Poll: What is your Sub Loss Prediction?

Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post

Sorry but no. Didn't you learn from your bullshit thread when you tried to stir up trouble? Honestly most people who play Wow wouldn't give a fuck if other regions had a free to play model. It has no effect on the game or on our region. It is a non issue despite you continually trying to make it one. Give it up already.
    No one try'ed to stir up trouble you just didn't like what I posted. Also last check the small poll I did on here and you do not cover the whole WOW player base. Also last checked there was only like a 11% difference in those who would be annoy'ed and those who wouldn't.

Don't like Nagtive feedback go somewhere else.

- - - Updated - - -

One little problem with that: most people who play Wow outside of these forums don't give a fuck about the politics of what goes on here or what other people are wearing or doing. If they are still having fun, they keep playing. They aren't quitting because they are butthurt over how someone else spent their own money
    There you go speaking for everyone again....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by xlightning View Post
    And people are already discussing this? Lol, i am always curious when i see the reports on the front page but we are still in the middle of September. I will come back in November. But since i am already here i am just gonna say that it's gonna be a small loss, 100k-500k imo.
    Why shouldn't people discuss this now? I wasn't aware that there was a certain time where discussion of sub numbers was permitted? And in fairness this thread had been pretty much inactive for a couple of days before Xanzul decided to spend a few hours quoting almost every single post that did not show Blizzard as the bestest, best company in world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Why shouldn't people discuss this now? I wasn't aware that there was a certain time where discussion of sub numbers was permitted? And in fairness this thread had been pretty much inactive for a couple of days before Xanzul decided to spend a few hours quoting almost every single post that did not show Blizzard as the bestest, best company in world.
    just not much of a point in having a thread 2 monthes before it's relevant..... also im expecting a 5-10% sub loss so 350k - 700k or so
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    just not much of a point in having a thread 2 monthes before it's relevant..... also im expecting a 5-10% sub loss so 350k - 700k or so
    To be honest the launch of 5.4 has the potential to shape the sub numbers so now is as good a time as any to discuss them. And ultimately if no one wants to discuss the subject of a topic it will quickly disappear from the front page and be forgotten the fact that this thread has not proves that some do want to talk about it.

Being permitted doesn't mean it isn't retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    No one try'ed to stir up trouble you just didn't like what I posted. Also last check the small poll I did on here and you do not cover the whole WOW player base. Also last checked there was only like a 11% difference in those who would be annoy'ed and those who wouldn't.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with you people who do not like Nagtive feedback need to stop coming in these threads to complain about the thread

Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    I agree with you people who do not like Nagtive feedback need to stop coming in these threads to complain about the thread
    But don't you know that all feedback that is negative is immediately dismissed, by some posters, as not being constructive?
    Last edited by Pann; 2013-09-14 at 09:43 PM.

But don't you know that all feedback that is negative is immediately dismissed, by some posters, as not being constructive?
    Lots of negative feedback, particularly on here, isn't constructive at all though.

There's too many people on here, who have long quit and dislike Blizzard/WoW yet strangely browse and post regularly on a WoW forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Lots of negative feedback, particularly on here, isn't constructive at all though.

There's too many people on here, who have long quit and dislike Blizzard/WoW yet strangely browse and post regularly on a WoW forum.

Really? are we browsing the same forums? there is hardly any negative feedback here and when he shows up it Blizzard is quickly defended

Pretty much

- - - Updated - - -

Really? are we browsing the same forums? there is hardly any negative feedback here and when he shows up it Blizzard is quickly defended
    Prior to 5.4 being released half of the threads were people discussing how the game has gone to shit and how it's dying

10+ Year Old Account
    Prior to 5.4 being released half of the threads were people discussing how the game has gone to shit and how it's dying
    That is a exaggeration. Half the threads have never been about that

Of course you are right everything is rosy with the game and people are not quitting by the thousand each and every day, la, la, la.

Anyway on a more serious note care to link any of these threads that lasted more than two days? Most are either locked or people just get bored of them. I bet you cannot find more than ten within the past month.

When the game is experiencing such a mass exodus of players as it has for almost three years now it is inevitable that complaints are going to surface. We can ignore them, simply dismiss them as non-constructive, as you have, or we can discuss the problems with the game in the hope that it will help Blizzard figure out how to address the problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course you are right everything is rosy with the game and people are not quitting by the thousand each and every day, la, la, la.

Anyway on a more serious note care to link any of these threads that lasted more than two days? Most are either locked or people just get bored of them. I bet you cannot find more than ten within the past month.

