Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

timeless isle on faction inbalenced server?......horrible!....

I love the timeless isle I love the idea behind it....however on my server we have at least 3/4-1/4 horde to alliance, Im alliance....its a nightmare I cannot even access quest givers ive spent the last hour trying to hand in a couple of quests just because all quest givers and the area around them is under mass attack from horde players.....really whats the point in even trying to enjoy this new content if you get nuked the moment you spawn?

blizzard could have at least created a sanctuary area around the quest givers....im all for world pvp in fact I love it however it should not prevent players from experiencing content in this way it is far to easy on a server with a faction in balance to completly shut down the area around such npcs preventing any opp faction members from doing anything and theres nothing they can do about it.......im just pissed off, all the build up to 5.4 and the timeless isle etc and when its launched its nothing but a fucking chore to even get near the npcs you need to complete quests with. Terrible design.

10+ Year Old Account
    The guards are just terrible as well they have a tiny aggro range and can easily be killed >.< More often than not they kill me for chi torpedoing away from someone trying to kill me ;(

Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin View Post
    I love the timeless isle I love the idea behind it....however on my server we have at least 3/4-1/4 horde to alliance, Im alliance....its a nightmare I cannot even access quest givers ive spent the last hour trying to hand in a couple of quests just because all quest givers and the area around them is under mass attack from horde players.....really whats the point in even trying to enjoy this new content if you get nuked the moment you spawn?

blizzard could have at least created a sanctuary area around the quest givers....im all for world pvp in fact I love it however it should not prevent players from experiencing content in this way it is far to easy on a server with a faction in balance to completly shut down the area around such npcs preventing any opp faction members from doing anything and theres nothing they can do about it.......im just pissed off, all the build up to 5.4 and the timeless isle etc and when its launched its nothing but a fucking chore to even get near the npcs you need to complete quests with. Terrible design.
    Aren't you normally completely in favor of ganking?

Karma just pulled up in a bright yellow bus.

Deleted
    I called it pvp but I wouldn't even call it that thinking about it, im watching the screen now on the `death screen`......all I can see is about 10 horde players constantly spamming aoe around the quest givers....if I so much as go near them ill be dead within seconds......how is this allowed? even on a pvp server I thought deliberately interfering with progression (by killing/blocking access to quest givers over a long period) was considered griefing.

sanctury around the quest npcs needs to be implemented, if the other faction wants to pvp then fine im all for that but I should be able to hand in a damn quest without fucking faction changing!(that seems to be the only viable option on such a server for those who want to actully have a chance at this)

- - - Updated - - -

this is not ganking, or anything to do with pvp what so ever its plain griefing en masse by an entire legion of players. it is not just 1 or 2 people the zone is completly shut down by one faction against the other, on a server with a balanced population this would be considered a challenge, on a server with a faction inbalence its a real problem.

Even if your ganked you have the option to jump on your main and target the ganker.........this is just fucking hopeless situation for anyone caught in it there is no way around it or method to stop it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Aren't you normally completely in favor of ganking?

Karma just pulled up in a bright yellow bus.
    Lol...

I'm always in favor of ganking XD, if i get sick of being ganked... i go somewhere else or do something else, and if i have to, i just log in with another character that's in the opossite faction/server or just try to lvl up another character

- - - Updated - - -

I called it pvp but I wouldn't even call it that thinking about it, im watching the screen now on the `death screen`......all I can see is about 10 horde players constantly spamming aoe around the quest givers....if I so much as go near them ill be dead within seconds......how is this allowed? even on a pvp server I thought deliberately interfering with progression (by killing/blocking access to quest givers over a long period) was considered griefing.

sanctury around the quest npcs needs to be implemented, if the other faction wants to pvp then fine im all for that but I should be able to hand in a damn quest without fucking faction changing!(that seems to be the only viable option on such a server for those who want to actully have a chance at this)
    Why don't you just get a group of alliance players and KILL THEM ALL!... or just go back there later

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Lol...

