Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    They can't attack you on PvE servers unless you've flagged yourself (for whatever reason) or attack them first. I've seen plenty of people using the Censer around the Blazing Way while I've been farming rep and have never seen them cause problems for anyone.
    Imagine the cries if it worked on a pvE server

I agree that the Proving Grounds feature is great, and it should be the standard for gating instead of item level requirements.

They can't attack you on PvE servers unless you've flagged yourself (for whatever reason) or attack them first. I've seen plenty of people using the Censer around the Blazing Way while I've been farming rep and have never seen them cause problems for anyone.
    In fairness it's not really hard to get yourself flagged on a PvE server, all you need is a miss click or /startattack macro and your gonna find yourself flagged. Not worthy of QQ like, but just because your on a PvE server it doesn't make you immune to this sort of shit when everyone on the island appears to be flagged.......prolly for the same reasons I find myself getting accidentally flagged.

calling bs on you being exalted unless you've played nonstop since the patch released

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    i mindcontroll people on the rope all day and throw them to death :P
    Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    best idea today thank you kind sir!

Why would you do that to someone who's just trying to complete an objective?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    In fairness it's not really hard to get yourself flagged on a PvE server, all you need is a miss click or /startattack macro and your gonna find yourself flagged. Not worthy of QQ like, but just because your on a PvE server it doesn't make you immune to this sort of shit when everyone on the island appears to be flagged.......prolly for the same reasons I find myself getting accidentally flagged.
    I've only seen at most three or four people at a time using the Censer, so maybe it's just not that popular on my server. It would be pretty easy to get people to accidentally flag themselves on the Blazing Way given how crowded it is if people were actually trying to, though. I just haven't seen it happen there. Maybe my server doesn't have that particular breed of asshole. ;P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    For fun?

I'd give a shit if I kill the guy or not. Me having fun prioritise them completing their objective.

Quote Originally Posted by Klavier Gavin View Post
    For fun?

I'd give a shit if I kill the guy or not. Me having fun prioritise them completing their objective.

I too would put my fun over someone elses objectives. I just can't imagine going through life being so mentally challenged as to find this behavior fun.

However I should be used to it. It's a choice I willingly make -- to hang around with people with 6th grade mentalities. In real life, I'm a grown adult with a successful career. In WoW, I'm surrounded by kids, and others with the intelligence and skills to never succeed past a McDonald's pay grade -- the type that would find causing other people grief, fun.
    Last edited by ablib; 2013-09-15 at 01:56 AM.

I've only seen at most three or four people at a time using the Censer, so maybe it's just not that popular on my server. It would be pretty easy to get people to accidentally flag themselves on the Blazing Way given how crowded it is if people were actually trying to, though. I just haven't seen it happen there. Maybe my server doesn't have that particular breed of asshole. ;P
    Well this is strictly none Censer shit, just other people being flagged, going for a tag and you ending up getting flagged. On Ghostlands EU it seems to be prevalent all over the island but maybe it's because the Alliance out number us 3 to 1 so they don't see the harm in being flagged. I've found the whole thing pretty hilarious really being one of the servers best geared PvEers, Alliance see me flagged, jump me, the discover I've got about 40 ilvls on them as I destroy them.

I really like new isle. Especially lags every 5-10minutes for 1minute or so (hello from Twisting Nether EU). Not dying mobs in ordon sanctuary. 152 ppl in 100 yard range. Rares dying in 2seconds. Useless coins, when you only need 115k and by time you reach exalted you will have ~200k. And so on.

But i still like new patch!

I too would put my fun over someone elses objectives. I just can't imagine going through life being so mentally challenged as to find this behavior fun.
    Because people are assholes (everyone). Some to a bigger degree than others. "That guy will probably get frustrated ,angry and probably will he won't find what I'm doing fun, but fuck that, doesn't matter I'm gonna have fun".

OT: I'm having some trouble getting stuff to do. Don't know if its maybe the lack of objectives (besides found something gotta kill it). But the most I was able to do on a single day was do the part of the noodle cart quest that makes you collect turtle meat in there. Beyond that I don't know if I'm doing it wrong, but all I do is kill some mobs, get some coins, maybe one of those gear things and all that lasts for around half hour. I get bored and go somewhere else.
    Last edited by Jofe; 2013-09-15 at 02:03 AM.

Deleted
    People who attack others of their own faction should be court-martialed for high treason and be sentenced for execution (as in having their character get reset to level 1 and all their possessions stripped from them).

I LOVE THE TIMELESS ISLE. I'm big into WPvP, in fact it's the only thing I play WoW for now. Killing the same faction is soooo fun, especially on my server where everyone hates the guild I'm in. So much drama and rage, I love it.

This patch is WPvP'ers heaven.

Simple fix, make the idiots who use the censer unfriendly to everyone, even eachother, and unable to group. Then we're talking a good implementation of an otherwise ridiculous item.

When a rare is killed and there's something like 20 people trying to click the corpse to loot it, it's very easy to accidentally click an "emissary" or just a flagged person who are either standing right next to the corpse, hoping just for that. I've seen 4-5 people turn red simultaneously upon trying to loot a rare, because there were a few Ordos emissaries nearby.

I myself got pulled into all that by hitting some fiery totem right next to a Berserker mob. At first, I thought that I just never saw them use one before, but then realized that it was probably some hostile player's totem. Too bad that realization came when I was already swinging. That ended up with me being killed multiple times because of being flagged, getting mad, trying to get even, failing and just hearthing away.
    Really made me mad when players of the same faction as me killed me. I know it's not serious, but w/e.
    Last edited by Creotor; 2013-09-15 at 03:43 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    Timeless Isle is a griefing zone. Yes, it really is.

Killing your own faction is the turd upon this Isle.
    Seems like you must be posting from a PvP server, where PvP is happening. Unexpectedly.

I almost think I liked Battlefield Barrens more then Timeless Isle (if you exclude the stuff that isnt actually ON the isle).

I liked the Dinosaur Isle too, but after spending an hour or so on either, I sort of felt directionless. Ten years ago, it may have been all about 'killing the same monsters 100,000 times', but now it just feels boring. The first time I kill a monster/rarespawn its cool and new. The second time I'm kinda hoping to gain something from it. The third time I'm losing hope of any reward. The fourth time its work.

As much as I dislike dailies, they help provide some structure and guaranteed reward better then "Go out and kill 1000 monsters". While broad weekly quests like that would be fine, I think I want more specific quests to help give me a reason to go out there in the first place (especially the progressive storylines we've seen in patches this expac).

Quote Originally Posted by Samitsu View Post
    Simple fix, make the idiots who use the censer unfriendly to everyone, even eachother, and unable to group. Then we're talking a good implementation of an otherwise ridiculous item.
    Do tell me if I'm right, but your hatred reeks as if you're stuck in a PvP server and is whining due to being ganked by your own faction using this item. OR, you play in a PvE server but for whatever reason frolicks around tagged for PvP. If it is none of these I really see no reason for you to bash the item so harshly given that: 1 - if you play in a PvP server, you do so by choice; 2 - If you play in a PvE one whoever uses the Censer won't ever be able to touch you unless you lay a finger on them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because that's funny as shit that a flagged player would try to walk a rope?

Censer is the funniest thing to happen to WPvP since Gadgetzan rooftop sniping.

I love how people killing rares in masses just let the censer gankers live too. I kill them anytime they stray too far from their ganking packs