When the game is experiencing such a mass exodus of players as it has for almost three years now it is inevitable that complaints are going to surface. We can ignore them, simply dismiss them as non-constructive, as you have, or we can discuss the problems with the game in the hope that it will help Blizzard figure out how to address the problems.
    it's funny how he went mia after you called him on it

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually most gamers I have met outside of forum communities tend not to be nearly as judgmental or narrow minded or arrogant to think they have any right to decide for others whether any genre of gaming is a "cancer". I think too many who post on these forums and the official forums are completely out of touch with reality and what real gamers actually think. I keep hearing people claim there is a disconnect between Blizzard and the players but the real disconnect is between the players themselves and some of the worst of it occurs on these very forums and even in this thread.
    Sadly the mods justify these threads by saying players would just spam the forums with them anyway. Sometimes I wonder if they even understand their role here as moderators. It is rather funny since they will close just about any other type of thread for little to no reason but the second a thread pops up about subscription numbers (this one is a good example considering the call won't be for nearly another TWO MONTHS and the OP is well known for making threads to cause flamewars) and all of a sudden they forget they have a lock button and act all helpless about the situation.
    I really wish threads like these were locked. They are just big flamewars, something they apparently don't allow on this site.

For example, But I hate You All is just flaming everyone in here and then adding a useless little comment at the end to make his posts so that they are not entirely a flame, he's playing the game pretty intelligently. But counted in total his posts are almost half of this thread. He claims that this site is for all mmo's but of course he isn't going to ever realize that it has been said before by moderators in direct contact with administrator Boubouille that he is incorrect (and its even in the official faq for this site... "Welcome to the MMO-Champion discussion forums! This community and it's forums are a place where you can discuss subjects, ask questions, post guides,... related to World of Warcraft with your fellow players.")

Earlier he told someone its dumb to announce when you put someone else on ignore but in a different thread he put me on ignore and then announced it, ignored my post entirely saying there is no point listening to a fanboy. That was a thread I also got infracted in, for basically saying that the whole thread was an excuse for a flamewar.

There is a double standard that is so obvious, and I think anyone with half a brain can see it. Unfortunately for me and many others, I wish to discuss wow, not the end of it, and so that is why I come here, and why I tend to come here less frequently all the time, and would just leave it entirely if it weren't for the awesome front page and the blue tracker, the best source of information about wow there is. Forum posters like me are among the minority here apparently, although I apologize to the others who feel like me, I sympathize with you and wish you the best of luck in learning to tolerate this type of poster on a site dedicated to your favorite game.

I don't have an agenda of trying to get it to go free to play, because I can't afford it, or trying to change the game for the better, because of all my time invested feeling wasted, yet that is the underlying reason for so much of the flaming of the fanboys or the developers. In my humble opinion, this is the cancer killing wow, not Blizzard. No matter how you spin it, they love their game, and they (Blizz) tries to make decisions they feel makes for a better game, not to troll their consumers or kill their own product. It simply is a lie that can never be true, and that is the reality of it no matter how you 'feel'. But at the same time, you can never please everyone, and we all know this.

Have fun guessing sub numbers, I personally wouldn't mind if 99% of you left wow for good, I'd still play this game until the day it ends, not because I'm a fanboy, because this game entertains me and always has.

On topic, subs will go down so that's not news its boring and whoopdeedoo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Free 7 day trial for patch 5.4 HMMMM. They did this last time for another patch which I have a feeling they do count towards "current subscribers".
    Free 7 day trials don't count for subs

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Free 7 day trial for patch 5.4 HMMMM. They did this last time for another patch which I have a feeling they do count towards "current subscribers".
    Yeah no. For the millionth time they don't count players on free time including the 7 days free or the trial or any other promotion that allows people to play their accounts without paying. They count ONLY paying subscriptions. That's it. Yes they do hope people who do get 7 days free resubscribe but no they are not counted if they don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xlightning View Post
    And people are already discussing this? Lol, i am always curious when i see the reports on the front page but we are still in the middle of September. I will come back in November. But since i am already here i am just gonna say that it's gonna be a small loss, 100k-500k imo.
    Like I said before, this thread should have been closed the day it was made considering it was made literally a few weeks after the last shareholder meeting. There is absolutely no legitimate excuse for this thread to even be open.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Negative feedback about things Blizzard hasn't even announced doing and more than likely won't even be doing is useless. China won't be getting Wow free to play and like I said in that other thread you were just trying to stir up shit and then you tried it again in this thread. If you want to give Blizzard negative feedback you might want to actually discuss actual issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Because the quarter isn't over? Because it has barely been a month since the last meeting? This isn't rocket science here. There is nothing to discuss and the thread is a cover for a hater circle jerk as usual.

