Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never said he did any talking with him. I said Vol'Jin has never really had many (in game atleast) encounters with Varian, coupled with his reputation amongst Alliance soliders, would probably cause Varian to be a bit uneasy or cautious in dealing with him, as depicted by his surprised look in the cinematic.

Deleted
    lal

that looks like the plot of a sunday morning cartoon, totally uninteresting for the end of a whole expansion 'got a new chain of command, back to normal'.

top kek.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeener View Post
    Is there any horde dialogue after the video, like the alliance?
    I'm curious about this as well. I don't see why there wouldn't be, but so far I haven't seen anyone post anything.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    The ending proves how hollow was the premise of the whole expansion. Nobody apart from the 0.5% of players caring about not just the lore but the politics of the lore care than the uninteresting chain of command of any faction has a change. It's like the whole expansion lead to the switching of a government official.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    I never said he did any talking with him. I said Vol'Jin has never really had many (in game atleast) encounters with Varian, coupled with his reputation amongst Alliance soliders, would probably cause Varian to be a bit uneasy or cautious in dealing with him, as depicted by his surprised look in the cinematic.
    I think most of it was just surprise to be honest. Varian, after all, has not read Shadows of the Horde and wasn't aware of the foreshadowing of Vol'jin taking over the Horde. He likely assumed Thrall would reclaim the title and had to rethink what he was going to do when it turned out to be Vol'jin. He ultimately decided that Vol'jin was an acceptable choice and gave basically the same warning he planned to give Thrall.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    I'm curious about this as well. I don't see why there wouldn't be, but so far I haven't seen anyone post anything.
    There's this from Thrall, and three of the others say the following:

Vol'jin: Stand tall, druid. Today ya saved de soul of de Horde.

Baine: We are all in this together, druid.

Lor'themar: I find politics exhausting. I am confident Vol'jin will take us where we need to go. <Lor'themar glances at Sylvanas> Assuming we can hold this Horde together.

The streamer who saw it hearthed out before talking to Sylvanas and Gallywix, whose gossip texts would have been the most interesting IMO. x.x

Quote Originally Posted by Tesk View Post
    Getting the impression i'm the only one who thought the cinematic was really well done, all the characters fit their part, including Jaina.

Scratch that, wtf is up with Thrall... That's what i think a lot of you are skimming over, because ya'll think he cant put a foot wrong, THAT was not Thrall.
    I thought it was great. My only quibbles would be:

1) Yeah Thrall executing Garrosh right there is a bit out of character, but then again considering all he's done and the fact that this is the end of a punishing internecine civil war, and the fact Thrall feels personally responsible for him - maybe that makes sense.

2) Jaina's new direction. They basically swapped her and Varian because they decided the hotheaded idiot Varian needed to mature into a more responsible, thoughtful leader worthy of our respect (this I'm okay with). Unfortunately this means someone has to be the aggressive warmonger asshat and now it's Jaina, thanks to Theramore. Which sucks because I always liked Jaina. I hope they write her responsibly in future. I don't think she's RUINED FOREVER, but I hope they don't take her character too far for the sake of creating conflict.

3) Vol'Jin's face really needs some work (I know his model was relatively recently updated but still)... bring on that model update already!

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Even Gallywix was there.
    IKR? Doffed his hat! That's respect I tellya!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    IKR? Doffed his hat! That's respect I tellya!
    Still horrendously disappointed that he's not dead or exiled, yet. The entire Goblin start was him trying to rob and kill the entirety of his people then trying to kill the former Warchief of the Horde and then going to Orgrimmar and being allowed to build a "pleasure palace" instead of getting a public execution? Writing staff went home early that day and let Bob from tech support finish the synopsis.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    The ending proves how hollow was the premise of the whole expansion. Nobody apart from the 0.5% of players caring about not just the lore but the politics of the lore care than the uninteresting chain of command of any faction has a change. It's like the whole expansion lead to the switching of a government official.
    ya the storytellign really is terrible, they need to do something about that it was just piss poor. The 180 approach to storytelling is the worst freaking approach one can take.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Well, Vol'jin has had plenty time since launch of Cataclysm to do something about this!
    He was told directly by Thrall not to do anything about it though.