Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimble View Post
    For a while there Metzen really thought he was going to be able to push Thrall on Alliance players as some kind of beloved neutral hero. What an asshole. Glad to see the effort ended in failure.

The SoO ending cinematic at least put Thrall back in his place a bit. He came off as, you know, an orc, and not as Green Jesus Metzen trying to convince everyone in the world that he's the greatest thing ever.
    Agree, I hate Metzen's bullshit hard on for making neutral heroes like Thrall and Malfurion, they just become so bland and boring.

I was shocked a bit at him in the cinematic though, he seems to have such disgust for the Alliance which i've never really noticed before.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    He will certainly become flesh again. In the the recent cinematic he already lost a lot of levels he gained during cataclysm.
    Blizz attoned somewhat for Cata's Thrall in not having him become Warchief again.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Thrall's son and Anduin leading the armies of light against Sargeras burning legion. The End.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazmodius View Post
    Thrall's son and Anduin leading the armies of light against Sargeras burning legion. The End.
    at least maybe the horde will have an orc warchief again then..
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Yep orcs really need to be in the game more, players are getting sick of those non human/orc races getting so much time in game.

10+ Year Old Account

Feels weird that the leader of the Horde is not a Orc. Now the Orcs are just some aliens race thats apart of the locals, I don't want them to end up like the Draenei even though we are from the same world. Orcs vs Humans now its Trolls vs Humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragore View Post
    Feels weird that the leader of the Horde is not a Orc. Now the Orcs are just some aliens race thats apart of the locals, I don't want them to end up like the Draenei even though we are from the same world. Orcs vs Humans now its Trolls vs Humans.
    The Orcs were always aliens, they came from another planet. Trolls were the original race on Azeroth, and when you think about it, Trolls vs Humans is more appropriate considering the first war the first human settlement ever got into was with the Trolls in Arathi.

And no, the Draenei come from Argus, yet ANOTHER planet.

His name is Thrall get it right!

[2]

It's more like the Horde vs Humans. No matter what the Horde will always been seen as a whole 'unit' while the Alliance will be written as 'the Humans'. But I digress. It feels like the obvious bet is to say, 'Thrall will take a back seat' but I would be willing to bet he comes back in a big-ish way in the near future. Now he has to help mend things inside the Horde and 'atone' for putting faith in Garrosh and standing by while he became a monster. The same could be said of Sylvanas but since a lot of her power plays happened under Garrosh she'll get a free pass.

At first I thought the 'strike him down' Thrall was weird but after thinking about it he was just (as I said above) attempting to atone for his misguided actions. If he were to kill Garrosh then and there it would have a) made Thrall Warchief again (almost assuredly) and b) made up to the Horde for his picking of Garrosh. After all Thrall is now a haunted character, his actions lead directly to the death of Cairne, the despoiling of Pandaria, the loosening of the reins on Sylvanas and the things she has done, etc. So when we see him next we'll probably see more of that 'haunted Thrall' making amends. Though Blizzard might not have thought it out that much haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    it isn't just that, orcs have always been the horde since warcraft began. And trying to make some ironic twist in the story in saying 'all the horde needs to be represented now' is some pitiful attempt by blizzard to satisfy whiners. Humans are still the defacto alliance race, meaning the alliance is still governed by the race that formed it, so until the alliance humans are disbanded and crushed and another alliance race represents it, I don't be calling any troll warchief.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    yeah thrall. And he will just chill with the wife and kids. he has done alot
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

I know that Go'el didnt want to be a leader anymore, but i think that even if he did have to lead the orcs, then maybe it would be a comfortable-enough role for him--he could even do his earthen-ring stuff still. I mean he was the Warchief of the entire Horde for years and years--and that probably takes much more time and focus. Only leading the orcs and Orgrimmar may be small-scale enough in comparison to not overwhelm him with work, and take over his shamanistic purpose and family life.

What interests me is even though Orgrimmar and the orcs have been through hell and back, would they trust him again if he were to move back in full time?

Either way, the first thing that has to be done is shamanistic duty to fix the elements back in place around the city, and then cleanup. First things first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

it isn't just that, orcs have always been the horde since warcraft began. And trying to make some ironic twist in the story in saying 'all the horde needs to be represented now' is some pitiful attempt by blizzard to satisfy whiners. Humans are still the defacto alliance race, meaning the alliance is still governed by the race that formed it, so until the alliance humans are disbanded and crushed and another alliance race represents it, I don't be calling any troll warchief.
    Democracies evolve and change

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    yeah thrall. And he will just chill with the wife and kids. he has done alot
    Fucking Aggra fucked everything up -.- he should of remained Warchief so Douchebag Garrosh didn't have to go and break the horde but nooooooooooooo LETS GO MAKE HIM INTO A GOD and be like I got a wife and kid now I also have to mend the earth SO GARROSH YOU WILL TAKE MY MANTLE I'm 100% sure NOTHING will go wrong whatsoever here you can also have Gorehowl that your going to throw away but I'm good.

Mad :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Democracies evolve and change
    just because change happens doesn't make it good change, you'd have to be cut off from all emotions to just go by life and accept all change as it comes.
    #boycottchina

This

Thrall is the man with the hammer.

Go'el is a whipped hobo Shaman.

Fucking Aggra fucked everything up -.- he should of remained Warchief so Douchebag Garrosh didn't have to go and break the horde but nooooooooooooo LETS GO MAKE HIM INTO A GOD and be like I got a wife and kid now I also have to mend the earth SO GARROSH YOU WILL TAKE MY MANTLE I'm 100% sure NOTHING will go wrong whatsoever here you can also have Gorehowl that your going to throw away but I'm good.

Mad :P
    I, too, nurture a deep-seeded furor inside my soul over this very thing. I can see how it seemed like a good idea to move the story in a different direction, but damn.

just because change happens doesn't make it good change, you'd have to be cut off from all emotions to just go by life and accept all change as it comes.
    Equally not all change is bad.

Vol'Jin has shown he is capable of leading the horde and upholding their virtues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    I, too, nurture a deep-seeded furor inside my soul over this very thing. I can see how it seemed like a good idea to move the story in a different direction, but damn.
    As I say, change isn't always a good thing. All you can do it hope something better comes from it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Equally not all change is bad.

Vol'Jin has shown he is capable of leading the horde and upholding their virtues.
    no.. he hasn't.

Vol'jin has yet to show himself as a capable warchief. He lead the rebellion? More like he brought a rebellion together that was ready to form at a moments notice.

He might uphold virtues, but they are virtues that came from Thrall to begin with, along with Cairne when the horde was formed.

There is a reason why Vol'jin was such an undeveloped character for years, because blizzard didn't give a f**k about him. Then they need a scapegoat to push the story in another direction and create some twists, and boom, plucked vol'jin out of the mix and used him.
    #boycottchina

God damn why couldn't they have picked a better name for him?

I assume he'll continue his duties in the Earthen Ring in a similar way to Malfurion in the Cenarion Circle.

- - - Updated - - -

Good time to bring in Ogres then huh?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    Aggra is a useless and uninteresting character, and she can shut the hell up until his name plate stops reading "Thrall", so forever.
    It was first put into the game in TBC, where he learns it from the Mag'har. I guess Aggra uses it because of their personal relationship. But he keeps his stage name because he's known by it for so many :P

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I'm guessing Thrall will be the orc racial leader.
    This will surely be the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.