View Poll Results: Do you think the sentence is justified?

Voters
406. This poll is closed
  • Yes; The sentence is completely justified for these crimes.

284 69.95%
  • No; I do not believe in the death penalty and opt for alternative sentencing.

76 18.72%
  • Indecisive; I'm torn on the sentencing and the conflicting issues at hand that are raised.

13 3.20%
  • Your own opinion; Post it.

6 1.48%
  • Popcorn; I enjoy watching threads being de-railed!

27 6.65%
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Well that's part of my primary problem with many of these people. It's also not the same as calling them crazy, which is inaccurate and seems to be used mostly to dismiss an argument without first defeating it.
    He did not present any substantial argument that hasn't been refuted a thousand times over and instead just launched straight into a tirade, which in essence, was synonymous with "sometimes, you just gotta kill em". I'm not dismissing any of his arguments, because he presented none.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes 100% I mean its gang rape and murder. So obviously its death

Quote Originally Posted by xZANGEITIx View Post
    Yes 100% I mean its gang rape and murder. So obviously its death
    Gang rape is slightly more forgivable than one on one rape simply because of how humans begin to function in groups.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Gang rape is slightly more forgivable than one on one rape simply because of how humans begin to function in groups.
    What the actual fuck am I reading?

Deleted
    Seriously?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Don't want to be put to death? Don't rape and murder people. Not a hard concept. Cannot fathom how you can think this is an okay idea and then whinge when you get justice done to you for it.

Rape and murder: just say 'no'.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    What the actual fuck am I reading?
    When it comes to how you punish people, people that take part of any gang activity I view as less worse than a person acting alone. People in groups tend to go along with the group, conform to the group, do what the group does. It's similar to by stander effect except with people in action. Group mentality drives the group and makes people do things that they normally wouldn't do. Many people can become completely evil seeming if they're in a group that does evil things, even if it's something they typically wouldn't do.

A person acting alone doing these acts isn't doing it because a group is, isn't impaired from their normal way of thinking and morals because of a group, rather they are like that themselves already and unaltered because of group which puts them in a special kind of fucked up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Seriously?
    Yes seriously. It's not difficult to see why.

Deleted
    That doesn't diminish their actions. If anything it makes it worse.

15+ Year Old Account
    failing to see what the problem is here its pieces of shit like this that dont belong in this world
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

That doesn't diminish their actions. If anything it makes it worse.
    It doesn't diminish their actions, but it is less evil than a single person raping a person. Group mentality is a very strong thing and often drives people to do things they typically wouldn't. Now I am just looking at this objectively of course.

15+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't diminish their actions, but it is less evil than a single person raping a person. Group mentality is a very strong thing and often drives people to do things they typically wouldn't.
    glad to see you trying to make gang rape sound like its not that bad
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    glad to see you trying to make gang rape sound like its not that bad
    You are twisting what I am saying. From a victim perspective it's worse.

I am looking at it from the perspective of how people work in groups.

Group mentality can move people to do things they typically wouldn't do alone, that should be taken into account.

Deleted
    It doesn't diminish their actions, but it is less evil than a single person raping a person. Group mentality is a very strong thing and often drives people to do things they typically wouldn't. Now I am just looking at this objectively of course.
    No, it's not less evil.

15+ Year Old Account
    You are twisting what I am saying. From a victim perspective it's worse.

I am looking at it from the perspective of how people work in groups.

Group mentality can move people to do things they typically wouldn't do alone, that should be taken into account.
    group or no group it doesnt make the act less evil
    Get your shit together

Killing these guys won't make her come back to life, so no...

No, it's not less evil.
    I think that an individual driven by herd mentality is less evil than a person driven by only themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    I'm not for the death-penalty in any circumstance, but I don't think I'll lose a lot of sleep over their killings. I just hope they aren't put on death row for too long.
    I agree as long as they got the correct people.... It wouldn't suprise me if they just rounded up whoever they could pin it on with such a high profile case. It does happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    group or no group it doesnt make the act less evil
    I am not saying the act is less evil. I am talking about the individual person. The act itself is worse depending.

Deleted
    I think that an individual driven by herd mentality is less evil than a person driven by only themselves.
    Why? If they're willing to go along with what the group does it makes them worse than if they wouldn't do it when alone.

Why? If they're willing to go along with what the group does it makes them worse if they wouldn't do it when alone.
    It doesn't make them worse because in a setting like that their own morals are some what stripped away and replaced with that of what the group is doing. Perhaps the person who starts this is the truly worst of the bunch, but the rest that follow and simply following.