Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Even Gallywix was there.

Jaina basically murdered her father to stick up for the Horde, and the Horde eventually paid her back by nuking her city. Of course she's a batshit crazy ragebeast now.

Anyway no Horide can explain why Vol'Jin and Thrall would sit there at the very throne of Orgrimmar and let Varian threaten them openly without even going "Hey sir, I object to that tone!" except for them being bitches. Vol'Jin and Thrall are bitches, Varian Chynn has them on a leash. He comes up to them in Orgrimmar and goes "Don't let me catch you fucking off, or I will end your horde! Also give me your lunch money!" and the Horde just hands it over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimble View Post
    Jaina basically murdered her father to stick up for the Horde, and the Horde eventually paid her back by nuking her city. Of course she's a batshit crazy ragebeast now.
    Well, she was sort of prepared to give the Horde another chance, but then someone from the ranks of the Sunreavers screwed Dalaran's neutrality over big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimble View Post
    Anyway no Horide can explain why Vol'Jin and Thrall would sit there at the very throne of Orgrimmar and let Varian threaten them openly without even going "Hey sir, I object to that tone!" except for them being bitches. Vol'Jin and Thrall are bitches, Varian Chynn has them on a leash. He comes up to them in Orgrimmar and goes "Don't let me catch you fucking off, or I will end your horde! Also give me your lunch money!" and the Horde just hands it over.
    I know, just a cut back to Vol'jin looking pissed would be fine. "A look like "Yeah yeah yeah, talk your shit now...." But letting Varian have the last word so to speak, makes the new warchief look like a puss. The exchange started off cool. The look of shock on Varians face when the orcs parted and he saw Vol'jin was cool. The look Thrall gave him, the "yeah thats right McChin. Do something." was great. Then it ends with Varian taking thier twinkies thier moms packed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthyogi View Post
    I know, just a cut back to Vol'jin looking pissed would be fine. "A look like "Yeah yeah yeah, talk your shit now...." But letting Varian have the last word so to speak, makes the new warchief look like a puss. The exchange started off cool. The look of shock on Varians face when the orcs parted and he saw Vol'jin was cool. The look Thrall gave him, the "yeah thats right McChin. Do something." was great. Then it ends with Varian taking thier twinkies thier moms packed.
    "I Speak for the Horde." Is not making Vol'Jin look like a "puss".

Given that the Alliance was in a FAR more tactically superior position at the end of the Siege - I feel that Varian warning the Horde not to try to stab them in the back on their way out is sort of fine as a closing line.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    "I Speak for the Horde." Is not making Vol'Jin look like a "puss".

Given that the Alliance was in a FAR more tactically superior position at the end of the Siege - I feel that Varian warning the Horde not to try to stab them in the back on their way out is sort of fine as a closing line.
    Yeah, considering that Vol'jin is one of the few prominent Horde figures who aren't blinded by idealism and actually do serve the Horde, I reckon the treatment was fair. And after all, he does understand they all owe the Alliance now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Yeah, considering that Vol'jin is one of the few prominent Horde figures who aren't blinded by idealism and actually do serve the Horde, I reckon the treatment was fair. And after all, he does understand they all owe the Alliance now.
    I agree that Vol'jin is the best choice for Warchief since he doesnt want it (Thats what makes him perfect. Carine would have been better ) And his answering to Varian and standing straighter when he walked up to was showing he wasnt backing down, it was just the last 5 seconds letting Varian have the last look just bothered me. Vol'jin isnt stupid. He knew he needed the alliance to help, he's smart enough to know that the Horde is at a disadvantage and to let the alliance go with out trouble, but the implied "Bitch" at the end of Varians line is whats bothering me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthyogi View Post
    This very much. Was I the only one who thought that Varian actually planned to go along with Jaina's plan until he saw who the new warchief was?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    This very much. Was I the only one who thought that Varian actually planned to go along with Jaina's plan until he saw who the new warchief was?
    That might actually very well be the case. Nice catch. Would also explain why Vol'jin's grin in the context of the Alliance cinematic looks sinister and menacing while in the Horde one he seems more overwhelmed than anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Very doubtful. Varian was just surprised that Thrall wasn't the new Warchief, I don't see how he looks like he is 'afraid' or something. Why would Vol'jin being the new Warchief even make a difference? Thrall is way more powerful than Vol'jin.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Ahhhhh its beaughtyfull how the coin spins around...

