Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Do you have any idea how much raiding is going to be done this patch. I'm guessing we're going to see the highest influx of raiders/alts with flex raid since 10 man Wotlk days or since lfr was dropped in DS. What they did here was very smart on their part.

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    They suck - 496 ilvl, no gem slots.
    Items from the caches (5k coins) have gem slots.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunetrain View Post
    Do you have any idea how much raiding is going to be done this patch. I'm guessing we're going to see the highest influx of raiders/alts with flex raid since 10 man Wotlk days or since lfr was dropped in DS. What they did here was very smart on their part.
    Yep. I guarantee that a group of TI geared flex raiders will be able to tackle that raid head on and learn how to raid while getting even better gear. I expect a lot of people intimidated by raiding will band together with this newfound wealth of purples and a similar casual desire for easier raiding outside of LFR.

It might go completely the other direction, but I think their metrics are going to show a crap ton of new and returning raiders this patch.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    Better mechanic than adding some more boring 5-man loot corridors. Anything that gets people to keep coming to the island is good. I've had a great time just roaming around killing people.
    This, I need 482 more bloody coins. Keep them coming >

Damn I wont have to farm HoF lfr for weeks to get into Tot on my 5th lvl 90 alt. Im so dissapointed /sarcasm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Blizzard has reached an all time low with this "catch up" mechanic. Some people may like the fact that you can get 10-20 "epics" an hour on the timeless isle and gear your alts but really do you feel like you earned anything? Do you have any sense of accomplishment?

The timeless isle feels more like fast food than actual content. Sure it filled that hunger to gear your characters but after you're done the process in as little as an hour or 2 whats next for you? Obviously you're not going to pursue normal modes you missed out on with your alts, no... you need the gear now to get into the next LFR.....

So by all means run around the little island( that looks like it was made in an afternoon at Blizzard HQ with some editor) and get your "epics" that should be coloured grey/green considering they are rediculasly common (dont believe me? check out the price of sha crystals on your server)

anyway the Isle will get boring fast when people realize fast food content isn't good for the game.

Quality over quantity.
    It never fails to amaze me that people like you get this mad over something so trivial.

Disgusting? There are plenty of things in the world that are 'disgusting' (Syria's actions as of late, for example) but I'm pretty sure a bunch of random stat epics that are relatively low ilevel until upgraded with an extremely rare item don't fit the bill.

The single most universal and lasting complaint about Mists has been how alt-unfriendly it is. So Blizz gives people a way to decent way to jumpstart newly-90 alts and then people like you come out of the woodwork and cry about it. Blizzard just can't please some of you.

There is more to the island than the 496 gear. There are decent trinkets to pursue, rep with the emperor, new battle pets and mounts, tons of fun cosmetic items etc. I know, you can't see the cheese for the whine, but its there.

Some of you need seriously need to lighten up and just try to have fun. WoW isn't here as some test of ethics, its not trying to write a book on how to honorably give items to your alts. It exists for fun. Simple, 3 letter word that a whole lot of you seem to forget about. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/fun

I seriously hate this 'community' sometimes.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    So you are complaining because you can get 496 gear extremely fast? not only 496 for current tier is extremely low but the items required to upgrade those to 535 are quite rare and to get access to 535 trinkets you need to farm shittons of coins.
    tomtom and the waypoint macro to timeless coin richness. Cave with chests, not so rare, not so expensive, welcome to full 535's.
    Pretty much how I did it. Didn't take long, didn't cost lots b/c you usually win most of your coins back in the chests while you 'fish' for the token upgraders.
    It's NOT good design if you have the whole xpax ahead, but since it's just S.o.o I guess it might be okay, we'll see I guess.
    I like some stuff there, but it does feel like loot and fight island right now haha
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Items from the caches (5k coins) have gem slots.
    And any of the helm tokens also.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziel View Post
    This is by far one of the most uneducated thread on the topic of TI I've seen.

TI puts you 2 teirs behind current content. Almost 60 ilvls under current content.

SoO normal drops 553 ilvl stuff. TI drops 496.

That is 57 ilvls under current content.

The Cataclysm HoT heroics dropped 378 gear. Dragon Soul dropped 397.

19 item levels under the current content's normals (DS10/25).

Did you bitch then? Did you complain about how close you were to normal mode gear? Just get out.

ICC Heroic dungeons dropped 232, 10 man normal - 251.

