Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallikiddd View Post
    it should work. there's a few mobs its not so good on. i would take the extra time with misdirects but being a clicker and with way too many people farming on the isle the competition is ridiculous for tagging. would rather have my pet hold mobs just a little longer.
    On level 91 mobs it works, on 92 mobs it doesn't. Manually casting also doesn't do anything except putting growl on cooldown.

Deleted
    Been topping pretty much every fight myself so far. Gotta say I do enjoy bursting upwards of 1million dps at the start of galakras. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    On level 91 mobs it works, on 92 mobs it doesn't. Manually casting also doesn't do anything except putting growl on cooldown.
    yea the big snakes my pet doesnt hold too well. and those elite yangoul with 7mil health?...forget it. i have to kite them all over. concussion shot alot. well i gave up on them hehe.

Deleted
    as i said some weeks ago i have the feeling that we r gonna be in a better spot than tier 14 and 15, maybe not top but at least upper than middle of the pack. Noxxic rankings are a bit useless but it's better to be up there than being in 12th position

just what blizz does most of the time...a bandaid fix....thats cheap.
    Mobs being immune to taunt = protection against griefing. ANY hunter with basic skills knows how to macro and utilize their MD with their pet. Being a hunter comes with proper micro managing of your pet in order to solo difficult mobs/encounters. Can't handle that? Play a blood DK.

As for hunters not being on top before...I'm not sure why, I play with equally/more skilled people than me when it comes to class management, and I'm rarely below other classes on sustained dps. Haven't felt weak in a single encounter in MoP so far. But maybe the difference is huge when the classes are decked in full HC? Hopefully I'll get to experience that this tier around.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2013-09-15 at 06:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    But maybe the difference is huge when the classes are decked in full HC?
    That's exactly the issue though, other classes scale much faster with high gear compared to Hunters. We're fine in normal mode and early heroics, but gear makes a bigger difference for other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Krunsh View Post
    Marks and BM aoe is garbage though
    LOL nice attempt at a troll on the BM AoE part. We'll see what happens when people get gear, many classes scale much better with gear than Hunters, remember back in Cata when Survival was "OP" and they nerfed it? yeah, once people got some raid gear they would have passed the SV even if Blizzard didn't nerf it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Mobs being immune to taunt = protection against griefing. ANY hunter with basic skills knows how to macro and utilize their MD with their pet. Being a hunter comes with proper micro managing of your pet in order to solo difficult mobs/encounters. Can't handle that? Play a blood DK.
    yea well i dont macro or keybind. im a keyboard turner and clicker. it suits me just fine. well whatever the case there will be changes down the road on the isle. there always is.

yea well i dont macro or keybind. im a keyboard turner and clicker. it suits me just fine. well whatever the case there will be changes down the road on the isle. there always is.
    If that's the case, this thread is not really directed towards your experience with the hunter class. You are more than welcome to play however you want, but you can't ignore the OPs obvious intention of referring to a raid environment and get upset when people shoot down your comments, simply because they are more willing to play in a more effective manner.
    At best you've derailed this thread, and at worst you're trolling.

On topic:
    We all knew hunters were going to be good, or at least in a decent place early on. Gear will most likely change that, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    If that's the case, this thread is not really directed towards your experience with the hunter class. You are more than welcome to play however you want, but you can't ignore the OPs obvious intention of referring to a raid environment and get upset when people shoot down your comments, simply because they are more willing to play in a more effective manner.
    At best you've derailed this thread, and at worst you're trolling.

On topic:
    We all knew hunters were going to be good, or at least in a decent place early on. Gear will most likely change that, unfortunately.
    yea i was goofing a bit, so what...lighten up.

i haven't raided on my hunter in awhile so come the opening of SoO LFR i'll see how it is. yea the hunter obviously not my main. my main was a druid on another realm. hydraxis dead now. that druid rots away. rerolled hunter on stormrage. basically guild moved servers. hunters and locks the easiest to level up.

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    Started from the middle now we're here!
    Started from the middle now my Hunter team f**king here!

So far, I topped on Immerseus, Protectors, Dark Shamans, Malkorok, Spoils, and Thok. Is it just me or does Kill Command (charge), Dash, and Blink Strikes seem OP for pet uptime on Thok during phase 2?

And did anyone have bugs for Spoils where you didn't get credit on a kill and have to come back to kill him again?

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Noxxic is well known for the horrible charts and such, so I would take it with a bucket of salt.

I was generally doing quite well in our guild. Around the middle at worst, and I think I topped on Malkorok. But once classes gear up they are going to edge ahead further and further.
    Fixed that for you.
    I wont take raidbots seriously either, cant separate dw frost from 2h frost or smf / tg fury
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    One week of normals is not even close to enough data to tell where all of the classes are at...

15+ Year Old Account
    Growl doesn't work in Timeless Isle, not sure why everyone is talking about it in this thread.

As for the actual topic, its not even been a week yet so I wouldn't judge anything now. Wait a month at least with the real logs (the multiple of them) have been uploaded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    One week of normals is not even close to enough data to tell where all of the classes are at...
    i understand where youre coming from but you have to admit you smiled a little not being poop for a short time so now its just a matter of lets see where we go from here. the dps split between dps on our raid with good uptime was so tight it felt good to be that competitive again

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Started from the middle now my Hunter team f**king here!
    Snip - Please refrain from posting meme/spam images.

damn it feels to be a dps gangsta
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-09-16 at 03:26 PM.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    But...but.......because so many people said we'd be not-so-good in 5.4, yet we're on/near the top....but..

Again people, other classes scale much better with gear, as you've seen in the past, and will continue to happen until they fix it. I'd say wait until at least this week if not next (more tier/trinkets/etc) and see where everyone is at. One week of normals is laughable at best.
    Last edited by Hayro1; 2013-09-16 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    But...but.......because so many people said we'd be not-so-good in 5.4, yet we're on/near the top....but..

Again people, other classes scale much better with gear, as you've seen in the past, and will continue to happen until they fix it. I'd say wait until at least this week if not next (more tier/trinkets/etc) and see where everyone is at. One week of normals is laughable at best.
    110% this.

We are doing well because its Normal Progression.

The second people start getting kitted out in even normal BiS, we will start to fall behind. Mid-Heroic BiS, we will be struggling to be high-end, and by the end of Heroic BiS we will be middle of the pack again.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    People are talking a bunch of trash about the Growl issue. The mobs are NOT immune to taunt. It's 100% a hunter pet issue. Warlock pet hold aggro just fine on anything on the Isle. And it's not just lvl 92 mobs, I've seen my pet refuse to Growl on lvl 91's too.

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    People are talking a bunch of trash about the Growl issue. The mobs are NOT immune to taunt. It's 100% a hunter pet issue. Warlock pet hold aggro just fine on anything on the Isle. And it's not just lvl 92 mobs, I've seen my pet refuse to Growl on lvl 91's too.
    they fuck that up when they did that fix on heroic will because hunters were using their pets to tank those adds, also a lot of ppl cry because hunter pets taunt boss in dungeons, right now your pet cant taunt elites, it had nothing to do with level.

this is old tho, in brawlers guild this was a mess but after Rank 5 your growl didnt work either way same with your mend pet.

Everything's coming up Milhouse!
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.