- - - Updated - - -

It will get rebuilt...along with gilneas.
    Truly our fistpump moment was watching the Horde whine about their story as much as we did from 4.0 through yesterday.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    What I'm thinking is... Wouldn't just beating Garrosh in a 1v1 been sufficient? Most of the time, that'd be how you prove yourself the more worthy leader.

Orcs seem to be governed by strength, and it does seems fitting a military dictatorship. Garrosh is strong, thus he leads. If you are stronger, beat him and take over. If you cant, then well, maybe you shouldn't be Warchief.
    That's pretty much how it goes down, when the leader isn't buffed sky-high on nasty energies.

Deleted
    Well, this was a pretty decent end cinematic.
    Thrall had the balls to actually finish Garrosh, sweet.
    Garrosh first ever WoW xpac villain to survive, sweet.
    Thrall admits Vol'Jin is his better and kneels, sweet.
    Varian giving the Horde a chance, cliche but very cool of him.

Vol'Jin not standing upright the entire cinematic, meh.
    Vol'Jin's size significantly increased all of a sudden, meh.
    Jaina being merciless, meh.

Overall supriseless except for Garrosh's imprisonment, still manages to make a good end cinematic, thumbs up Blizz.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing I miss are Blizz's true cinematics. Everything for past couple of years has been more like cut scenes. I miss the true cinematic that made you feel like you were watching a movie

Finally got a chance to make this tweak to the ending of the cinematic. To me, I think it ends it better
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KD7Pz-OcGA
    Overall it doesnt change how it goes down, but I think the reaction shot of Vol'jin makes it clear that he's thinking "Ok mon, we'll play it your way while you got de uperhand......for now."

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snugglees View Post
    In the horde version, what do people think of Sylvannas bowing her head slightly, but not strongly showing any sign of respect?
    Do you think the slight head bow was significant?
    she was probably like yeah, what ever who cares. She knows she can put an arrow in that trolls heart at anytime

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    Vol'Jin's size significantly increased all of a sudden, meh.
    Trolls are pretty damn huge though, taller than any other race when they stand up straight, and it's especially obvious since the best view we get shows him and Varian. I was more surprised at Garrosh's bulk really.

Deleted
    Is there any horde dialogue after the video, like the alliance?

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesk View Post
    Getting the impression i'm the only one who thought the cinematic was really well done, all the characters fit their part, including Jaina.

Scratch that, wtf is up with Thrall... That's what i think a lot of you are skimming over, because ya'll think he cant put a foot wrong, THAT was not Thrall.
    It is very WC3 Thrall. Its definitely not WotLK onwards Thrall but I dont think thats a bad thing. I think after WotLK and Cataclysm, the do no wrong Neutral Thrall needs to be toned down.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Very doubtful. Varian was just surprised that Thrall wasn't the new Warchief, I don't see how he looks like he is 'afraid' or something. Why would Vol'jin being the new Warchief even make a difference? Thrall is way more powerful than Vol'jin.
    Because Thrall has always been very open to dealing with the Alliance in some way. Vol'Jin is depicted in Shadows of the Horde by the Alliance soldiers, as a human hunting machine. His reputation as well as the unknown - I mean how many times have Varian and Vol'Jin been in the same room with each other? Out of all the Horde leaders, Vol'Jin is probably the most unknown to the Alliance.

I don't think he is afraid, more cautious. Varian has dealth with Thrall before, he knows he is able to be reasoned with. Reasoning with a Troll? Especially one as proud as Vol'Jin - not as easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post

Because Thrall has always been very open to dealing with the Alliance in some way. Vol'Jin is depicted in Shadows of the Horde by the Alliance soldiers, as a human hunting machine. His reputation as well as the unknown - I mean how many times have Varian and Vol'Jin been in the same room with each other? Out of all the Horde leaders, Vol'Jin is probably the most unknown to the Alliance.

I don't think he is afraid, more cautious. Varian has dealth with Thrall before, he knows he is able to be reasoned with. Reasoning with a Troll? Especially one as proud as Vol'Jin - not as easy.
    Vol'jin didn't even talk about anything with Varian, all he confirmed was he spoke for the horde, and Varian did all the talking.
    #boycottchina