I'm always in favor of ganking XD, if i get sick of being ganked... i go somewhere else or do something else, and if i have to, i just log in with another character that's in the opossite faction/server or just try to lvl up another character

- - - Updated - - -

Why don't you just get a group of alliance players and KILL THEM ALL!... or just go back there later
    you missed the part about the faction inbalance didnt you? theres probably 5 horde for every 1 alliance on the island at any one time on my server, any alliance attack is doomed. and there is no later this has been happening since 5.4 launched why do you think im getting pissed off enough to post about it now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post

Sometimes you CAN'T. I'm on Aegwynn-EU at the moment and we are like 95% Alliance <->5% Horde.. if there was a Horde RAID coming to get to a quest giver they would be stomped before their first gcd refreshes.

this is not ganking, or anything to do with pvp what so ever its plain griefing en masse by an entire legion of players. it is not just 1 or 2 people the zone is completly shut down by one faction against the other, on a server with a balanced population this would be considered a challenge, on a server with a faction inbalence its a real problem.
    Blizzard calls it the same thing. On Kil'jaeden I used to have to deal with a famous multiboxer with like 20-30 toons that would walk into the Alliance shrine, kill everyone there, stay for hours, go the pvp vendor and kill everyone there, go to Halfhill and kill everyone (and the guards) there and then, when he was bored enough, go to Stormwind and kill anyone he could reach there.

This forum, and Blizzard, refer to that as "normal pvp behavior." If you like ganking, this is what you're asking for. It's the difference between "I like beating up people I meet in the street" and "oh god, don't let the crowd of people beat me up." The behavior of the first begets the second.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorlok View Post
    Sometimes you CAN'T. I'm on Aegwynn-EU at the moment and we are like 95% Alliance <->5% Horde.. if there was a Horde RAID coming to get to a quest giver they would be stomped before their first gcd refreshes.
    exactly, this is what is happening to any alliance at the moment on my server, it is simply hopeless may as well not even bother trying to experience the content.

So in short,
    A level 90 beating on level 30's = 'part of the game, go to a pve server if you don't like it'
    A bunch of 90's beating on another 90 = 'huge issue, blizz please fix'.

I left a bit of sympathy around here somewhere, let me see if I can find it. brb.

Deleted
    does alliance exist??

i'm on a higly horde populated server..

i've seen 2 alliances sicne 5.4 patch launch and i've doine nothing but run around on timeless isle ... and at peak time the isle lags just because there is so many hordes..

it's pretty much impossible to be alive anywhere on the isle as alliance

Deleted
    I'm having different thoughts about the timeless isle, specifically with the Bloody Coin farming that goes on, when those groups of players begin to team up, it just becomes a clusterfuck.

I can understand the idea behind it, and I'd probably take part in something like that at some point, but it seems at least to me that it was a bad decision to add it into the area where a hell of alot of PvE grinding will take place, in a really small area.

Thing is, people would tell me just to go to a PvE server, the problem I'm having is that I do like world PvP, but what I've experienced so far has been mass griefing, not being able to get out of the grave yard, and just having to avoid the entire content because I can't get anything done there unless I log late at night.

As I said before, I like the idea, I just think they could have maybe either made the island alot bigger, or done this idea somewhere else out the way of people who are farming PvE content. I know alot of people will disagree with me on this, but oh well :P

10+ Year Old Account

pvp server?

Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Most people on PvP realms like having a faction advantage and choose their server or move to servers specifically for that reason, which makes evening it out fairly difficult. There also tends to be a faction imbalance on PvP vs. PvE realms, where PvP realms tend to be Horde heavy and PvE tend to be Alliance heavy. So when we connect a few low-pop PvP realms together it's somewhat likely to only be able to be matching imbalanced realms with imbalanced realms. Considering the desire for a faction advantage, even if we did achieve a balance I'm honestly not sure how long it would last. In any case, with Connected Realms both sides will be getting more players, and bringing up the amount of people on each realm is the goal.

Connected Realms are a complex process, we have a lot of data, we're taking our time, and we're taking a lot of factors into account to provide the best possible end-result we can. Faction balance is one of those factors, but it's definitely far more nuanced a problem.
    Sounds like it is working as intended

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    So in short,
    A level 90 beating on level 30's = 'part of the game, go to a pve server if you don't like it'
    A bunch of 90's beating on another 90 = 'huge issue, blizz please fix'.

