Deleted

killed celestials 11x + bonus and not one item

on a highly populated server 6 epics/world-boss kill is just not enough

At least 30 items should drop when there are 200 people fighting one world-boss.

ps: 11x on different chars obviously

10+ Year Old Account
    uhhh who says only 6 items drop when you kill a world boss? with personal loot its completely random... Every single person who helped could get loot or nobody could its all RNG
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

where did you get the 6 items per boss from? getting loot is based on a personal roll, the amount of other people present has absolutely no impact.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    it's not a certain amount of drops per boss, its a certain % of a chance that you get loot. Apparently you pissed off the wow gods.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    where did you get the 6 items per boss from? getting loot is based on a personal roll, the amount of other people present has absolutely no impact.
    wooooooooot please link a recent bluepost stating this

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its always been like this for all MOP world bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    Theres no need, its always worked like this in MOP, world bosses have personal loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is like that time I was doing Mogu'shan Vaults LFR and an arms warrior quit the raid right before Elegon, and the ret paladin starts mouthing off about how pleased he was because now there's more chance of him winning the two-hander.

*Facepalm*

The number of people (nor their classes/roles/whatever) tagging a boss makes zero difference to what loot you personally may or may not get.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Theres no need, its always worked like this in MOP, world bosses have personal loot.
    please just show me where I can read an official statement from Blizzard where they explicitly say that the # of players present does not AT ALL effect the chance to get loot from a world-boss in World of Warcraft

Recent bluepost? its been like this since they implemented the new LFR loot style (which is the same sytem used for world bosses). http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/03/19/today-in-wow/#blue

OP needs to understand game systems before he starts complaining about then.

You could have 1000 people beating on a single world boss, and all 1000 COULD get loot. Not too likely, but plausible.

Loot for world bosses, LFR, and Flex, are all individual, not fixed X drops per kill like Normal/Heroic/previous Expansions

- - - Updated - - -

please just show me where I can read an official statement from Blizzard where they explicitly say that the # of players present does not AT ALL effect the chance to get loot from a world-boss in World of Warcraft
    You are asking us to get info from a year ago prior to MoP's launch, you know that, right?
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/03/19/today-in-wow/

Quote:

You have a personal slot machine to play, and so do each of the other 24 raid members, and no ones personal slot machine affects the outcome of anyone ELSE'S slot machine.

This is correct. The only reason I offered that the game might decide how many players get loot in advance, is we thought it might be weird if sometimes 25 players or 0 players got loot -- that might feel broken to participants. However, for the sake of argument, just assume that other players won't affect your loot. That is the whole point. It won't matter whether you killed the boss with 1 player or 25 players, and it won't matter what the spec or class is of those players. The loot is per person and not per raid.

Quote:

If you are in a 25-player group, can people "pass" and increase the chance that other players will win, by reducing the number of people rolling in the group?

No. There is no concept of rolling in today's sense (again, only when using this particular LFR looting system). A boss dies and the game says "You won this," and gives the item to you... hopefully with a little more ceremony than that.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Killed the bosses 11 times + coin like the OP this week and I got 3 pvp pieces and a tier legs of the wrong spec (my fault) on my worst character. You just had bad luck OP, better luck next week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/03/19/today-in-wow/

Quote:

You have a personal slot machine to play, and so do each of the other 24 raid members, and no ones personal slot machine affects the outcome of anyone ELSE'S slot machine.

This is correct. The only reason I offered that the game might decide how many players get loot in advance, is we thought it might be weird if sometimes 25 players or 0 players got loot -- that might feel broken to participants. However, for the sake of argument, just assume that other players won't affect your loot. That is the whole point. It won't matter whether you killed the boss with 1 player or 25 players, and it won't matter what the spec or class is of those players. The loot is per person and not per raid.

Quote:

If you are in a 25-player group, can people "pass" and increase the chance that other players will win, by reducing the number of people rolling in the group?

No. There is no concept of rolling in today's sense (again, only when using this particular LFR looting system). A boss dies and the game says "You won this," and gives the item to you... hopefully with a little more ceremony than that.
    this was quite helpfull, thank you very much