Energy Issues 5.4

should i follow askmrrobot.com has do all crit or noxxic which is the opposite? for patch 5.4. AMR says even with 5.3 gear follow what we say. My energy is pathetic right now

Mod note: See post 3. Threadjacked!
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-09-12 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnige View Post
    should i follow askmrrobot.com has do all crit or noxxic which is the opposite? for patch 5.4. AMR says even with 5.3 gear follow what we say. My energy is pathetic right now
    Neither. Use shadowcraft or simcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had a rogue tonight complaining about serious energy issues during Galakron; I don't have the time atm to check, but something involving Venomous Wounds energy return might be bugged (either tick return, or on-death return)? Would love it if someone could quickly check.
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-09-12 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Typo. I'm bad.

On death energy refund was working fine on all bosses from what I saw so far.
    Dropndestroy | i7-3770k 4.6Ghz | EVGA GTX 680 SC Signature+ SLI | ASUS Maximus V Formula | G.Skill 16gb 2400 | AX850

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did Galakron through Mal tonight and my energy seemed about the same as usual.

Energy has been fine. If you're combat they changed SS energy but you didn't specify what spec you are. Assassination is fine and pulling good dps so far.

We did only 2 pulls on Galakron and then went to sleep, but my energy regen was pretty OK back then.

Deleted
    shadowcraft is the best imo

Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    Had a rogue tonight complaining about serious energy issues during Galakron; I don't have the time atm to check, but something involving Venomous Wounds energy return might be bugged (either tick return, or on-death return)? Would love it if someone could quickly check.
    I have no issues with energy regen.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

He may be complaining about the lack of the old 4 pc's reduction in energy cost with SB up. It severely reduces my frontal burst which is compounded with the shorter duration of both of our trinkets.

I find that over the course of the fight my damage is more stable i just miss the 500k+ burst opennings i used to be able to pull off.

I just picked up 2pcs and haromms so we will see how those play out. Haromms so far has high uptime of the proc and that additional damage rivals that of my mutilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xquizite View Post
    He may be complaining about the lack of the old 4 pc's reduction in energy cost with SB up. It severely reduces my frontal burst which is compounded with the shorter duration of both of our trinkets.
    This seems likely, or he wasn't handling rupture properly.

It's too much effort to check in-depth for a specific encounter with many enemies on WoLogs before they track bosses and trash for the tier >.>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xquizite View Post

I find that over the course of the fight my damage is more stable i just miss the 500k+ burst opennings i used to be able to pull off.

I just picked up 2pcs and haromms so we will see how those play out. Haromms so far has high uptime of the proc and that additional damage rivals that of my mutilate.
    It annoys me so much popping Shadow Blades with only 2-3 seconds left on Rentakis

Quote Originally Posted by Hamhead223 View Post
    It annoys me so much popping Shadow Blades with only 2-3 seconds left on Rentakis

i didn't notice the trinket nerf untill raid today. and i played ptr alot o_o

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    i didn't notice the trinket nerf untill raid today. and i played ptr alot o_o
    Yeah, i figured it out about half way through the raid when our Intellect user asked why it was 10seconds only on theirs

And I noticed it on first time to proc. Although the good news is with haromms and 2pc i can get my 500k burst again with lust at start and i was able to sustain 250k on siegecrafter when allowed to just sit on boss patchwork style.

The 2pc (and i have yet to track it at all) feels somewhat rng when you want it to proc alot (during all your trinkets and lust) but sometimes gives me more energy then i can ue with my gcds (for maybe 1-2 seconds)

You don't really need to track your 2set at all. It's basically a semi-static reduction which changes nothing of how you play.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

O i know that, however it's nice to be able to see the differences in proc rates as i shift towards more crit, atleast until wol gets an update.