Back in my day, we walked FIFTEEN MILES UPHILL IN THE SNOW to Dire Maul and we GROUND OUR FINGERS TO THE BONE grinding out Fire-Resist gear so our guild could finally down Lucifron!
    Except *no one* actually enjoyed that part. It always amused me the "I've been here since vanilla" players omitted that bit, or the farming of ungodly FR/SR/NR/FrR pots for mass consumption.
    OP: I do not normally advocate introduction of mechanics and methods to make gameplay more accessible for the common casual, but two things to consider:
    1. It is the end of the expansion. This isn't 5.0, or even 5.1.
    2. These items aren't, by a long shot, the best gear you can obtain. They're just purple. They're just to get you a leg up so you don't have to go through the semi-linear course of gathering progressively-higher tiers of gear from an expansion that has spent itself.

Deleted
    Another, lets hate on Blizzard for trying to do what the player base wanted thread.

Next hater?

MoP is alt unfriendly, too much rep grind! *poof* Now its too easy to get exalted mounts!
    I don't want to grind quests to 90 on alts! *poof* Now that its 33% easier to level an Alt all my hard work leveling was wasted!
    It takes too long to get gear in LFR! *poof* This increased gear drop is handing out welfare purples!
    I'd like to make my alt raid ready faster!*Poof* Its raining welfare purples and its ruining the sha crystal market which I thought I was going to abuse my way to bags o' riches!!
    Theres too much money in the economy! *poof* This black Market sucks because now you can buy a mount that I had to work hard for! (ignoring that people work hard for their money).

It doesn't matter what Blizz does, someone out there will bitch up a storm about it. You don't like dailies but you hate the new area which gives you stuff to do without relying on dailies. Makes sense to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrandir17 View Post
    Back in my day, we walked FIFTEEN MILES UPHILL IN THE SNOW to Dire Maul and we GROUND OUR FINGERS TO THE BONE grinding out Fire-Resist gear so our guild could finally down Lucifron!
    Lucifron didn't require FR. So, no. I'm pretty sure I tanked this guy the second I hit level 60 with blues and greens equipped. It felt so much better, too. Epics actually meant something. Why is there even a blue and green quality anymore? Make everything epic with special green text underneath.
    Last edited by Phasma; 2013-09-12 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aridion View Post
    exactly HOW common are they?

First hour there I got like 10 496 epics lol, and I didn't know anything about the place before I go there - a LOT drop. The weird part is, it's hard to get gear that's actually useful for the max content, that and there's like 200 novelty items lol. Not saying they need all 535 gear, but make it a little more balanced lol.

I'm a fairly hardcore raider, and I say Timeless Isle is beautiful. The gear is only 496ilevel (2 tiers back) and it gives me an easier way to gear some of my other chars up. Also the puzzles and riddles there are a good time. BRING ON MORE ZONES LIKE THIS I SAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    Epics actually meant something. Why is there even a blue and green quality anymore? Make everything epic with special green text underneath.
    The key word here is meant something, past tense. This isnt the year 2005 anymore. The problem you have with the color purple is that you still have it stuck in your head that you should wiegh a person based on the color of their gear but Blizzard, who trump you when it comes to designing blizzard games, obviously do not share your sentiment. Purple is no longer the mark of excellence, it is a mark of what you get when you disenchant the gear and that is all. If you want the mark of excellence you have to look 3 pixels lower than the purple word for 'Heroic, normal, Flex and looking for Raid." I know that reading hurts peoples brains but we will all adapt, some quicker than others apparently.

I don't see the problem with this, it would be ridiculous to expect players to replay the whole expansion at this point to gear new characters. And also, most of the golden lotus dailies are gone with the vale changes and the barrens stuff is over, so there needs to be a new source of this type of gear.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

How good and easy is it to acquire the gear? I stopped playing in 5.2 cause my server was losing raiding guilds like crazy, but im thinking of getting time today

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Blizzard has reached an all time low with this "catch up" mechanic. Some people may like the fact that you can get 10-20 "epics" an hour on the timeless isle and gear your alts but really do you feel like you earned anything? Do you have any sense of accomplishment? -snip-
    Timeless Ilse runner: Phwew! Got me 20 epics and I'm fully geared out! Guys, can I join in tonight's raid?

Guild: You now meet the minimum iLevel, so sure!

Timeless Ilse runner: YAY! I feel like I've accomplished something by now being able to raid with my friends! ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Timeless Ilse runner: Phwew! Got me 20 epics and I'm fully geared out! Guys, can I join in tonight's raid?

Guild: You now meet the minimum iLevel, so sure!

Timeless Ilse runner: YAY! I feel like I've accomplished something by now being able to raid with my friends! ^_^
    Just remind how accomplished I feel when I receive that welfare check.
    Hey everyone