Wait wait wait.....

I must be wrong here, but I thought crossed realm servers were supposed to launch with 5.4? In all the notes and articles I have seen they stated that come 5.4 they would be practically merging low populated servers together.

Now I see on the front page of MMO-Champ that they are still determining what Realms to connect and they just figured their first pair together. And we are still waiting on the date for it to be merged/when ours will. I dont see why they couldnt have said that in the patch notes, I fully expected to be merged when I logged on this Tuesday but noticed there wasnt anymore people in Org or out in the world.

Now, did they mention this somehwere? Or am I not the only one confused by this, iam not whining and saying "I want it now." Iam just confused as to why they said it would ship with 5.4 and then come 5.4 they havnt even merged their first servers yet. Now Iam just assuming it will take another 2 months for my server to manage to be merged......*sigh*

Patch 5.4 Feature Preview: Connected Realms

Since they were announced they have stated they would not come at the start of 5.4

Quote Originally Posted by colossus127 View Post
    I must be wrong here, but I thought crossed realm servers were supposed to launch with 5.4? In all the notes and articles I have seen they stated that come 5.4 they would be practically merging low populated servers together.

Now I see on the front page of MMO-Champ that they are still determining what Realms to connect and they just figured their first pair together. And we are still waiting on the date for it to be merged/when ours will. I dont see why they couldnt have said that in the patch notes, I fully expected to be merged when I logged on this Tuesday but noticed there wasnt anymore people in Org or out in the world.

Now, did they mention this somehwere? Or am I not the only one confused by this, iam not whining and saying "I want it now." Iam just confused as to why they said it would ship with 5.4 and then come 5.4 they havnt even merged their first servers yet. Now Iam just assuming it will take another 2 months for my server to manage to be merged......*sigh*
    Already has happened. Find a big group and mouse over their name. In the bottom right you should see Coalesced realm *. I saw it on the TI day 1.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Already has happened. Find a big group and mouse over their name. In the bottom right you should see Coalesced realm *. I saw it on the TI day 1.
    Ya I noticed the coalesced thing to, Iam just wondering because I havnt seen anyone in Org since my server is dead, I thought it would let us use the same AH and same Org and stuff?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    That's just a placeholder. There have been no connected realms yet. The first pair will be Boulderfist and Bloodscalp. Blizzard hasn't released when they will be connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Patch 5.4 Feature Preview: Connected Realms

Since they were announced they have stated they would not come at the start of 5.4
    Iam reading that over and the last question is the ONLY place I have ever seen them refer to it not being launched with 5.4 Every other patch note they say, "the implementation of crossed realms!" If they werent planning on it being out for 5.4 they should have said, "which 5.4 launching we will slowly be implementing our new cross realms feature which should be functional sometime after 5.4's release."

But they dont, every patch note and official blue just straight says, 5.4 will have crossed realms. Iam not crazy mad about it, just wondering why they would say something and do another. I mean if its been established well off by everyone that it wouldnt then my bad, but all my guildees and friends who play on other servers all expected it to be out for 5.4, so the mis communication cant be on just my end you know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Iam reading that over and the last question is the ONLY place I have ever seen them refer to it not being launched with 5.4 Every other patch note they say, "the implementation of crossed realms!" If they werent planning on it being out for 5.4 they should have said, "which 5.4 launching we will slowly be implementing our new cross realms feature which should be functional sometime after 5.4's release."

But they dont, every patch note and official blue just straight says, 5.4 will have crossed realms. Iam not crazy mad about it, just wondering why they would say something and do another. I mean if its been established well off by everyone that it wouldnt then my bad, but all my guildees and friends who play on other servers all expected it to be out for 5.4, so the mis communication cant be on just my end you know.
    The official 5.4 patch notes point directly to the page talking about Connected Realms specifically. "Learn more about this feature in our Patch 5.4 Feature Preview: Connected Realms."

If they said: PvPers will have to wait 1 week, people on dead servers will have to wait 1 week and people who want to progress on Timeless Isle (on a high pop server) will have to wait 1+ week those people wouldn't even bother and go play GTA V instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Well I hate to tell you this but all your guildies and friends are just as misinformed as you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Connected Realms is a part of patch 5.4 but they did not want to implement it on the day the patch launched. It makes sense. It's a new feature that has the potential for lots of issues so they are doing a slow rollout to make sure it goes smoothly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    If they said: PvPers will have to wait 1 week, people on dead servers will have to wait 1 week and people who want to progress on Timeless Isle (on a high pop server) will have to wait 1+ week those people wouldn't even bother and go play GTA V instead.
    I actually see a lot of dead servers being in high demand for CRZ premades on the Timeless Isle.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Can you link us some of this info you been looking at?

On EU Argent Dawn we noticed Bloodhoof and Burning Legion people in the chat of the Isle. Not sure if those players were also in person there or just in a joined chat.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Coalesced Realms and Connected Realms are NOT the same thing. Coalesced realms are simply people from another realm that you typically encounter in dungeon finder/LFR/scenarios/etc.

Connected Realms will be rolling out slowly over an unknown length of time and were said to not be launching immediately with 5.4 since they were announced.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll just interject into all of this that while connected realms over the long run will be a good thing it's important to remember that this is brand new technology for Blizzard and will likely have some bugs that need to be worked out at first. So it's not surprising that Blizzard will go slow, take their time, isolate initial problems to just a few realms, etc. Mail systems, the Auction House and all sorts of things like that will need to be looked at for things that never showed up as problems on the PTR.

There's a lot they can do on the PTR but for this sort of thing it really requires something like a live beta to weed everything out so at least for the first few months that's what it will be: a live beta. Personally, I'd rather that some low pop realms be the testing area for this so that when they start looking at lesser-to-medium populated realms it all goes as smoothly as possible.

In any case they've been clear that it wasn't going to happen all at once on day one of 5.4 so it's best to go and read what they actually say in their blog about it rather than relying on what a friend of a friend of a friend saw in chat or on a forum.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-09-13 at 05:50 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."