Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Noodle cart issue.

The person that puts the cart down, is incapable of receiving the buff. Since they are in a vehicle. Is this intended or a simple oversight? Because I don't find it fair that I pay for the 300 food to make the carts, but I also have to buy extra to get the buff aswell.

Discuss.

Edit: I derped super hard.. I didn't realize you could click yourself.
    Last edited by Niix; 2013-09-13 at 01:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niix View Post
    Edit: I derped super hard.. I didn't realize you could click yourself.
    Yup. Although I wouldn't mind either way.

Right now a single cart costs 6 single-person food but serves an entire raid with 5 bowls each. And I'm glad they "buffed" it like that, because clicking a banquet is just that much easier than using these carts to get buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you make these?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    How do you make these?
    The noodle cart questline begins at the broken bridge on the TImeless Isle. From there, you go to several dungeons, kill a huge pile of turtles, and finally play a minigame ripping off an oddly popular Japanese noodle-shop game. You will need to make the carts as part of the questline, so stock up on each of the six Ways' food, 250/275 stats, 5 each. But if you're anything like me, you have enough ingredients and/or Ironpaw tokens banked to make this trivial.

Completing the questline also unlocks 2 more Ironpaw Token daily quests, both involving the same noodle shop minigame. The game's not my cup of tea (or noodles...) but hoarding Ironpaw Tokens is, so there you go.

Deleted
    After going through the trouble of gathering enough reagents for a treasure noodle cart kit, I still need to pay additional gold for my own food buffs? What a ripoff. It's an efficient method for feeding a 25-man raid though I guess.
    Last edited by mmoc7960b93d6c; 2013-09-13 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The noodle cart questline begins at the broken bridge on the TImeless Isle. From there, you go to several dungeons, kill a huge pile of turtles, and finally play a minigame ripping off an oddly popular Japanese noodle-shop game. You will need to make the carts as part of the questline, so stock up on each of the six Ways' food, 250/275 stats, 5 each. But if you're anything like me, you have enough ingredients and/or Ironpaw tokens banked to make this trivial.

Completing the questline also unlocks 2 more Ironpaw Token daily quests, both involving the same noodle shop minigame. The game's not my cup of tea (or noodles...) but hoarding Ironpaw Tokens is, so there you go.
    I went to the place you mentioned and I cant find any quests . so I'm obviously missing something. No clue what it is since my cooking is 600, Im exalted with the tilers, I'm best friends with everyone in that town, and got master of the ways. I've opened a ticket. It says I have to wait 2 days to get a reply

Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
    After going through the trouble of gathering enough reagents for a treasure noodle cart kit, I still need to pay additional gold for my own food buffs? What a ripoff. It's an efficient method for feeding a 25-man raid though I guess.
    The horror of having to spend a extra 2-3gold.

Do you get 300 food or 275 food from this?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Do you get 300 food or 275 food from this?
    theres one for both the 300 one obviously requires alot more mats

Is this efficient for a 10-man raid?

I understand it takes 5 each of 300 food to make, but it seems a hassle to buy the food and eat from your own bags as opposed to simply right clicking a feast.

Quote Originally Posted by mashanu View Post
    Is this efficient for a 10-man raid?

I understand it takes 5 each of 300 food to make, but it seems a hassle to buy the food and eat from your own bags as opposed to simply right clicking a feast.
    Yes, 5 of each 300 food (+ brewer's breakfast) makes 5 carts. Each cart dispenses (for a 10 man raid) up to 59 food (5 for the cart dropper, 6 for everyone else - buy 5, eat 1, buy 1 more - cart dropper cannot do this), so 5 carts gives you up to 295 food. Realistically you'll get quite a bit lower than that, but even @200 food, it's 25 food input for 200 food output. The cart noodles also cost a not-insignificant amount of gold, but it's still worth it.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Yes, 5 of each 300 food (+ brewer's breakfast) makes 5 carts. Each cart dispenses (for a 10 man raid) up to 59 food (5 for the cart dropper, 6 for everyone else - buy 5, eat 1, buy 1 more - cart dropper cannot do this), so 5 carts gives you up to 295 food. Realistically you'll get quite a bit lower than that, but even @200 food, it's 25 food input for 200 food output. The cart noodles also cost a not-insignificant amount of gold, but it's still worth it.
    Sounds good.

Roughly what's the dps increase (compared to feasts) when a 10man raid has 250 (25x10) more of a stat?

25man raid? (625 more of a stat total)

Sounds good.

Roughly what's the dps increase (compared to feasts) when a 10man raid has 250 (25x10) more of a stat?

25man raid? (625 more of a stat total)
    It's very, very small. Adding 25 agi in Femaledwarf (a hunter theorycrafting tool) shows an increase of ~200 personal DPS. Out of 241,000. That's less than a tenth of a percent of an increase (~0.08%).

They are for people like min/max progression raiders who don't mind spending a little more for any possible increase.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catdancing View Post
    I went to the place you mentioned and I cant find any quests . so I'm obviously missing something. No clue what it is since my cooking is 600, Im exalted with the tilers, I'm best friends with everyone in that town, and got master of the ways. I've opened a ticket. It says I have to wait 2 days to get a reply
    have you done the opening 1-2 quests for each MoP sub-category of cooking (i.e. of the Pot, Brew, etc)? If not, then you will not see the quest marker. I found the quest marker within the rubble of the downed bridge on the Timeless Isle.

Protip: you can have everyone buy 5 then sell them over and over again. You can then later drop a Jeeves and buy back a stack (and then later with another Jeeves and later with another Jeeves) without using another Noodle Cart. As long as you don't log out or sell a bunch of other things, they will stay in the buyback tab.

This greatly increases the efficiency of Noodle Carts.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    I find the carts extremely user unfriendly for the player putting them up. You're left standing there like an idiot, waiting and hoping that everyone that needs it will buy, before you can cancel it and eat the food yourself.

I very much hope they do not bring carts into next expansion. They might be cost-efficient, but they're very annoying to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Protip: you can have everyone buy 5 then sell them over and over again. You can then later drop a Jeeves and buy back a stack (and then later with another Jeeves and later with another Jeeves) without using another Noodle Cart. As long as you don't log out or sell a bunch of other things, they will stay in the buyback tab.

This greatly increases the efficiency of Noodle Carts.
    sounds great, however I guess I can't really comprehend this process. Explain? sorry lol

sounds great, however I guess I can't really comprehend this process. Explain? sorry lol
    The noodles you buy are unique (5), so you can only hold 5 of them. Vendors have a "buy back" tab of the last 12(?) things you sold to any vendor, in your current game/character session. You buy 5, vendor them, buy 5, vendor them, again and again until you fill up that buyback tab as much as you see fit. Then any time you need a new stack, instead of dropping a new cart, someone would drop a jeeves, or some other vendor, and use the buyback tab to get it.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    The noodles you buy are unique (5), so you can only hold 5 of them. Vendors have a "buy back" tab of the last 12(?) things you sold to any vendor, in your current game/character session. You buy 5, vendor them, buy 5, vendor them, again and again until you fill up that buyback tab as much as you see fit. Then any time you need a new stack, instead of dropping a new cart, someone would drop a jeeves, or some other vendor, and use the buyback tab to get it.

Amazing! Thanks bro.

FYI buyback lasts 3 hours (I think)

BTW, they hotfixed the buyback thing. Noodles no longer cost gold and can no longer be vendored.