magic) Garrosh would kill Thrall, but using his full arsenal...well I'm sure I don't need to explain it further.

2. As I said, I do not doubt his skill, but Garrosh was matching him blow for blow. I would argue they are equal.

3. Fair point, but it still wouldn't of ended so easily in favour of the Alliance if he decided to attack right there and then. I think blizzard added that little "We will end you" because they felt like they needed to give Alliance a bad ass moment which seem to be mostly belong Horde thus far.

Edit: Excuse my grammar, it always sucks in the morning T.T

I still prefer "Theramore was merely a setback!"

Tbf that whole line feels very forced and empty. It doesn't stand for anything really but the fact that Blizzard had to give Alliance players something to feel good about.

Vol'jin on the other hand...oh my God, his FACE, his expression, his towering over Varian...I love our new Warchief!

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Archer delivers the line better

That's pretty funny, but I am sick of that voice actor. Same character, different look.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    Granted the fact that you (the alliance) are the reason the horde was created. I find it funny that they now believe just because they made the horde, they can also end them too.

You need to read some lore, it is the opposite, the alliance was created because of the horde attack.

Deleted
    "We will end you!" unless a cuddly bear stops us from doing it. Seriously, also no trolls allowed, too. Those are cheaters, for beeing so big. Ok, no big races, and no Orcs, because Thrall is an Orc.

Ah, the old "by the power of Grayskull" vs. "for the honor of Grayskull" argument.

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Step one : play older warcraft games.
    You got a source on that? I guess it must've started in Warcraft II because there was no Alliance before that, don't remember if the Orcs officially called themselves "the Horde" in Warcraft I either.

Anyway, whole argument is stupid, "For X" is not a trademarked battlecry. It's a really obvious straightforward statement of affiliation. Every army yells "For X" as a battlecry. "For England and St George!"

Shouldn't we be arguing about what the Alliance's equivalent of "Lok'tar Ogar" is?

Quote Originally Posted by Gruul View Post
    They certainly didn't use "for the Alliance" in WC1 considering the alliance didn't even exist. Elven archers in WC2 actually said "for the alliance" as one of their responses (don't ask how I remembered this), not sure if "for the horde" was used in WC2 yet.

Either way "for the horde" eventually became the iconic one of the two, mostly because Blizzard pushed it way more.
    It rolls off the tongue better. Three syllables and a semi-rhymey thing with the first and last words.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    That's pretty funny, but I am sick of that voice actor. Same character, different look.
    Heresy!

Anyway Jon Benjamin's characters are very different. Compare Bob in Bob's Burgers, Ben in Dr Katz and Archer. Very different characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizven View Post
    You need to read some lore, it is the opposite, the alliance was created because of the horde attack.
    Maybe he means Thrall's Horde as opposed to the Old Horde. Old Horde was just an army formed for the assault on Azeroth, the second was Thrall's attempt to liberate his people and reclaim their birthright independent of demonic interference. I suppose you could say Thrall's Horde wouldn't have existed without the Lordaeron internment camps. Which is kind of missing the point. Shrug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, sounds crap.

Victory or Death. Blood and Thunder. For the Horde!

Alliance has nothing on that.