I left a bit of sympathy around here somewhere, let me see if I can find it. brb.
    Yes exactly.

When a person levels a character on a pvp realm, they are taking the chance of there level 30 getting ganked by a passing by level 90. However, since for the most part they are separated by numerous leveling zones, low and high level players of the opposite faction shouldn't usually meet. Ganking low levels isn't a popular thing, as it requires people to go out of their way to do so.

Timeless Isle is a zone for level 90's to progress on. It is confined, has no balancing limits, and very little guard assistance. Level 90's looking to advance their character HAVE to go here for pve. There is no other way around it. That mean's you are going to have a lot of player's of the opposite faction, grouped up on a small island without the option to fly, with their main objective being killing mobs. Now, imagine this scenario with an imbalance of 4:1. It is almost unplayable. Even going with a group doesn't do much. As an ally, my best bet is to stay near the Toushi Camp and farm turtles. I doubt that's what Blizz wanted.

Deleted
    i havent played the patch yet, so im just wondering if this is only on the pvp server or on the normal ones aswell?

Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    pvp server?

Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Most people on PvP realms like having a faction advantage and choose their server or move to servers specifically for that reason, which makes evening it out fairly difficult. There also tends to be a faction imbalance on PvP vs. PvE realms, where PvP realms tend to be Horde heavy and PvE tend to be Alliance heavy. So when we connect a few low-pop PvP realms together it's somewhat likely to only be able to be matching imbalanced realms with imbalanced realms. Considering the desire for a faction advantage, even if we did achieve a balance I'm honestly not sure how long it would last. In any case, with Connected Realms both sides will be getting more players, and bringing up the amount of people on each realm is the goal.

Connected Realms are a complex process, we have a lot of data, we're taking our time, and we're taking a lot of factors into account to provide the best possible end-result we can. Faction balance is one of those factors, but it's definitely far more nuanced a problem.
    Sounds like it is working as intended
    Actually the blue you linked essentially said he's aware of the balancing problems and there doing what they can to help it, but there's only so much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Yes exactly.

When a person levels a character on a pvp realm, they are taking the chance of there level 30 getting ganked by a passing by level 90. However, since for the most part they are separated by numerous leveling zones, low and high level players of the opposite faction shouldn't usually meet. Ganking low levels isn't a popular thing, as it requires people to go out of their way to do so.

Timeless Isle is a zone for level 90's to progress on. It is confined, has no balancing limits, and very little guard assistance. Level 90's looking to advance their character HAVE to go here for pve. There is no other way around it. That mean's you are going to have a lot of player's of the opposite faction, grouped up on a small island without the option to fly, with their main objective being killing mobs. Now, imagine this scenario with an imbalance of 4:1. It is almost unplayable. Even going with a group doesn't do much. As an ally, my best bet is to stay near the Toushi Camp and farm turtles. I doubt that's what Blizz wanted.
    Yeah you pretty much said what I'm thinking. Nothing wrong with world PvP, when it works. But there comes a point sometimes, where one party cannot defend themselves through any means, hell sometimes you can't even res. I don't think that's very epic for any side really, even the killers, who are just left to cut down non retaliating players in a graveyard who may as well simply be target dummies.

You chose to play in a pvp server. Now own up to the consequences. You made your bed, now sleep on it.

Me, this is why I stay as far away as possible from pvp realms. How would anyone find that entertaining in any way or form is beyond me, but then again, some people are heavy into BDSM and they seem to enjoy it, so to each their own I guess.

Just remember that when all is said and done, it was YOU who chose to play in a pvp server.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

I have sympathy if a realm wasn't unbalanced when you joined.

It kind of sucks to join a well populated, balanced server then 2-3 years later your side is dead and the options are either reroll, deal with it or pay Blizzard money

Server? If you're on High/Full, they won't be balancing your realm because you won't even be getting Connected Realms. So if you're an Alliance on US Illidan, it's time to abandon ship.