Deleted
    Tips & tricks per boss very welcome pls (grimoire, pet, talents/glyphs changes, ember usage).
    I find it very hard to believe one can be first on protector if any other player is playing a dot class.
    He's playing in 10 man though, so there isn't that much competition for the 1st place and much more opportunities to exec (but I don't think you can gain embers with SB on Protectors ?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    He's playing in 10 man though, so there isn't that much competition for the 1st place and much more opportunities to exec (but I don't think you can gain embers with SB on Protectors ?)
    Exactly. In a 10 man raid you'll have plenty of time and opportunities to SB-snipe properly.
    Regarding the Protectors; If I remember correctly (died extremely fast in normal) I was not able to get shards from the summoned adds so SB shouldn't get any extra embers either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pafnuc View Post
    Exactly. In a 10 man raid you'll have plenty of time and opportunities to SB-snipe properly.
    Regarding the Protectors; If I remember correctly (died extremely fast in normal) I was not able to get shards from the summoned adds so SB shouldn't get any extra embers either.
    IIRC they jump away when they die (because they spawn from the boss him/herself). So they're extensions of the boss, kinda.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pafnuc View Post
    Can confirm this, both for destro and affli.

Hey guys,

Im 527 item level, http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...e/Ace/advanced

I just wanted to know what specs are optimum for my item level and gear. I have UVLS LFR, Wushu thunderforged normal and the valor trinket from Isle.

if there is someone who can give me a tip on which spec can give me the most optimal dps in my situation i would be glad

^^^

Pondering the same question... read the last 20 pages or so and couldn't anything definite.. i know the general consensus is "play the spec you like" but im torn b/w destro / affl as my MS in light of the changes in 5.4 (granted i haven't had the chance to play too much since it dropped) ... was wondering if any destro locks who tried affl can tell me their feeling on this? should i make the switch?!?

edit* im currently destro and am saddened by the nerfs of the spec... but am intrigued by the boosts of affl
    Last edited by Chezerus; 2013-09-13 at 01:59 PM. Reason: additional info

Quote Originally Posted by Chezerus View Post
    ^^^

Pondering the same question... read the last 20 pages or so and couldn't anything definite.. i know the general consensus is "play the spec you like" but im torn b/w destro / affl as my MS in light of the changes in 5.4 (granted i haven't had the chance to play too much since it dropped) ... was wondering if any destro locks who tried affl can tell me their feeling on this? should i make the switch?!?

edit* im currently destro and am saddened by the nerfs of the spec... but am intrigued by the boosts of affl

Well i enjoy all 3 specs but i played destro for a while and i prefer to play demo/affliction this patch. I was on vication for a while and all my guildies friends are 545 item level and now that i am back I don't want to be boosted through SOO and i want to try the most optimum spec at my item level in order to help them out

im looking for the optimal dps spec as well... any suggestions are welcome

25 Man Garrosh: Even if you don't AoE in p1 (BrM monk tank + usage of Ironstars means probably wiser to just burn the boss) beyond RoF for embers and some Sburn sniping, destro is suprisingly good for the whole fight.

And yeah if you do AoE p1, omg.

At some point we'll see some ridiculous parses when people blatantly pad and AoE minions in P2 and 3.

Deleted
    World of Logs is now tracking the fights. Destro is basically last everywhere (among lock specs), even Spoils, often by a huge margin. Might need more data though.

Thanks, zumzum... this is what i feared :-( ... havent ran affl since pre-cata

WoL for some reason only recorded 3 fights out of the 8 I did last night... strange...

Quote Originally Posted by Chezerus View Post
    Thanks, zumzum... this is what i feared :-( ... havent ran affl since pre-cata
    While I agree Destruction is pretty behind on single target fights, there are definitely fights where it can still be competitive. If you are a good player, you can still make destruction work on multi target with good Havoc / Shadowburn usage and gaming of embers with Shadowburn. On single targets, you will probably be middle/bottomish, but these situations few and far in between. All in all, play what you like/what you're good at and you'll probably get the best results unless you can put forth the time to get good at affliction.

Play what you like, play what you're good at and get better at it...until Blizz knocks your feet out from under you and you have to relearn gearing, rotations and strats.

I really wish they would hire one or two people with a sense of direction to work on and be answerable for each class.

Destro could have been so great. I wonder what we have to look forward to next expac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ghostcrawler Tweets:

Re: Destro. We're going to hotfix an increase to Incinerate and Conflag chance to produce embers.
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...20920111169536

Re: Destro. We wanted to monitor the situation, but agree the rotation feels a little too slow at the moment. Obviously this buff DPS too.
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...21150990843904

Stop playing games with my heart!

I don't know if I'm right on this but it feels like the big disparity between a back drafted Incinerate and a non bd'd Incinerate is what makes the spec feel slow. It prevents us from stacking haste because we go sub GCD so easy?

I do feel like I can't cast my chaos bolts fast enough to take advantage of Procs. I can't sneak Incinerates while stutter stepping as easy. Maybe the damage/cast time ratios of back drafted and non BD'd Incinerates could be addressed?

Even with RoF nerf there are things to SB snipe off of so I don't feel ember starved.

I would love a reason to have more haste.
    Last edited by Grizelda; 2013-09-13 at 09:08 PM.

Deleted
    Dammit, just when I was almost ready to do something else of my nights -_-
    They wake up far too late but at least they do something. I guess their tools didn't see that situation coming !
    10% buff to Incinerate, 5% buff to Incinerate, ember generation buffs... it's like if there wasn't a PTR.
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2013-09-13 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    Stop playing games with my heart!
    That would be "Quit Playing Games With My Heart"

Not a Warlock among the lot of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Dammit, just when I was almost ready to do something else of my nights -_-
    They wake up far too late but at least they do something. I guess their tools didn't see that situation coming !
    10% buff to Incinerate, 5% buff to Incinerate, ember generation buffs... it's like if there wasn't a PTR.
    It's like the entire warlock community was quiet and thought the changes were great. Turns out we were wrong, silly community, we should have spoken up!