Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Siege of Orgrimmar Raid Guides - Everything You Need

This post is made with permission from MMO-Champion forum admins.

Hi there! I raid in ScrubBusters (world rank 7). I've spent a lot of time preparing these guides for 5.4 - hopefully you'll find them useful and they'll help you to knock some extra bosses down. We've killed every boss in SoO on live already, so if you have any questions about the encounters, feel free to ask them here and I'll do my best to answer how we did them.

Immerseus

The Fallen Protectors

Norushen

Sha of Pride

Galakras

Iron Juggernaut

Kor'kron Dark Shaman

General Nazgrim

Malkorok

Spoils of Pandaria

Thok the Bloodthirsty

Siegecrafter Blackfuse

Paragons of the Klaxxi

Garrosh Hellscream
    Last edited by EvreliaGaming; 2013-11-02 at 12:30 PM.

Cool. Thanks for the guildes. Are you going to do 5.4 lock guides?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Cool. Thanks for the guildes. Are you going to do 5.4 lock guides?
    Yes, after I've done Heroics next week.

Hey Evrelia,

I have a few questions about Thok the Bloodthirsty (25man). I already read your guides based on PTR testing but after doing a few tries yesterday I still have some questions (If you explain it it the video that is comming up you don't have to answer ).

For us the strategy of having 1 person being the most distant player did not seem to work, the fixations appeared to be quite random. I am 100% sure we had some fixations happen on people who where in the middle of the raid with others behind them.
    I was also wondering if you still used 12 stacks of energy regeneration as a switching point? We seemed to have some problems doing enough dps on the boss (altough probably caused by few ppl getting chomped..). We put melee on the jailer while ranged stays on the boss in p2 to maximize dps. We free the adds at around 10 stacks on the boss in p2. Our guild also had a debate on when to use hero, at the pull or when the Warmaster is released (increased damage?)

Ps: Your PTR guides have been really helpfull for progress so far, thanks!
    Last edited by aesthir; 2013-09-13 at 09:05 AM.

Deleted
    Thanks for all this even tho ive yet to watch! Awesome
    Last edited by mmocbb1534d252; 2013-09-13 at 08:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great guides, gratz

Deleted
    Thanks mate!

Quote Originally Posted by aesthir View Post
    Hey Evrelia,

I have a few questions about Thok the Bloodthirsty (25man). I already read your guides based on PTR testing but after doing a few tries yesterday I still have some questions (If you explain it it the video that is comming up you don't have to answer ).

For us the strategy of having 1 person being the most distant player did not seem to work, the fixations appeared to be quite random. I am 100% sure we had some fixations happen on people who where in the middle of the raid with others behind them.
    I was also wondering if you still used 12 stacks of energy regeneration as a switching point? We seemed to have some problems doing enough dps on the boss (altough probably caused by few ppl getting chomped..). We put melee on the jailer while ranged stays on the boss in p2 to maximize dps. We free the adds at around 10 stacks on the boss in p2. Our guild also had a debate on when to use hero, at the pull or when the Warmaster is released (increased damage?)

Ps: Your PTR guides have been really helpfull for progress so far, thanks!
    I'll be releasing a video for this guy today. His fixate was on the furthest target on our last PTR test, but it is random now, you're correct. I'll update the written guide once the video is out later today.

We do still push him around 12 stacks. You can try to take more but you'll be at risk of random deaths. You're better off trying to kite him a little longer between the entrance and the side of the room your raid is not on. We didn't really specifically extend the kite phase either, usually pushed him around 9, although that's the phase you should consider extending if necessary.

We use lust on the pull. He's at 72% when the first kite phase starts.

He's at 22% when the fire phase begins, at which point we just stacked up in melee (yes, in the fire) and chained raid cooldowns til it died. We pushed him into his last frenzy at 0.1% or something, so we could have carried on for another 40 seconds or so. The fire doesnt do much damage, but you can just move your raid to the left a bit if it starts to hurt - just dont spread until he frenzies.
    Last edited by EvreliaGaming; 2013-09-13 at 11:52 AM.

I've been sending my guildies to your video guides when we get stuck, I like them a lot. Especially since you don't feel the need to put really annoying music on everything, unlike many of the currently available kill videos.

