Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosky View Post
    Playing in an amateur tourney tomorrow with 32 teams for fun, no prize money, just for aussies/NZ, gonna be fun!
    Good luck and have fun ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    8 losing streak right now. have to find a way to avoid the russians
    But the enemy teams had for sure russians as well ! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    embrace the russians

play like one of them

become them

only then you may win

(realtalk though russians in my experience >>> most other non-english people to play with. at least russians dont give up and russians manmode like crazy)
    Problem is russians arent bad , they are many !
    Valve stated clearly ukraineans playing dota is same as americans , and thats 1 country .
    Go figure there is all russia + plenty of ex ussr countries which speak russian . So thats a lot of russians .

So if bad players are around 20% ? russian 20% is waaaaaaaay bigger >>>>>>> then any other nation's 20% .
    And also often when wining people dont bother "notice" they won due to russians . Only when they lose they tend to see it .

Happens very often enemy team when loosing saying : gg won thanks to oure x y (being russian) and oure replay usually is : to bad only 2/5 , we are 5/5 russians and we won .

I get often credit and congratz for wining the game very often , but not a single time for wining it as russian player .
    And i get blamed 100% of the times when loosing for being russian .
    People tend to remember this only when they want it . Oh well ...

I've played with Russians a lot. Sometimes they're good, sometimes they're bad. My main gripe is rarely with how they play, but rather that they're usually completely unwilling to try and communicate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I've played with Russians a lot. Sometimes they're good, sometimes they're bad. My main gripe is rarely with how they play, but rather that they're usually completely unwilling to try and communicate.
    This can be really annoying indeed, but it's not related to Russians only. I don't mind someone making mistakes or feeding (unintentionally), but when I use the setting to be matched only with people who speak English I expect the others to do the same and queue only for the regions/languages they know/want to communicate in. I mean the only thing worse that a Pudge that can't land a hook to save his life is a Pudge that can't land a hook to save his life who constantly spams the chat in Russian, Portuguese, Spanish, Chinese or whatever other langue that the other 4/5th of his team don't understand.

The most infuriating is getting 4/5 Russians and not one of them understand English, or flat out don't care. I'm only queued for English, mind you...

This discussion kind of relates to what I was trying to say in this post and then expanded on in this post. Not speaking/refusing to speak English does not automatically make a player bad, but it can be very frustrating when you can't communicate with half of your team because they do/will not speak English. It gets even more frustrating when you can't communicate with them and they are lousy players, because then you can't even attempt to help them. I'm more than happy to try to teach new players (I'm pretty sure I even have a couple of teaching commendations!), but I can't when we don't speak the same language.

Like you guys said, this is completely avoidable if they'd just set their preferred language, but plenty don't.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2013-09-13 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    This discussion kind of relates to what I was trying to say in this post and then expanded on in this post. Not speaking/refusing to speak English does not automatically make a player bad, but it can be very frustrating when you can't communicate with half of your team because they do/will not speak English. It gets even more frustrating when you can't communicate with them and they are lousy players, because then you can't even attempt to help them. I'm more than happy to try to teach new players (I'm pretty sure I even have a couple of teaching commendations!), but I can't when we don't speak the same language.

Like you guys said, this is completely avoidable if they'd just set their preferred language, but plenty don't.
    are you really supporting the russians

are you really supporting the russians
    I don't think you read the same post I did if that's what you got from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh nationality has little to do with actual skill of the player, also they got matched with you so chances are they are of equal skill anyway.

Communication is all I want. Only the other day I had some Russian mid laning and he kept saying stuff in Russian on his mic and never called missing. Near the end of the match when the blame game started one of the other players chimed in (who spoke English but also understood Russian) and mentioned that he had been calling missing. In Russian.

That's what annoys me.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Meh nationality has little to do with actual skill of the player
    Russia is like 20% of the player base. they had 1 team at ti3

how is that relevant at all unless that is the skill level you are playing dota pubs at

What it comes down to is the Russians have their own servers and yet they play on the eu east/west servers and fuck over people that are trying to communicate in English.

Yes, but a lot of the people that get called 'Russians' aren't necessarily from Russia, just a Russian-speaking (or another language that uses cyrillic) country. Consider that TI3 had almost 2 teams worth of players from Ukraine, which is almost as many as Americans. Now consider that all Ukrainian Dota 2 players almost outnumber all American players and suddenly it's pretty hard to use TI3 representation to make an argument for nationality having anything to do with skill.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-09-14 at 05:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What kind of communication you want in game? Chat talks? Answering stupid questions like "Omg void are you stupid? MoM? lololol". There is ping system and chat wheel, that's enough to communicate in pub game. Actually, a lot of time i would like to report people for overusing this features (spamming pings? anyone not annoyed by this?), or seeing the "mid is missing" line, while there IS freaking enemy on middle line. It's distracting.

Pub games isn't about communication. Dota overall is, but not pub games where you get 4 random people in your team, who don't gives a shit about picks and synergy, who don't even cares about teammates and when and how some have to engage or even basic tactic for next 4 minutes of the game. If you want communication in game, you should get 4 more people from your friendlist and play.

If you try to get at least some communication in pub game, it won't work for a lot of a time because you are just a random person for other players, but people from friendlist usually don't think this way and communication will work with them much better
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-09-14 at 04:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Yes, but a lot of the people that get called 'Russians' aren't necessarily from Russia, just a Russian-speaking (or another language that uses cyrillic) country. Consider that TI3 had almost 2 teams worth of players from Ukraine, which is as almost as many as Americans. Now consider that all Ukrainian Dota 2 players almost outnumber all American players and suddenly it's pretty hard to use TI3 representation to make an argument for nationality having anything to do with skill.
    u some kind of commie

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    There is ping system and chat wheel, that's enough to communicate in pub game.
    Yeah, I know it's there. But a lot of games I only get the Russians talking away in Cyrillic on voicechat, while completely failing to use the chat wheel or the ping. This after I keep telling them I've no fucking idea what they're saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I know it's there. But a lot of games I only get the Russians talking away in Cyrillic on voicechat, while completely failing to use the chat wheel or the ping. This after I keep telling them I've no fucking idea what they're saying.
    It's called thrashtalk, you, often, don't need to know what everyone is saying over voice, probably they are communicating with their friends who they qued with.

Usually i don't hear people using voice chat, but when i've tried american servers (to check out ping) i've got two people who spammed glyphs is chat, and other two talked in chat about getting to the party tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Made it to Day 2 of the tourney I was playing in this weekend, went 6-1 in group stages, amateur cup with no prize money but still a lot of fun, grp stages were BO1's now time for some BO3's!

Top 8 teams made it to Day 2 only ^_^

Just curious about this but how do you talk in cyrilic on voicechat?