Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

How 5.4 has killed ToT LFR

Now blizz have made the timeless isle and people are sending 496 epics to there fresh alts im finding raid after raid people in ToT are pulling under 60k dps because they are un-gemmed and un-enchanted. I've tried for 8 different raids to clear the 3rd part of ToT on LFR but fail due to low dps and even hitting the enrage on bosses for the 1st time ever.

This really needs to be addressed due to im seeing a major decrease in groups finishing LFR now thanks to fresh players doing little to no DPS

May i ask why are you STILL doing ToT LFR?

Spend this week farming on timeless isle / doing proving grounds.

SoO LFR opens next reset

Deleted
    Thats Blizzard, they try to bring something cool and destroy working things unintended, they have a problem to forsee things like this. Theyre always underestimating players initiative to do whatver it takes to get easy gear.

I actually agree and though about posting this, its insane.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post

SoO LFR opens next reset
    Why should it matter to you that he is still doing it? I am still doing it too so I can finish the legendary quest faster, despite not needing anything from there.

Deleted
    Gems don't make people do 40k more dps, I think the issue is rather that ToT is probably a fresh alts first action content with the Timeless Isle now, everything before it is redundant so there's no place people learn. Beforehand people probably got used to their spec and playstyle in heroics or mogushan vaults, now they learn in ToT. You're still playing with the freshly dinged and inexperienced. Just give it a bit of time, I've had enrages before 5.4 anyway. I even wiped on the very first boss last week, as well as enraging on Primordius a couple of times.

10+ Year Old Account

SoO LFR opens next reset
    Could be the reason I run my alts still: Weapon drops.

Oh no, now people might actually have to get better to clear the content

Deleted

SoO LFR opens next reset
    Uhh... Maybe he's doing ToT because it drops 502 ilv weapons/trinkets? The timeless isle gear is alright for item level, however the itemization and socket bonuses suck ass. You only get 476 weapons from the Isle also, so ToT for now, Is actually a good way to get a nice weapon upgrade.

They also increased the drop chance and coins are easy to get, so instead of saving up 10k coins for a crappy weapon, you can buy 10 coins and just do LFR.. That's how I upgraded my lock's weapon and my 2nd trinket slot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by itza View Post
    Now blizz have made the timeless isle and people are sending 496 epics to there fresh alts im finding raid after raid people in ToT are pulling under 60k dps because they are un-gemmed and un-enchanted. I've tried for 8 different raids to clear the 3rd part of ToT on LFR but fail due to low dps and even hitting the enrage on bosses for the 1st time ever.

This really needs to be addressed due to im seeing a major decrease in groups finishing LFR now thanks to fresh players doing little to no DPS
    Gemming and enchanting barely affects DPS actually. The difference is less than 10%. The problem isn't that.
    On the other side, I have to agree. I tried to do LFR on few of my alts, but gave up for now. But with time the attitude of LFR runs might change, and make it less of a disaster.

EDIT:
    Doing it primarily for VP and gold. As it is one of the better sources.

people will still run it for legendaries

60k DPS at 496 item levels isn't a gemming and enchanting problem, it's a player skill problem. My alt Fire Mage has no gems or enchants, and I don't really care enough to track shit like procs that I do on my main, but I can still pull up to 80k on single target fights if I don't get terrible RNG (under geared Fire is a bitch), and Fire just got hit with pretty hard nerfs. I pulled 84k on Ji-kun, which is strictly a single target fight (I wasn't on nests), and I have shit trinkets, as well as a couple of blues. I'm not even good at Fire.

LFR is filled with casuals who do the same thing as me, they are just worse at the game. ToT is pretty much irrelavent to most mains now, so there are fewer people to carry. I know I won't be doing ToT on my Disc anymore to Valor Cap, and I would do upwards of 40% total healing on every fight. My best was around 60% when I got two of the healers to go dps, one AFKed half way through, and one more died and no one battle rezzed him (because you know, it's LFR). Thankfully I had a guildy with me, so two healing wasn't a problem.

@Wanko - Your guild name is amazing.

Deleted
    basic yea im still doing ToT on alts for thr legendary quest chain. I have never see LFR bosses hit the enrage but now with the huge influx of people coming in with the free 496 gear im finding it very hard to find a group able to clear LFR.

Afew people have also said how groups are now not killing 1st boss after using 4 pools and running out of space :S

Considering how dumb proof easy Flex is, I hope they just kill LFR for good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    Considering how dumb proof easy Flex is, I hope they just kill LFR for good.
    Not sure why you want LFR "killed off" just because YOU don't like it, a rather selfish thing considering a lot of people enjoy LFR.

I have actually had the opposite experience... I found my ToT LFRs run smoother since 5.4, but I guess it's just random luck the group you get.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I have actually had the opposite experience... I found my ToT LFRs run smoother since 5.4, but I guess it's just random luck the group you get.
    Exactly, only 7 people died on Durumu and only 2 on Lei Shen, both 1 shot when i did this week which is better than the usual groups I usually end up in. I don't think 5.4 has killed ToT lfr, people have a bad experience and that is just a convenient scapegoat.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3d7ba465; 2013-09-14 at 01:04 PM.

ya ive noticed a big drop-off in dps/heals in LFR as well...

Tot lfr we had 16 people die at durumu a new record, BUT good news everybody, it's lfr we 9 manned the last 40% np.

i would say yes ToT lfr probably has more bads than ever in it.

15+ Year Old Account
    The main issue is less with fresh alts and more with us raiders not needing F all from there any more and having allot of stuff to do week one > running TOT LFR any more. Thus there is allot less raider buffer in LFR atm to counter balance those not pulling weight. It will just get worst and worst with flex being a much better looting option going forward... you may still see some at the beginning of SOO lfr but I belive that will drop drastically as well as you have 3 shots per week to get that upgrade now!