10+ Year Old Account
    bookmarked this page.

3rd boss = gearcheck? We hit enrage on 45%. (Ilvl 490-529, no legendary backs)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    It depends how you control the corruption. Less corruption = more damage/healing. Having cloaks helps a lot, but controlling the corruption better would help more (in 10 man at least).

It is and it isn't. In our group we sent healer+top dps, healer+2nd dps, healer+3rd dps, tank+4th dps (hit 50% around here). On our first attempt at this we hit the enrage with about 20% left. On our 2nd attempt we killed it with 20 seconds to spare on the enrage. It was actually really surprising. We are all in 520+ with cloaks though. It seems like once you get the strat and fine tune it a bit you can gain a big jump in DPS. And as someone stated, managing corruption is important. After you get cleansed you should never get any corruption for the rest of the fight.

Signature Created by Jassinta

I've heard a few guilds say they struggled with it. We tried ignoring all the mechanics and just zerging it down and hit enrage around 10%, but doing it properly the enrage wasnt an issue at all, killed it with 1.5 minutes or so to spare. If you're hitting enrage at 45% you must be doing something very wrong with purifying your DPS. Send high dps down early, and let tanks and healers soak pools. Make sure healers are DPSing too when they can, especially early on.

You can also try sending two DPS on the first orbs. You'll get more adds but it'll help with DPS a lot.
    Last edited by EvreliaGaming; 2013-09-13 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EvreliaGaming View Post
    I've heard a few guilds say they struggled with it. We tried ignoring all the mechanics and just zerging it down and hit enrage around 10%, but doing it properly the enrage wasnt an issue at all, killed it with 1.5 minutes or so to spare. If you're hitting enrage at 45% you must be doing something very wrong with purifying your DPS. Send high dps down early, and let tanks and healers soak pools. Make sure healers are DPSing too when they can, especially early on.
    On the subject, thanks for your guides. Watched them all and directed guildies to them and we downed the first 4 bosses in our first night. Keep up the good work.

Signature Created by Jassinta

I'll be releasing a video for this guy today. His fixate was on the furthest target on our last PTR test, but it is random now, you're correct. I'll update the written guide once the video is out later today.

We do still push him around 12 stacks. You can try to take more but you'll be at risk of random deaths. You're better off trying to kite him a little longer between the entrance and the side of the room your raid is not on. We didn't really specifically extend the kite phase either, usually pushed him around 9, although that's the phase you should consider extending if necessary.

We use lust on the pull. He's at 72% when the first kite phase starts.

He's at 22% when the fire phase begins, at which point we just stacked up in melee (yes, in the fire) and chained raid cooldowns til it died. We pushed him into his last frenzy at 0.1% or something, so we could have carried on for another 40 seconds or so. The fire doesnt do much damage, but you can just move your raid to the left a bit if it starts to hurt - just dont spread until he frenzies.
    Thanks for the response, will help a lot Looking forward to your next guides!

Added Siegecrafter Blackfuse.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    It depends how you control the corruption. Less corruption = more damage/healing. Having cloaks helps a lot, but controlling the corruption better would help more (in 10 man at least).
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    It is and it isn't. In our group we sent healer+top dps, healer+2nd dps, healer+3rd dps, tank+4th dps (hit 50% around here). On our first attempt at this we hit the enrage with about 20% left. On our 2nd attempt we killed it with 20 seconds to spare on the enrage. It was actually really surprising. We are all in 520+ with cloaks though. It seems like once you get the strat and fine tune it a bit you can gain a big jump in DPS. And as someone stated, managing corruption is important. After you get cleansed you should never get any corruption for the rest of the fight.

You can also try sending two DPS on the first orbs. You'll get more adds but it'll help with DPS a lot.
    We tried many strats, mostly same result. Though only 1 dps over 100k (with corruption), some around 50k before they removed corruption.
    Most attempts were: dps+healer, dps+tank, dps+healer, dps+tank, dps+healer.

Just gotta keep trying, nice guides

Awesome guides. Highly reccomended!

10+ Year Old Account
    ur missing Thok, sorry if this was already pointed out