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest the launch of 5.4 has the potential to shape the sub numbers so now is as good a time as any to discuss them. And ultimately if no one wants to discuss the subject of a topic it will quickly disappear from the front page and be forgotten the fact that this thread has not proves that some do want to talk about it.
    5.4 hasn't been out for a week and LFR isn't even open yet not to mention the flex wings. How on earth can we discuss subscription numbers when many factors that will be involved aren't even in play yet? This is absolute 100% bullshit and you know it.

- - - Updated - - -

Again negative feedback about Wow going free to play in China is useless BECAUSE IT ISN'T HAPPENING. Jesus fucking christ. Both you and the person I replied to need to go back and read what I said again because that comment you are both bitching about wasn't about not wanting negative feedback, it was that the guy has been trying to egg people on to rage about China maybe getting Wow for free and it has failed multiple times so he attempts to derail every thread with it now. Don't you dare pretend this has anything to do with fanboyism or any other idiotic nonsense you people trot out to defend posting bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much

- - - Updated - - -

Did you seriously just say there is no negative feedback here? I'm done. Mods do your fucking jobs.

Like I said before, this thread should have been closed the day it was made considering it was made literally a few weeks after the last shareholder meeting. There is absolutely no legitimate excuse for this thread to even be open.
    Obviously as the thread has reached 15 pages long people want to talk about the subject of the thread, although if we take away your contribution, and I do use the word contribution lightly, it would be closer to 12 pages. Why do you get to decide what we should or shouldn't talk about. Also if you do not like the topic of the thread why, when it had had one reply over the space of two days, did you decide to spend two or three hours yesterday replying to it?

Negative feedback about things Blizzard hasn't even announced doing and more than likely won't even be doing is useless. China won't be getting Wow free to play and like I said in that other thread you were just trying to stir up shit and then you tried it again in this thread. If you want to give Blizzard negative feedback you might want to actually discuss actual issues.
    Err? What? There is no mention of WOW China or F2P in the post you are replying to.

Because the quarter isn't over? Because it has barely been a month since the last meeting? This isn't rocket science here. There is nothing to discuss and the thread is a cover for a hater circle jerk as usual.
    So what if the quarter is not over? Clearly there is something to discuss as there is almost 300 posts in the thread many of which are yours.

5.4 hasn't been out for a week and LFR isn't even open yet not to mention the flex wings. How on earth can we discuss subscription numbers when many factors that will be involved aren't even in play yet? This is absolute 100% bullshit and you know it.
    The main effect 5.4 will have on the sub numbers is slowing the losses through returning players it is fairn to say that those who return will do so as soon as the patch hit live servers. And why so rude?

Again negative feedback about Wow going free to play in China is useless BECAUSE IT ISN'T HAPPENING. Jesus fucking christ. Both you and the person I replied to need to go back and read what I said again because that comment you are both bitching about wasn't about not wanting negative feedback, it was that the guy has been trying to egg people on to rage about China maybe getting Wow for free and it has failed multiple times so he attempts to derail every thread with it now. Don't you dare pretend this has anything to do with fanboyism or any other idiotic nonsense you people trot out to defend posting bullshit.
    Again, there is no mention of WOW China or F2P in the post you are replying to. Clearly negative feedback upsets you a great deal or you would not put so much effort into replying and attempting to discredit each and every post that provides negative feedback.

Did you seriously just say there is no negative feedback here? I'm done. Mods do your fucking jobs.
    He did not say "there is no negative feedback here" he wrote "there is hardly any negative feedback here" I have highlighted, in bold, the important difference between what you think he wrote and what he actually wrote. Any negative feedback is quickly jumped upon by people like yourself who for reasons known only to themselves take such criticism personally. However I do not see how discussing the sub losses falls in to the category of negative feedback.

Assuming you are actually "done" I cannot help but feel it is best for all concerned.

Should be 7.7M. I don't understand anyone who still waste time in this terrible boring casualgame. I stopped playing 4 years ago and don't even want to know how terrible the game has become with Pandaland.

I wonder what all these content haters are going to say when player numbers will actually go UP again in 2014...

That content got better ? LoL

Content has no relation to subscriptions. Markets do.

Rift went from 99 servers to 19 in less than 2 years with content coming out of every user's ears. and by going F2P they gained a mere 3 servers.

The same with GW2: these days at 35% on present day western 180 dollars a year ...WoW play and they boast 14 days content cycles (well if you can call 7 lines of text ... content anyway ) ...

The industry changed, get over it.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-09-15 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    I wonder what all these content haters are going to say when player numbers will actually go UP again in 2014....
    Probably something like "subs go up when a new expansion is released". Like, you know, has happened for every expansion so far.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"