Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Heh, I haven't kept up with the current complaints but I am glad to see the vitriol from the expected ones on here.

Really though, is it any surprise that Vol'jin is the warchief? They've practically been telegraphing it since his run in with Garrosh. They could have gone with another orc, but that would have been expect, so they just went with the second most expected thing beyond Thrall taking the mantle again. Honestly, I am glad that it is a non-orc. It will help cement that the horde is a unified group that any of the races have a chance with. Sure it isn't the iconic thing, but we've had that since the start. The Allience really only have humans and that's about it, while the horde have a far more diverse group that get far more story in general.

I like the fact that Thrall was going to outright execute Garrosh then and there. I do have a feeling that the next dishonorable leader will be coming from the Alliance through Jaina.

Also, I like the "Awww sh**..." look from Varien when he first see's their choice of a warchief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thefinalwarden View Post
    Heh, I haven't kept up with the current complaints but I am glad to see the vitriol from the expected ones on here.

Really though, is it any surprise that Vol'jin is the warchief? They've practically been telegraphing it since his run in with Garrosh. They could have gone with another orc, but that would have been expect, so they just went with the second most expected thing beyond Thrall taking the mantle again. Honestly, I am glad that it is a non-orc. It will help cement that the horde is a unified group that any of the races have a chance with. Sure it isn't the iconic thing, but we've had that since the start. The Allience really only have humans and that's about it, while the horde have a far more diverse group that get far more story in general.

I like the fact that Thrall was going to outright execute Garrosh then and there. I do have a feeling that the next dishonorable leader will be coming from the Alliance through Jaina.
    As many have said, the devs claiming the warchief would be unexpected, when everyone expected Vol'jin, just means how badly they suck as doing anything subtle.
    they gave him a f**king novel, as a mean of forcing on us his importance, which wasn't even great a book, and shoved him in every situation, well still appearing bad at it.
    #boycottchina

Was kind of hoping Blizzard would gank him in 5.4, but since that apparently didn't happen (haven't really had time to log on and do any 5.4 stuff yet) hoping he'll ride off into the sunset and we can finally stop hearing about him for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Agree, I hate Metzen's bullshit hard on for making neutral heroes like Thrall and Malfurion, they just become so bland and boring.

I was shocked a bit at him in the cinematic though, he seems to have such disgust for the Alliance which i've never really noticed before.
    Thrall and Varian do not like or respect each other at all. Hell even in Cata when they were pushing Neutral Thrall during the Anger part of the Thrall quest chain one of the things he shouts is about storming Stormwind and smashing Varian's throne in two.

Anyway what I hope happens to him is that he remains the way he was portrayed in SoO and we all just forget about Cata.

My question is if Thrall is the Orc Racial leader does that mean he's going to be handing the Earthen Ring back to Muln Earthfury, cause its an explicitly nonfactional organization now with Shamans from both the Horde and Alliance and the position of ruler of the Orcs is a very factional position.

I think it is time for them to just put him on the side lines for awhile. He has stuck his neck out on conflicts enough in the last two Xpacks. Let him settle down and be a father to that new kid, btw did they ever say if it was a boy or girl?
    Care to check out the videos I create on youtube? check out this link..........www.youtube.com/syllergaming

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galosengen View Post
    My question is if Thrall is the Orc Racial leader does that mean he's going to be handing the Earthen Ring back to Muln Earthfury, cause its an explicitly nonfactional organization now with Shamans from both the Horde and Alliance and the position of ruler of the Orcs is a very factional position.
    The Alliance has the Kirin Tor for themselves why cant we have the Earthen Ring?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by syller View Post
    I think it is time for them to just put him on the side lines for awhile. He has stuck his neck out on conflicts enough in the last two Xpacks. Let him settle down and be a father to that new kid, btw did they ever say if it was a boy or girl?
    Pretty sure it's a boy.

I don't think Vol'jin has strong enough personality to make an interesting Warchief on his own. I think we will see Thrall heavily intertwined with the decision making. Pretty much being the unofficial co-Warchief.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    As many have said, the devs claiming the warchief would be unexpected, when everyone expected Vol'jin, just means how badly they suck as doing anything subtle.
    they gave him a f**king novel, as a mean of forcing on us his importance, which wasn't even great a book, and shoved him in every situation, well still appearing bad at it.
    Your right. They should have said "It's somebody you all expect".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus View Post
    Your right. They should have said "It's somebody you all expect".
    Trassk is completely right though. I think what they learned is to not so say anything on the matter, or should learn. It would have been a lot better if they just said nothing.